A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi to both of you - enjoy all the reading and diplomas you need to do before training - I thought I'd never finish reading SOS but I did. It is hard work at the start, it is bewildering but to see the look on people's faces when they lose weight and receive awards is priceless :)

Sandra x

Hi Dancingsan,

That's the bit i am most looking forward to, seeing people get the results for their hard work especially knowing how hard they will have tried each week.

Please don't let the numbers in group now put you off, i relaunched a group with around 20 members and fast tracked right upto stage three, with all the promotion prongs it can be done! I got 72 members over january, currently averaging on around 55 paying members in my single session. Because of course people join in January just to get new packs etc and then don't come back! But i refuse to get despondent im building my group nicely and getting myself a good reputation so ive heard :)

the time thing was an issue at first, yes it does take over from first training right through promotion and then worrying you're not gonna fast track, but I promise when you get into a routine you hardly do anything! My support is calls to new members, cards to lapsing members or maybe ones who have struggled but had a miraculous good week (I like to give em extra praise and motivation to keep going) facebook group is ace and easy to support members on there. Plan for success literally takes me half an hour and then your call with team developer. Seriously I feel like I'm doing too little sometimes as ive got my routine down to the minute!

And all the effort you put in at first repays you over and over. When you get a text back, or someone shares your promotional status on facebook with a nice comment, or when you're dong your new member talk one comes over and says she can't stay as hubby at work but thank you so much for your support this week, it just feels worth it!

Cant see see my single session going double for a little while but it is growing and my advice to you is to do everything by the book and it will pay off x

Hi Rochelle, thank you for the advice - its nerve racking I just keep thinking yes im doing the right thing and with some hard work it will be okay! It sounds like you are super organised and doing really well, glad your still liking it too.
I was at pretraining yesterday and my team leader let me know the group had 58 weigh in this week, so thats calmed me a little bit however I have started panicking about if I do get the 25 or poss more - thats a lotta people !

I'm so looking forward to meeting some lovely people and really hoping to make some new friendships and help anyone as much as I can. For now I have a tonne of reading to do...best get the books out soon :)

Thank you again for putting my mind at ease with your comment it really helped and made me a lot calmer going off to training.

Lou x

Hi Rochelle, thank you for the advice - its nerve racking I just keep thinking yes im doing the right thing and with some hard work it will be okay! It sounds like you are super organised and doing really well, glad your still liking it too.
I was at pretraining yesterday and my team leader let me know the group had 58 weigh in this week, so thats calmed me a little bit however I have started panicking about if I do get the 25 or poss more - thats a lotta people !

I'm so looking forward to meeting some lovely people and really hoping to make some new friendships and help anyone as much as I can. For now I have a tonne of reading to do...best get the books out soon :)

Thank you again for putting my mind at ease with your comment it really helped and made me a lot calmer going off to training.

Lou x

Once your group is regularly over 60 paying they would ask you to think about opening an extra session, so that's exciting for you!

The organisation thing is part of my personality lol I'm very organised and like to have a plan in place in advance!

Oh you will love training it's brill head office staff are so nice, food is to die for and free on your first two training weekends, everyone is in same boat so don't be scared to just go over and talk to people lol I loved it all. As for hotels, the premier inn is fab and really friendly.

oh and they tell you to pack those big files to take to training, I wouldn't bother. Secrets of success is all online on our consultants website and you don't get asked to look in them or anything anyway. They're just so heavy!

Ooh I wonder what trainer u get? We got Ursula both times she was fab x

Lou x[/QUOTE

hi. I was training same time as Rochelle but different trainer, they are all lovely. I worried about 25 too and being January there were more but I got 42. Those that said they were coming some didn't but lots more did. I did a lot of publicising on FB and boosted a post on my open page saying about the group. I also did a lot on local FB groups but watch for rules of advertising only on certain days etc. Rochelle was right hardly used SOS. Posters are hard to get out there, try the postcard sized ones in newsagents and places that do that sort of size adverts. You will love training even if it gets a bit emotional at times. You will make great friends as you are all in the same boat.

Sandra x

It all sounds so fab! Getting over the jitters slowly, a big part of that was the cost and worrying about if it's the right thing. However my lovely hubby sat me down last night and I give his full support, it's a lot of money for us as a family to invest however he did say " it's only money and I know how determined you are so never worry about if ot doesn't work out" I was so relieved it's took a great weight from my shoulders. We can all only give our best.
there are quite a few groups in my local area, my consultant has two, td has two and my own class so they've promised plenty practice and not to panick about first night and talks so I'm now really looking forward to it. I think I've been quite lucky getting the group and the supprt from the local team seems amazing.
Can't wait to be part if it
lou x

Hi all
My name is Vanessa and I will see you at HO on March 27th. As you guys I'm very up and down but mostly excited. Got pre training Thursday and I live in Suffolk. Be nice to meet

