A daily dose of a** kicking!

Don't worry hun, we all fluctuate. Keep up the water intake x

On it....x

I've been on plan 100% and also somehow managed to gain 1lb! In the space of a week it was +1, then -2 by the next Wi... So the body does as the body wants - however, take solace in the fact that you ARE losing fat (it's impossible not to).. The fat cell loses the fat, but sometimes fills up with water instead! It sucks, but let's keep going. :) This diet works!

Really wondering whether to switch plans (she said, having just bought a huge amount of sns stuff). I think i am just too weak to keep this up- one set back turns into two days, and then i hate my own failing.

The ridiculous thing is that i really like how i feel when I'm on track- the food suits my body and I feel healthy....but for some reason I just can't maintain momentum. Should I just switch for a while, have a go at JUDDing or something. At least then I won't be on this crazy cycle of splurging everytime I have a set back.

Not looking for sympathy....but interested in opinions.

Anything works as long as you stick with it. You're focusing on the small negatives, but look at the big picture! Look how far you've come! Switching plans now may actually mess with your head more than you can imagine.

But, having said that, if you feel this is no longer working for you, then you know best. I just think you need to get in touch with your deeper emotions. A small 'gain' on the scales is upsetting you to the point that you go and sabotage yourself - when in reality after 100% - it may have just been a build up in your intestines/bowel and water - so nothing that wouldn't have passed through in the course of time.

:) I was upset when I gained the phantom 1lb and yes I thought about saying 'Sod this' ... but, does it actually help? No. The weight is still there and I'm doing something about it. It'll go as long as I stick with this plan.

I've lost 11 stone previously - and the road isn't always a consistent 2 lbs per week! Just be patient. It will shift.

x

Everything you say is true.....you're absolutely right....and i really do want to do it....and i know i need to just man up....but I'm so bored of myself!!! Doing well, doing badly, ten days on, two days off....uurrrgggh!

I need a target. Something I can kick myself with every time I stagger. Pppffft!

Thanks for taking the time to help
Xxx

Well you did say - a dose of a** kicking :p

Well. How about this, do some small boundaries around things. So start with 'no carbs' - but having vegetables instead when the need to eat arises. I developed really bad binge eating disorder, so the first step wasn't to cure my overeating - but to limit the damage. Switch your 'bad' choices with stuff that won't do a lot of damage - that way you can still eat, but do it without really hurting the hard work you've done.

Easier said than done of course. But part of this is getting rid of the things you'd rather not eat from the house - or at least in places where you will NOT see them. "Out of sight, out of mind". Get someone to hide them - or to regulate their size (i.e. someone monitors the quantity!). Make vegetables your first call.

This stage may take a few days or a few weeks. But give it a go. :) It worked for me.

I hear you...though hard to imagine veggies will feed the crisp monster in me!!!

i'll keep on pushing through - hope that this being my own diary means my rantings are not annoying to others, but really appreciate those who pop on with advice.

tomorrow is a new day and all that...

well done you on your loss - when did you do the 11 stone? And HOW???? Amazing!

I'm probably not going to help you here but.......

I was the same as you, same weight when I first saw your diary, similar height, don't know about age but hey ho!
I fell off the wagon and no amount of trying could get me back on for longer than 3 days and rather than waste money (I still have a weeks worth of S&S sitting taunting me!) I decided that I would switch to cal counting as if I went over on one day I could make up the calorie difference the next. The losses are alot smaller but that's what I have to put up with. I have 2 children and also a childminder and I found I was popping things into my mouth when doing their lunch/dinner/snacks and feeling guilty over a grape or apple :-( I really splurged when I stopped and put on 5lbs but that's nearly off now.
I know if I could stick to S&S for 6 weeks I could probably blitz the last bit of weight I want to lose but my mind is not in it.
If you can I'd keep on going and just be super strict with yourself for as many days as you can. If you need to eat, eat protein or have an extra pack.
I believe you can do and have the willpower to battle on through for the last bit x
Good luck!

Back