A diary of a slimming world consultant

The sp bit is about the new plan. I'm not sure what theyve got that on the diplomas before we've even been trained on it! A bit unfair.
Yep you need a food diary
X

Oh if you are worried then I would just get a train. Don't stress yourself out x

thanks Rochelle. One minute would rather drive cos of all we have to take with us and then got transport up there next minute I think I can't drive that far which it totally stupid cos I know I could but just scared. Nothing else about the job worries me. Glad they changed it to 2 three days not 3 two days lol! I have contacted one of our lot by Twitter and asked two more to follow me so we can arrange a meet up but not heard from them. Hard to suggest a time but shall we all wait near entrance to lunch or reception at HO say on the Saturday as we are all staying different places? Any other suggestions? Asked in thread about how to arrange and was told as long as don't give out websites or phone numbers it's fine. I looked for Twitter under people's names.

Getting close now! Went to my second group to see tonight. Been sticking labels on extra yes you can and family leaflets ready for promotions. Don't know how the full timers managed. So glad I left my last job first, loving it so far.

thanks Rochelle. One minute would rather drive cos of all we have to take with us and then got transport up there next minute I think I can't drive that far which it totally stupid cos I know I could but just scared. Nothing else about the job worries me. Glad they changed it to 2 three days not 3 two days lol! I have contacted one of our lot by Twitter and asked two more to follow me so we can arrange a meet up but not heard from them. Hard to suggest a time but shall we all wait near entrance to lunch or reception at HO say on the Saturday as we are all staying different places? Any other suggestions? Asked in thread about how to arrange and was told as long as don't give out websites or phone numbers it's fine. I looked for Twitter under people's names. Getting close now! Went to my second group to see tonight. Been sticking labels on extra yes you can and family leaflets ready for promotions. Don't know how the full timers managed. So glad I left my last job first, loving it so far.

Thanks guys, district manager confirmed the SP refers to a new plan, I'm so relieved, I thought it was something I've missed all this time and was panicking that I was going in completely clueless all this time!

How long would it take you to drive DancingSan? I know how you feel with the driving worries, it's such a busy motorway, but like you said were gunna have tons to take with us and bring back (I've now spotted the checklist, the one we got in pre training)

I'm happy to meet any day or time, be nice to put proper faces to names!
I definitely wish I had more time at the moment so you must be so relieved that you gave up your full time job. You're so brave!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, district manager confirmed the SP refers to a new plan, I'm so relieved, I thought it was something I've missed all this time and was panicking that I was going in completely clueless all this time!

How long would it take you to drive DancingSan? I know how you feel with the driving worries, it's such a busy motorway, but like you said were gunna have tons to take with us and bring back (I've now spotted the checklist, the one we got in pre training)

I'm happy to meet any day or time, be nice to put proper faces to names!
I definitely wish I had more time at the moment so you must be so relieved that you gave up your full time job. You're so brave!

hi it's 2.5 hours M40, A40, M1. Been driving 36 years and only done motorways a few times and only twice on my own 30 mins max. But I have all day Thursday so could stop a few times if I need to.

I mi only gave up a part time job as I had been there 6 years and was having a tough time. Our consultant left and it seemed the right time for me to have a go.

The sp bit is about the new plan. I'm not sure what theyve got that on the diplomas before we've even been trained on it! A bit unfair.
Yep you need a food diary
X

Oh if you are worried then I would just get a train. Don't stress yourself out x

Hi

I made it - I drove up and am shattered concentrating so long! Journey not too bad but made do much easier by a little voice on phone sat nab telling me where to go.

If anyone interested in meeting up over weekend let me know on here or if we have found each other in other ways. Xx

How lovely to meet you all. It's been a fab weekend! Can't wait until January :) was amazing how it didn't matter if I was sat on my own, there was always somebody who would come and sit, and everyone smiles and says hello, it was like being in a different world!!

james - I didn't spot you but Andrew who is from my district team was mentioning a James on the way home was that you? The James I saw him speaking to had blonde hair and glasses, am I on the right person here ?