Hi all
My name is Vanessa and I will see you at HO on March 27th. As you guys I'm very up and down but mostly excited. Got pre training Thursday and I live in Suffolk. Be nice to meet

hi Vanessa ,
yay congrats on becoming a consultant another one to share the experience with :) looking forward to head office snd meeting up with some folks.
I'm a little calmer this week it's sinking in a bit more now x

Pre training tomorrow

hi Vanessa ,
yay congrats on becoming a consultant another one to share the experience with :) looking forward to head office snd meeting up with some folks.
I'm a little calmer this week it's sinking in a bit more now x

So it's Pre training tomorrow wonder how many others will be there. Got to hand over all that money hope I've done everything they needed. Exciting times ahead

Help having another panic do waiting for my consultant number to come through to start my diploma s still panicking about everything looking forward to training though hopefully that will help things click into place my group is a new Saturday group and one of the consultants in my area is my best friend she is amazing a real inspiration but just adds additional pressure as worried people will expect me to be like her and that's impossible would love to be but can only dream ..... Will be nice to get to Derby and hopefully meet people that feel similar nervous but excited added bonus .... Get away from kids !!!!

The best bit is all the lovely reading you come home with and info. I couldn't wait to get home and get it open hehe ! I'm sitting with one of the big folders just now. Having a good read :)
goid luck for tomorrow I'm sure your well prepared. I was so excited to meet anyone who was going and it turned out to be only me !! Was a bit nervous but all went well xx

Pre training done exhausted

The best bit is all the lovely reading you come home with and info. I couldn't wait to get home and get it open hehe ! I'm sitting with one of the big folders just now. Having a good read :)
goid luck for tomorrow I'm sure your well prepared. I was so excited to meet anyone who was going and it turned out to be only me !! Was a bit nervous but all went well xx

It's been a long day. Pre training then visit to couple potential venues in my area for my group to open. Sooooo much info. So much stuff to think about. There were 3 of us at pre training. Lovely to meet someone going through exactly the same thing. Gonna be a busy few weeks over next 2 mnths. Overwhelmed doesn't quite cut it. Excited too

Aw fab glad you got to meet some others, I feel a bit lonely this is my source of newbie excitement haha !
im sitting with my folder again trying to absorb the secrets
Oooh how'd it go venue hunting ?
I got a call from head office todayy paperwork is all through and I have my consultant number for online weee exciting stuff ! Plus my leaflets posters and banner are order. It was quite scary seeing my name on the email with class time and date etc oooh nerves again !
Was at my TDs class last night unfortunately the computers were down,looked a little bit stressful for her so I just sat through class and enjoyed being at a diff one from my regular group and helped her tidy away and had a chat. Was good, enjoyed seeing her in action.
Slightly jealous she's got a good venue with storage so she doesn't need to carry everything about to and fro. I'd def recommend finding out if there's a venue that could offer you that. Mines is in a school so unfortunatly they are unable to keep things there.

Hi there

Aw fab glad you got to meet some others, I feel a bit lonely this is my source of newbie excitement haha !
im sitting with my folder again trying to absorb the secrets ����
Oooh how'd it go venue hunting ?
I got a call from head office todayy paperwork is all through and I have my consultant number for online weee exciting stuff ! Plus my leaflets posters and banner are order. It was quite scary seeing my name on the email with class time and date etc oooh nerves again !
Was at my TDs class last night unfortunately the computers were down,looked a little bit stressful for her so I just sat through class and enjoyed being at a diff one from my regular group and helped her tidy away and had a chat. Was good, enjoyed seeing her in action.
Slightly jealous she's got a good venue with storage so she doesn't need to carry everything about to and fro. I'd def recommend finding out if there's a venue that could offer you that. Mines is in a school so unfortunatly they are unable to keep things there.

Hey there checking in to see how you are. Have had my head in Secrets today and finally negotiated good price for a fab modern canteen in a high school. No storage unfortunately. Have you booked hotel? I'm sharing a room with another newbie from Norfolk and we are staying at Premier Inn from Thursday night. Been snowed under reading, sorting and thinking about my advertising campaign. Gonna be seriously busy v soon. Can't believe we need to take 3 tests b4 HO weekend. Just enjoyed a hearty bowl of my fav SW recipe rice pudding. Love the stuff. Hope with all the work I can still shed those pounds x

Same here, trying to get into a routine with my teenage boy!! explaining to him how he is going to have to help a little more round the house haha! So inbetween chapers i'm monitoring him washing dishes, sorting washing, tidying up etc... its been fun! He is keen though. Im just about done the first folder :) yay I plan on getting a lot of reading done over the weekend, since theres football tomorrow I am managing a fairly quiet one and family off out without me.
Not booked the hotel yet, was waiting on the other girl my district manager told me about ringing but she never has, not sure if shes maybe too shy too, was thinking i'll send a wee message to my District manager tomorrow in case shes not been able to get me. Would be really good to go down with someone ( for a wee blether en route) and also to share the cost with. I was hoping to get the premier in, although Ive heard good things about both the hotels so wasnt sure which one to go for. How much is the Premier Inn?
I know 3 tests arggh! my team manager keeps saying don't worry its multiple choice and they tell you which ones you get wrong so you know what to read again. Ive not been this nervous since I took my theory test for driving haha!

