A daunting goal date

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by CoCoMo, 10 February 2010 Social URL.

1. CoCoMo

CoCoMo Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It's a good job I started CD this week! I was partially motivated to start because my very good friend is getting married on August 1st, and as I am one of her two bridesmaids, I can't very well spend the day dodging cameras....;) So the Hen Do has now been booked - only five of us going, all closest friends, but we are going to Barcelona...on MAY 17th!!! There is a beach day planned in our itinerary. That means, I want to be able to put on a bikini, and be proud and comfortable about how I look. Also, two of our friends are naturally slender size 8-10 stunners :peep:- now, I can't compete with them, but hell, I would like to fit in and not have to hide under a tarpaulin :D
    So, 54lbs to lose, by May 17th. I think it's doable - but somehow having a real actual date in mind makes it seem more urgent and pressurised. Any good tips? Thanks peeps!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ohhh how lovely Spain!!!

Its very doable yes as long as its stuck too 100% !!!

Just as a guide (and i was 47 pounds heavier than you at the start though) i lost 2 stone in the first 6 weeks... then about 4 stone in 4 months..so it CAN be done!

I wish you well

Take each week as it comes dont focus TOO much on the bigger picture as yes it can seem quite daunting!!

x

4. CoCoMo

CoCoMo Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks so much MrsEssex! I think it always feels like a bigger task at the start. Having thought about it a little, even if I haven't lost it all by then, I will be happy if I feel comfortable with how I look - that is a good start!

5. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It's a great goal and a brilliant incentive. I am hoping for that sort of loss by the end of April time so I am with you on this one, good luck.

6. CoCoMo

CoCoMo Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Beccubug, your losses in your first couple of weeks are FAB! Well done! I will keep an eye on your ticker, it will be good motivation for me too;)
    By the way, I forgot how cold you get in ketosis - BRRRRR!

7. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I've got quite a daunting goal date too, so I've just decided to draw a line under everything I've done on this diet in the past, all the losses and cheats and everything. Today is day 1 (again lol) and I feel so much more positive and motivated.

You'll do it hun, just think Barcelona everytime you feel weak. I just have to think about my lovely Goddaughters Christening and my willpower is back!

Good luck!! xxx

8. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thank you, this is the 4th time I have started this diet and I have never managed more than 5 pounds in the first week so I was over the moon. I am also very cold.

9. X_Tasha_X

X_Tasha_X Silver Member

I have a little goal i am aiming towards too. Like your self my best friend is getting married on 20th of Aug and i am also a bridesmaid. I aiming to fit into a size 18 dress (i am a size 26 at the moment) so yes we both have goals we are working towards... and yes we will get there :D xxx

10. LeaPJ

LeaPJ Perseverance is key

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(16.74%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Best of luck Coco :D xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.