There was so many of us it was hard to pick people out lol I wouldn't have recognised you Sandra if you hadn't came upto me!! I'm still buzzing from it all, can't sleep! Xxx

How lovely to meet you all. It's been a fab weekend! Can't wait until January :) was amazing how it didn't matter if I was sat on my own, there was always somebody who would come and sit, and everyone smiles and says hello, it was like being in a different world!!

james - I didn't spot you but Andrew who is from my district team was mentioning a James on the way home was that you? The James I saw him speaking to had blonde hair and glasses, am I on the right person here ?

There was so many of us it was hard to pick people out lol I wouldn't have recognised you Sandra if you hadn't came upto me!! I'm still buzzing from it all, can't sleep! Xxx

That was indeed me Rochelle- shame we didn't get to meet but there is always February!

Lovely to see you Sandra, hope you got home ok too!

Bring it on- so much to do in the next two weeks!!

That was indeed me Rochelle- shame we didn't get to meet but there is always February!

Lovely to meet most of those on here recently. Got home safely after quite a long delay between two junctions on M1 but rest of way quite clear coming home during the day. Glad I didn't try in the dark. Great few days. Got my parcels coming tomorrow so gonna be busy tomorrow. Good luck everyone x

Last edited:

ooh no I go back on the 30th jan. I'm sure we will meet one day :)

Lovely to meet most of those on here recently. Got home safely after quite a long delay between two junctions on M1 but rest of way quite clear coming home during the day. Glad I didn't try in the dark. Great few days. Got my parcels coming tomorrow so gonna be busy tomorrow. Good luck everyone x

Oh did you stay an extra night? We just drove straight home. You are such a lovely lady by the way! Was great to meet you. Got talking to xiana again and she's a lovely girl too. X

ooh no I go back on the 30th jan. I'm sure we will meet one day :)

Oh did you stay an extra night? We just drove straight home. You are such a lovely lady by the way! Was great to meet you. Got talking to xiana again and she's a lovely girl too. X

Hi

Yes I stayed extra night so glad I did. Much better driving in daylight. Thanks for lovely comments. Everyone I have met so far connected with Slimming World have been lovely.

Nearly finished sorting all my boxes in big delivery. Just got to play with laptop etc and practice new member talk plus promotion and I'm there! How are you getting on? X

Hi

Yes I stayed extra night so glad I did. Much better driving in daylight. Thanks for lovely comments. Everyone I have met so far connected with Slimming World have been lovely.

Nearly finished sorting all my boxes in big delivery. Just got to play with laptop etc and practice new member talk plus promotion and I'm there! How are you getting on? X

Not too bad, a lot to think about isn't there?? Just bought extension cable, plastic storage crates, bits of stationary, more tabłe cloths. going to have a good sort out over the weekend. Got my editorial to come, (I know I'm greedy slimming world mag AND local
paper) sorting out my banner next, got one place for a-frame so will need to ask around for more!

Sounds like you are organised! I am worried about keeping up with image therapy but I'm sure we will get better with practice. Haven't tried new member talk at home yet so think my cousin will get a talk tomorrow lol x

Not too bad, a lot to think about isn't there?? Just bought extension cable, plastic storage crates, bits of stationary, more tabłe cloths. going to have a good sort out over the weekend. Got my editorial to come, (I know I'm greedy slimming world mag AND local
paper) sorting out my banner next, got one place for a-frame so will need to ask around for more!

Sounds like you are organised! I am worried about keeping up with image therapy but I'm sure we will get better with practice. Haven't tried new member talk at home yet so think my cousin will get a talk tomorrow lol x

Sounds like you are organised! I am worried about keeping up with image therapy but I'm sure we will get better with practice. Haven't tried new member talk at home yet so think my cousin will get a talk tomorrow lol x[/QUOTE

I didnt say about mag in case you didnt want to mention it on here but I turned the page and thought I know her! I must remember extension cable thanks for that! They are right you do eat sleep live Sw at the moment. I am worried about getting through IT too.

I am sure we will all be fine eventually.

Sounds like you are organised! I am worried about keeping up with image therapy but I'm sure we will get better with practice. Haven't tried new member talk at home yet so think my cousin will get a talk tomorrow lol x[/QUOTE

I didnt say about mag in case you didnt want to mention it on here but I turned the page and thought I know her! I must remember extension cable thanks for that! They are right you do eat sleep live Sw at the moment. I am worried about getting through IT too.