Oooh I am excited about getting ready for class, I got an email with details for my leaflets posters and banners, realy strange seeing my name on ther with New consultant weee!

Oh I didnt know about rice pudding? I'll need to have a look for that (learning everyday still) I found soup mix bags in asda for £1 - all free just pop in water and stock and voila - soup in 20 mins! Tried the chilli bean one tonight and WOW it was spicy but lovely, even the hubby ate it :)

Head in Secrets to success

Same here, trying to get into a routine with my teenage boy!! explaining to him how he is going to have to help a little more round the house haha! So inbetween chapers i'm monitoring him washing dishes, sorting washing, tidying up etc... its been fun! He is keen though. Im just about done the first folder :) yay I plan on getting a lot of reading done over the weekend, since theres football tomorrow I am managing a fairly quiet one and family off out without me.
Not booked the hotel yet, was waiting on the other girl my district manager told me about ringing but she never has, not sure if shes maybe too shy too, was thinking i'll send a wee message to my District manager tomorrow in case shes not been able to get me. Would be really good to go down with someone ( for a wee blether en route) and also to share the cost with. I was hoping to get the premier in, although Ive heard good things about both the hotels so wasnt sure which one to go for. How much is the Premier Inn?
I know 3 tests arggh! my team manager keeps saying don't worry its multiple choice and they tell you which ones you get wrong so you know what to read again. Ive not been this nervous since I took my theory test for driving haha!

Oooh I am excited about getting ready for class, I got an email with details for my leaflets posters and banners, realy strange seeing my name on ther with New consultant weee!

Oh I didnt know about rice pudding? I'll need to have a look for that (learning everyday still) I found soup mix bags in asda for £1 - all free just pop in water and stock and voila - soup in 20 mins! Tried the chilli bean one tonight and WOW it was spicy but lovely, even the hubby ate it :)

Good morning
Was woken at 5.30 this morning by my boys. Couldn't get back to sleep with all this on my mind. It really is a lot to get your head around. Still have apprehensive moments but I'm sure once opening night is over it will all be fine. My worries right now are the choice of night and time. I wanted to do Thursday as that's when the gp already has it so gonna put people out changing time, night and venue. They have there gp currently at 5.30 and I'm looking at a 7.30 gp which is a nightmare coz I would never be able to commit to such a late gp myself so worried how others would? Also it's the night b4 I go to my day job and I'm s stickler for getting enough sleep. Don't want to moan about it though always feel like I must make a good impression to managers all the time. Anyway this was my break from study so best get back to it. Got busy weekend visiting mums and a bday party so can only study for another hour. Let me know when your doing the tests. Take care

Been run ragged this weekend / start of the week. Hoping to have all the reading and things done so I can take the diplomas end of this week - gives me a few days to do them again if theres bits I don't get spot on.

I was out last night visiting my team developers class - missed this first session 34 stayed to class, caught the second and there was only 7 stayed! She looked a bit shocked and they were saying how its never been that quiet, I think I cursed her class...ops! Going back Monday to both sessions to get a wee bit training on the pay side - never done that before. Got the class I attend tonight weigh in time - hoping I have done well as I had a small gain last week. Then on Thursday visiting the group Im relaunching - need the room layout for training, and hoping to have a wee cha with the relief consultant as he is fairly new too. Hoping to learn some tips!

Aww please don't worry about group time being late one, as they tel you at training build it and they will come!
You'll work so hard on your first promo you will get lots of new members too. In the groups ive visited, it's usually the 7:30 sessions that are more tight-knit and more stay to group. My thinking is that they've had their tea so in no rush :) I usualy have around half staying to my 7pm class.

littlelou it's such an important thing to visit your group. Gives you chance to really get to chat to the existing members, the ones that stay, the ones that sneak out, catch them and have a chat. It goes a long way!

The pay thing doesn't take long to master, volunteer to do it in the group you go to as a member. Or sit with the person who does it xx

littlelou it's such an important thing to visit your group. Gives you chance to really get to chat to the existing members, the ones that stay, the ones that sneak out, catch them and have a chat. It goes a long way!

The pay thing doesn't take long to master, volunteer to do it in the group you go to as a member. Or sit with the person who does it xx

I had a wee go in my class on Tuesday, doesn't look too bad, going for a bit more practice to my team developers class on Monday again. Off to visit my class tonight - eeeek ! so excited and nervous, really looking forward to meeting some new people :)

Back