A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi guys I am the one who started this thread many moons ago! I went on to be a consultant but it wasn't for me. I was in a bad place when I did it I was very slim through slimmin world and stress due to a cheating partner as well as my sisters partner having a motor bike accident leaving him brain damaged and my mum being diagnosed with multiple syrosis. Training to be a consultant gave me something positive to focus on. On my launch night on new years eve my partner cheated on me. Since then I met someone new and I wanted to spend all my time with the new man and slimming world took up a lot of my time as a lot of you know. So I gave it up. Since then I've had a baby who is now 11 weeks old and were due to be married in January. I have also rejoined slimming world as a member to lose weight for the wedding. I got happy and content. Then I got fat lol. Being off on maternity leave I do sometimes think I wish I still worked for slimming world. I can't read through 151 pages so can anyone give me an update? Did any of u go for it? Did it work out or did u quit like me? Lol. Looking forward to hearing from u x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi rosierose,

I remember your story, as joined the thread early on as I was going to an Ops event in early 2013, which after that, discussions with my family and the very honest posts on this thread, I decided it wasn't for me!

Congratulations on becoming a Mummy, and glad that your new man turned out to be a good one xxx

Hi guys I am the one who started this thread many moons ago! I went on to be a consultant but it wasn't for me. I was in a bad place when I did it I was very slim through slimmin world and stress due to a cheating partner as well as my sisters partner having a motor bike accident leaving him brain damaged and my mum being diagnosed with multiple syrosis. Training to be a consultant gave me something positive to focus on. On my launch night on new years eve my partner cheated on me. Since then I met someone new and I wanted to spend all my time with the new man and slimming world took up a lot of my time as a lot of you know. So I gave it up. Since then I've had a baby who is now 11 weeks old and were due to be married in January. I have also rejoined slimming world as a member to lose weight for the wedding. I got happy and content. Then I got fat lol. Being off on maternity leave I do sometimes think I wish I still worked for slimming world. I can't read through 151 pages so can anyone give me an update? Did any of u go for it? Did it work out or did u quit like me? Lol. Looking forward to hearing from u x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi Rosie
I also become a consultant in 2013, but then I fell pregnant in August... Had planned to continue with SW but I become very ill- diagnosed with HG and was in hospital many times...
As a result I lost my enthusiasm for running a group, it become too stressful.
So in November last year I made the difficult decision to quit...
My little boy was born in May, he's now 16 weeks old and my whole world :)
I know I made the right decision to quit and I couldn't be any happier right now :)
I also rejoined SW as a member in June and am currently losing the baby weight, ready for my holiday next year :)
So happy to hear everything is going well for you and I'm glad you've found a man who treats you with respect xx

Hello Everyone :)

I may look new to the forum but have actually been around a while following this thread in since the early days. I toyed with the idea of becoming a consultant back in early 2013 and attended an ops event at the time but it wasn't the right time for me, there were no groups available that I was interested in and at the time I didn't have any transport either.

I'd pretty much talked myself out of the idea, especially after hearing some of the experiences of others in this thread, but then I heard this week that there's going to be an opening locally for the exact group that I wanted and my brain started whirring as the idea crept back into my mind about giving it a try.

I thought it over and had once again pretty much dismissed it when my consultant called up to see if I'd be interested and though I initially said I didn't think I would be, asked if I would at least come along to an ops event and maybe even have an interview to see if I'd be accepted.

I agreed to go along to refresh my memory, planning to play it cool, look at it objectively and see how I felt after but found myself asking for an application form before I knew it and arranging an interview for next month :D

Apart from the shock of the rather substantial price increase on the franchise fee, I was able to come away feeling like I knew what I would be getting into and starting to feel like I actually really wanted this quite badly now! It's at this point that it gets a bit scary when you start to want it, know you can do it but have to wait to see if you're what they are looking for.

It's going to be a struggle waiting a month for the interview and keeping quiet about it all until then but at least I have this thread to share my excitement and nerves at the prospect of taking the leap finally!

I would like to say a huge thank you to all for the honest views shared, which, along with the info from the ops events and shadowing my consultant for the last couple of years, have really put me in a position where I feel I can make an informed choice about whether to try for it.

Now begins the countdown to interview!

Hi everyone,

Been a long time since i posted any updates. The main reason being my group got really busy lol

Anyway, the story so far..
Relaunched a group on May 7th 2013, didnt fast track but did get my stages by week 6 :)
I went double by September 3rd 2013. Became a Pearl Consultant March 2014.
I left my full time job May this year, really made my SW job difficult and alot of restructuring meant i would have to make a choice. I chose my members. Best thing i ever did.

I opened a morning group on June 10th. I now have 155 members, all losing weight beautifully. 2 of my members have joined our team as consultants and i am so proud of them. 1 lost 5st and reached target the other has lost 9.5st with 7lb to target!

