A crime against all WW followers. IMPORTANT!!!

Sorry got a bit emotionally involved with my post, in fact no im not sorry, to be quite honest some people are so scared to go to meetings and this poor woman is helping these people possibly lose weight, its disgusting in this country with levels of obesity soaring that we have to pay for support to lose weight, go noreen!! i will back you all the way..rant over x

But you dont HAVE to go to classes to follow WW. Look at it this way if you spent ages working out a formula for something and insisted people paid to get the forumla and the benefit to it, how would you feel if you found someone handing it out free? I dont think theyre charging for the support but for the knowledge and know how.

At the end of the day WW is a business, they want to make money first and foremost and have invested a lot in the points programme working, I dont think we can really expect them to just give it away free.

I get what your saying but was this lady really doing any harm, they make a crazy amount of money, nevermind

Just glad u posted to let me know it was going off, i wuda been gutted if id gone on and it had disappeared, i might make it into a book xx thanks for letting us know

I don't want to sound like i'm supporting the actions of weight watchers, but at the end of the day they are a business and if their service or information is being given away for free then they're not going to stand by and let it happen. Especially in the current economic climate, all businesses need to do all they can to protect their income.

The way they've gone about things seems harsh though, but I guess members who fully pay up could also be a bit miffed if others were getting the information for free.

Slimming world have been clamping down on this recently too and have had clarified what can and can't be shared.

That's the issue I think Jenny - they need to clarify what can and can't be shared.

I personally think that if someone has worked out the values of some foods and posts them up on a website they're not doing WW out of that much business. I worry that it's the thin end of the wedge - what happens next - we can't have a forum on here for WW? We give points values out for people on certain products if they post the queston...

I think they could show a bit of common sense, theres a lot thats on Noreens site that they dont have in their books, so I cant see how that should be a problem when shes worked them out. The pages that are a straight lift from the guide, then fair enough, thats a copyright issue. What they might like to consider is a lot of us use Noreens site because its a damn sight more accurate than WW!

Oh my gosh I am fuming! I can't believe we have to be told what we can and can't share its ridiculous. I understand that they are trying to protect their business but at the end of the day it is celebrating WW and encouraging people to do the diet. If they are trying to clamp down to make way for the 'new' WW, what are they gonna do take all our WW books and guides off us?

Whilst part of me does understand and agree that WW is a profit making organisation and in these financial climates all business are trying to keep their heads above water - lets be realistic WW are never going have that problem, there are not in danger of going bust anytime soon.

The other side of the coin is that also in these financial climates people are trying to tighten the purse strings and save a little here and there and lets face it WW meetings are quite expensive to the everyday jane doe.

WW are really cracking down and basically don't want anyone to find any info about the WW plan through any other means than the meetings or the website - cut people a bit of slack I say!

I might pay for the meetings but I would gladly help anyone follow WW, I would gladly lend them my books etc and I would never get miffed that I am paying and they are not. It would never occur to me to think that way, when I first did WW 6 years ago, someone kindly copied all the books for me, I was very grateful to happy to pay that back to anyone and infact have lent my books to someone.

I think their hard line is a little too much and alienating people from wanting to attending classes and/or pay for their products will be far more long lasting.

Thats my personal opinion and rant over!

Yep you are right Sandy, WW will do what they want at the end of the day, but heh I feel tons better for my little rant LOL!!! The email I had from WW said that they had a department now that just looked on the internet for copyright and intellectual property infringements! So again you're right they have no doubt looked on this site. Seems such a shame when people help each other and its deemed wrong!

I'll have a look on the recipe thread and the ones taken straight from the WW website or cookbooks I'll get rid off. Some are my own or dramatically altered so I assume they will be ok?

Ive made a start on my recipes in the recipe thread, let me know if what I have done is ok, or how I delete a message if that would be easier.

OK thanks very much. Better to be safe than sorry!!

Absolutely Lydia.

I do think it's a pity though and quite counter-productive too - quite a lot of people start on their own and then go to classes to get the mutual support they need so there's not going to be a shortage of people joining WW as a result - potentially quite the reverse.

Maybe theyre looking at it that if the goodies are only available at classes more people will sign up for them. I know I know I sound sooo argumentative lol But just looking at both sides of the argument ;)

I have to admit when I started if I couldnt have got the stuff on ebay Id have gone to classes, may only have stuck it a few weeks but Id have gone, paid my membership and bought the stuff from them.

Back