A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi everyone. I am very interested in becoming a consultant and there's an opportunity event coming up in my area soon. This thread has been a great help and has given me lots of info, but I haven't managed to find out the current franchise fee. Is this a closely guarded secret only to be revealed at opportunity events, or is anyone able to share? I don't really want to waste any time going to the event if it's thousands of pounds, as I couldn't afford that right now. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi everyone. I am very interested in becoming a consultant and there's an opportunity event coming up in my area soon. This thread has been a great help and has given me lots of info, but I haven't managed to find out the current franchise fee. Is this a closely guarded secret only to be revealed at opportunity events, or is anyone able to share? I don't really want to waste any time going to the event if it's thousands of pounds, as I couldn't afford that right now. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I don't think its closely guarded, it's been mentioned on here it's 1500. But in key times you should make it back pretty quick. X

Hi Dancing,
I love being a consultant, there are pitfalls as there are with anything else you might choose to do in life! but i would say very few that are as rewarding, in January from my two groups i earned a combined amount of £1200 in a month, take off my fee's for hiring the halls and i was still left with £900 and they are only 50 members each group so you can earn money from it but to make it your fulltime job you would have to have at least 3 to 4 groups a weekor 2 to 3 at double session, maybe at least go along to an opportunities evening and see what all the fuss is about :) keep us informed :)
Hi Caretaker,

Don't know if you remember me but you kindly answered my queries a year ago. Cut a long story short and I didn't go for it then due to family illness but in September our consultant left and I offered to take over. Well I have just got in from night two and am loving it. I just wanted to thank you for your advice and to let you know how it's going. I took over a double session and I fast tracked first night and went Ruby and am doing really well with new members and total numbers. If I hadn't had your advice I might not have gone for it, so thank you once again x

Hi there, been reading through this thread for a few days now. I had my slimming world interview and was accepted to be a consultant last week. Soooo excited and also glad I gave this a read before hand it's really helped me understand how much hard work and effort goes into the role.
Thanks all you lovely ladies x

Hi there, been reading through this thread for a few days now. I had my slimming world interview and was accepted to be a consultant last week. Soooo excited and also glad I gave this a read before hand it's really helped me understand how much hard work and effort goes into the role.
Thanks all you lovely ladies x

Hi I'm Sandra, I started as a consultant 7 January and although life has been hectic I'm loving it. The training is amazing and everyone at a Slimming World is lovely. If you want any tips or advice let me know. X

Thanks Sandra, I'm new to the minis as well so hoping posting right too.
I'm so excited just waiting for training dates and my contract etc to arrive. Can not wait to get started, just trying to stay calm and not get to far in too quick.
I'm hoping someone from my area is going to the same training. I'd hate to be on my own but if needs must ! hopefully know more soon feel a bit In limbo but that's just my impatience lol !

Did you start your own group or relaunch ?

Thanks Sandra, I'm new to the minis as well so hoping posting right too.
I'm so excited just waiting for training dates and my contract etc to arrive. Can not wait to get started, just trying to stay calm and not get to far in too quick.
I'm hoping someone from my area is going to the same training. I'd hate to be on my own but if needs must ! hopefully know more soon feel a bit In limbo but that's just my impatience lol !

Did you start your own group or relaunch ?

enjoy the peace while you can! I was terrified about going to training in my own you may see some of my posts but I drove over 140 miles on my own on motorways through snow! So if I can do it anyone can. Training was amazing you learn so much. all the trainers are lovely. Best tip don't buy too much stuff too soon but it is very exciting.

I was lucky I took over my Group double session only five minutes from home in new year so talk about going in the deep end - my group more than trebled in numbers but I've coped. It's the best feeling handing out awards and am getting excited for Greatest Loser next week - I won it last year do will be handing over my crown. Although if I wasn't target for a year and not the consultant I would win my session again!

Sandra x

Fantastic, well done on biggest loser you must be doing fab and sounds like your loving it so far !
I'm just outside Glasgow so a wee trek for me but I like am adventure (well I do now !)
I'm taking over a group bout ten mins away, (there's also an opportunity to start up a class ten mins in the other direction so poss something to look at for future if all goes well !) Theres around 50 members in the class at the moment so I'm quite nervous but looking forward to getting the numbers up.
The job im in just now I don't get to speak to a lot of people anymore and sad to say I miss it so much. I miss chatting away and finding out about people. I've always been a people person and a bit of a helper. It just seems to be something I'm good at. So I'm hoping being a consultant gives me that back and I can really try make a difference.
Aw getting all soppy here !

Hi I've just joined this site and not sure if am doing this right had my interview today to become a sw consultant after reading this and other forums my head is in an absolute spin I adore the class I'm involved with now and am hoping to take over a up and running group but am so v nervous about taking this on the 1500 is a lot of money for us and am obviously worried about earning potential but at the same time have pangs of excitement in amongst the nervous sick feeling :)

Glad I'm not alone !
Exactly the same here it's a lot of money to invest with a lot of hard work to be done.
Excited and nervous that I'm doing the right thing but I'm now so determined to make it work. I can see the potential with a busy group although keeping numbers up is the bit I worry about.
Sounds silly but I'm 29 but look younger and worry that people won't think I'm 'old enough' to give advice. I've got two kids -13 and 10 (started early) so it's been a contributing factor however I've always struggled with weight. I just hope my class will like me.

Hi everyone . This is my first post ever on minimins so hopefully I've done it right . This thread is awesome and the posts from you all are informative and honest - I love reading them all . I went for an interview today for a consultant post and they told me I'd hear in around 7 days. Is it just me or did any of you feel if you'd done the right thing or not . I'm think I'm terrified and excited at the same time !

Hi Beybon
im new to the forum too. I feel exactly the same so excited but get really nervous thinking about it. My hubby keeps telling me that I'm doing the right thing and to go for it. I think reading this thread has definatly helped, I know what I'm letting myself in for but I'm determined I will make it work. It is a lot of money for us to invest into this but I really think i put the effort in it It will be worth it, not just to make money I get its a long road but helping people and having something that's yours must feel great.
Xx

Ah thanks Littlelou. I really enjoy slimming world and am on the social team on check in for two classes . I absolutely love group and would love to do more so here's hoping . Hope you enjoy it when you up x I'm a lot older than you so I don't know if they have an age limit .

I was offered the role today and was thrilled and have decided to take on two groups an exsisting group and starting a new saturday group so nervous just waiting welcome pack have dates to go to head office for training 27/3/15 soooooo nervous dont suppose anyone from my neck of the woods going (yorkshire) and not sure what we do about booking hotel is it in the welcome pack ?
head bit puddled at the moment as have worked in my current place of work for 28 years and although thingscan still challange me (im a nurse in the NHS!) i can sort of do it with at least one eye closed ! and this is scarey i sat in my group today watching my consultant thinking OMG HOW AM I GOING TO DO THAT !

Ah I was too ! I got news on the friday and my pack on the tuesday so not long but felt a bit in limbo, there's a fair wee bit of info to get you thinking and reading in the pack. There's an intensely of training and a map with the two hotels on the back. My team developer said to hang off booking a hotel until pre training incase there was someone else going I could share with. (Keeps the costs down) and I think if you ask them they book or for you and get a good rate.
Move only been in my job 5 years I'm going to be working and tale on relaunching one class with hope in the future to set up another. ( in that area right now all the halls/venues are full) it's going to be a lot of juggling but my family are used to it a bit.
I can imagine how it must feel if your going to take on a new role after a good while in your job but it sounds like the challenge you want. I'm just looking at it like a great big adventure haha

Back