A couple of ups and downs

*Emsie*

Gold Member
Went to the Dr last night about feeling so tired etc and possible low iron. He told me how its normal when losing weight to feel like this! Why is it people don't tell you this before? I've had months of feeling crap and people saying you must be feeling great! :confused:
That said...I know it is all worth it....or at least I hope so! And was delighted last night to lose 4lb...taking me to 4 stone 2 and getting me my 4 stone award! :D

Hmm, I'm really not sure this is true and probably why they don't say it! I don't think I've heard this before.

For me though, I'm permanently tired and have low energy but that's because I don't sleep well :-( I posted in my diary yesterday that I wish I was one of the people for whom losing weight makes them full of energy and life but I'm not!

Anyway I would have thought losing 4 FANTASTIC stones would make you feel wonderful. Perhaps a different doc or a visit to the nurse may be in order?

You are not on any sort of low calorie or low carborhydrate diet which may leave you lacking in energy so I don't think I agree with your doctor!

Firstly well done on your loss this week thats fantastic!

If you are to go for some blood tests, I would recommend it. My family have discovered that we are either carriers (myself included), or have heamochromotosis (sp), it means that we produce too much iron. The family members that have the gene have blood drawn regularly where as I donate blood to keep my iron level low. The signs and symptoms are the same as being anaemic though, so its worth while getting yourself checked over.

Take care
xxx

Back