If you are wondering if i am able to survive financially just doing SW, then the answer is yes. This will be my first Christmas with no job to back me up so plans are in place to cover that but 16 months on, i would never go back to a mainstream job. I have never had job satisfaction until now. Yes, there are weeks when i think i have gone mad but on those weeks, someone will send me a message/card or tell me to my face, how much i have helped change thier lives.

Best job ever! It helps i have a great team and TD.

All the best to those waiting for an interview, if you are still thinking about taking the plunge, go to an opps event. Ask as many questions as you need to. But dont discount yourself xx

Hi all, I am very interested in becoming a consultant and am going to an ops event in October. I have seen people mentioning fast tracking their groups...please could you let me know what this is? I currently work part time, 15 hours a week and would eventually like to give that up and have a few groups. How much on average would you earn for a group? I know that it depends on how many members attend and you earn a % of the takings. Thank you very much, I can't wait for the ops event! X

Hi guys I am the one who started this thread many moons ago! I went on to be a consultant but it wasn't for me. I was in a bad place when I did it I was very slim through slimmin world and stress due to a cheating partner as well as my sisters partner having a motor bike accident leaving him brain damaged and my mum being diagnosed with multiple syrosis. Training to be a consultant gave me something positive to focus on. On my launch night on new years eve my partner cheated on me. Since then I met someone new and I wanted to spend all my time with the new man and slimming world took up a lot of my time as a lot of you know. So I gave it up. Since then I've had a baby who is now 11 weeks old and were due to be married in January. I have also rejoined slimming world as a member to lose weight for the wedding. I got happy and content. Then I got fat lol. Being off on maternity leave I do sometimes think I wish I still worked for slimming world. I can't read through 151 pages so can anyone give me an update? Did any of u go for it? Did it work out or did u quit like me? Lol. Looking forward to hearing from u x

Hi Rosie, I read through this whole thing when i was first asked to become a consultant, and i have to say it was one of the most annoying -pleasing - informative - confusing - amazing threads i have ever read :) (thank you) I went on to become a Consultant i now have two groups, both just jogging along which is down to me and the way i promote both of my groups i do intend to one day go the whole hog and quit my full time job and go full time SW but that's a pipe dream.
i have made many friends reading this and participating in it and i have to say when i got to the page where you said you had quit i was gutted :( it rotten when life gets in the way but i'm glad you now seem to be through those troubled times, congrats on the baby :) and thanks once again for starting this whole thing off.
Matt Slimming World Worcesterme online.jpg
this is online on the SW pages

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

hi Rosie,
good to hear from you again - I still follow this thread with interest.
We were on the same training I recall, I lasted around 16 months as consultant - my groups went well, both good C cat groups but working full time and the constant pushing from SW didn't go well together, so I quit.
I don't miss it all all - I have my life back now, SW does become your whole world, no matter how hard you try to switch off.
I loved it, especially seeing the successes, but it's very hard and very full on.

So pleased things have worked out for you hun. X

I have pretraining this Saturday & then training days 1,2 &3 on the 10th, 11th & 12th oct. I am relaunching a group though so I think the dates are slightly different.

well done to all the new consultants, I can't wait, exciting & tiring times ahead x

Kings0409 I also have training 10th,11th,12th October also relaunching a group, I guess I will see u at head office!

I'll be there too - relaunching in Birmingham on 3 November. Look forward to meeting you both! :)

Also, I've been looking on our world & how exactly does the stock bit work?

Do you pay for stock & can you return them if you don't sell?
& do you pay for new members packs? I know you can pay for replacements but surely it would make sense to just order them through stock? no

For those who have been through interviews already, was just wondering if you took along any 'props' like photos of yourself along the way on your 'journey'?

Was thinking of taking along some photos to illustrate how I have the qualities they say a consultant needs in the opportunity event (i.e. Big heart, caring nature, drive to succeed, desire to help people lose weight etc) but didn't want to seem over the top.

For those who have been through interviews already, was just wondering if you took along any 'props' like photos of yourself along the way on your 'journey'?

Was thinking of taking along some photos to illustrate how I have the qualities they say a consultant needs in the opportunity event (i.e. Big heart, caring nature, drive to succeed, desire to help people lose weight etc) but didn't want to seem over the top.

I was asked to take a before and after picture with me to interview, just be yourself, good luck! X

Also, I've been looking on our world & how exactly does the stock bit work?

Do you pay for stock & can you return them if you don't sell?
& do you pay for new members packs? I know you can pay for replacements but surely it would make sense to just order them through stock? no

Stock items such as hifi bars are all charged as used, so sale or return basically. New member packs come off your stock as used, they show as worth £10 each on your stock levels but come up as no charge when issued to new members. Books you pay for as ordered but can use the deferred direct debit so have fe weeks to get money in before you pay for them. Hope that makes sense x

Back