I am sure we will all be fine eventually.

just keep practicing setting kit up, I think I'll be ok but there's always that worry isn't there!
Oh im just over the moon that I've been in the mag, I keep telling everybody!! Going in the major newspaper for the North East next weekend too, it's really surreal!

Looking forward to catching up on here after our groups bet we will have all done just fine x

just keep practicing setting kit up, I think I'll be ok but there's always that worry isn't there!
Oh im just over the moon that I've been in the mag, I keep telling everybody!! Going in the major newspaper for the North East next weekend too, it's really surreal!

Looking forward to catching up on here after our groups bet we will have all done just fine x

Hi again ladies and gents! They aren't kidding when they say the first 4 weeks is madness! Have you all had your first groups now? How did you get on, was really nice to meet you both Sandra and Rochelle! Unfortunate that I couldn't meet the others but I'm sure that we'll all meet at some point! Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2015 too! x

I have read the thread which is very full of useful info :) But what I would like to know is if you are starting a new group, how do you go about getting a function team to help with all the things like pay and weigh, the shop, raffle etc do you just ask for volunteers and then train them ourselves? How do you reward them for helping?
Also when it comes to Greatest looser, woman/man of the year etc do we have to buy the prizes/ how much do you spend on things like this as I presume all these little things come out of our earnings?

Hi again ladies and gents! They aren't kidding when they say the first 4 weeks is madness! Have you all had your first groups now? How did you get on, was really nice to meet you both Sandra and Rochelle! Unfortunate that I couldn't meet the others but I'm sure that we'll all meet at some point! Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2015 too! x

hiya hun just came on to tell you all I had first group on Tuesday, 8 new members (so 17 to get next week eeeeeek) which I think is good going for inbetween xmas and New Years!

All the existing members stayed for image therapy too which was fab!! I just did quick build up and action plan though, as most gained understandably. Bring on next week. When is yours? X

I have read the thread which is very full of useful info :) But what I would like to know is if you are starting a new group, how do you go about getting a function team to help with all the things like pay and weigh, the shop, raffle etc do you just ask for volunteers and then train them ourselves? How do you reward them for helping?
Also when it comes to Greatest looser, woman/man of the year etc do we have to buy the prizes/ how much do you spend on things like this as I presume all these little things come out of our earnings?

You are advised to put 20% back into advertising/promoting which I suppose goes to your awards too, although the prize packs for couple of the year/man of year etc aren't very expensive anyway, with the social team you ask for helpers from your group, then over a couple of weeks hopefully you've hand picked some lovely members from your own group to do the jobs, I'm gonna reward mine with a free mag when it comes out and maybe a little gift at xmas time x

hiya hun just came on to tell you all I had first group on Tuesday, 8 new members (so 17 to get next week eeeeeek) which I think is good going for inbetween xmas and New Years!

All the existing members stayed for image therapy too which was fab!! I just did quick build up and action plan though, as most gained understandably. Bring on next week. When is yours? X

You are advised to put 20% back into advertising/promoting which I suppose goes to your awards too, although the prize packs for couple of the year/man of year etc aren't very expensive anyway, with the social team you ask for helpers from your group, then over a couple of weeks hopefully you've hand picked some lovely members from your own group to do the jobs, I'm gonna reward mine with a free mag when it comes out and maybe a little gift at xmas time x

its my first night tonight! I didn't know before but the raffle pays for prizes etc not the consultant as long as members agree. Can't help about new group as I am relaunching but like Rochelle says maybe give free mag, pressie at Christmas and lots of praise and thanks.

Having a a wobble about tonight but know I can do it! Will let you know tomorrow x

its my first night tonight! I didn't know before but the raffle pays for prizes etc not the consultant as long as members agree. Can't help about new group as I am relaunching but like Rochelle says maybe give free mag, pressie at Christmas and lots of praise and thanks.

Having a a wobble about tonight but know I can do it! Will let you know tomorrow x

I survived and did have to borrow chairs! What a whirlwind. :)

Back