A Diet Coke Addict's Diary

Hannahkw1

Silver Member
I write this with a cold can of diet coke beside me....

A few years ago I lost quite a bit of weight with Slimming World, religously went to classes, lost and lost and lost, ran and ran and ran and I coped with it all fine. I substituted naughty food for diet coke. Fast forward to where I am now and the diet coke addiction is still here but I no longer use it as a substitute, it is an accompaniment!!!

I have just eaten a Batchelors BBQ deli noodle pot and it was pretty gross actually but 1.5 syns, was the best thing I could do before my sewing class!

Not sure what Ill have when I get home and lets be honest im going to end up doing the "ill start the diet tomorrow" :airquote: thing and have chocolate spread on toast or garlic bread or something....oooh better eat that syrup spong microwavable pud too! ;)

Well today I had no breakfast bad start, lunch pasta n sauce macoroni cheese (1 syn) 2 plums and grapes. Got home and had 3 slices white bread with choc spread....oops?! And dinner chicken noodles and sweet and sour sauce!

18 syns maybe for choc spread, 18 bread? Think sweet and sour thing 3.75 syns...grand total 39.75 syns lol great start eh?!

Last edited:
Been better today! Need more veg in evening meal tonight as I have been light on superfree!

Breakfast - 1 bite of weetabix and skimmed milk, until it was spat out as was out of date....
Breakfast 2 - 2 x alpen light bars (hxB)
Lunch - Batchelors pasta n sauce tomato and herb, 1 plum
5 o'clock snack - WW tomato 295g can soup (3.5 syns)
Dinner - will be rice with egg and bacon (just the meaty bit) soy sauce and peas....broccoli and something else superfree?? Maybe Ill have to grab some more fruit!!

3.5 syns in total YAY!

dinner was rice egg bacon peas broccoli and soy sauce! Have a clementine and banana in case I get peckish!!

Last edited:
Um difficult thanks but I knew it would be tough kick starting it again! For me I am just pleased that my diet is better than it was!!!

Going out drinking today, so will be over syns on that but so long as the food stays fairly good ill be pleased!!

B - 2 x alpen lights (hxB)
L - Pasta n sauce, 1 banana
S - curly wurly (6 syns)

So 6 syns in total so far and I have a clementine and a plum with me!

How it going for you Jade?

Well i know the plan inside out its just sticking to it again after so long of not caring and eating whatever!! It will be a gradual process but I think I am getting better! Last night I went out and ate a few nibbles and a swartz burger and chips and quite a few drinks. But when I woke up this morning I didnt continue that sort of eating which I normally would!

B- 30g crunchy nut cornflakes with 70ml skimmed milk (5.5 syns + hxA)
L- Pasta n sauce macaroni cheese (1 syn + rest of hxA) with ham
D- WW hearty vegetable soup (hxB) with 2 x nimble white bread (6 syns)

Total 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Sunday 24 March 2013

B- 2 slices of nimble white bread (hxB) with bacon (6 syns for fat) and 2 eggs
L- 2 egg omelette with ham and 28g cheese (hxA) and activia 0% yoghurt
D- beef with red wine sauce (3 syns) with roast potatoes, carrots, honey parsnips (2.5 syns), stuffing (4 syns), onion gravy (3 syns)
S- Ice cream oops....not many teaspoons (10 syns?! best to overestimate!)

Total syns - 28.5 syns

I think I lost 4lbs, little unsure about my starting weight but we will go with 14 stone 11 lbs! So yay! :D

Weight: 14 stone 7 lbs

Last edited:
Monday 25th March 2013

B- 2 x alpen lights (hxB)
L- left over roast syns already accounted for yesterday
S- skips (4 syns), flump x2 (3 syns), refresher (4 syns)
D- beef stirfry, fry light, mixed pepper stir fry pack veg, extra bean sprouts, noodles, chow mein blue dragon sauce (2.5 syns as between 2 of us)

Total syns - 13.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 26th March 2013

B- 2 x alpen light, banana
S- chocolate cake?? thanks to the boss.... (small slice?! 10 syns?!)
L- pasta n sauce tomato and herb, pineapple
D-

Lets not talk about last week.....

I booked a holiday for September yay so I actually have a target date!!

Monday 8th April 2013

B-blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, strawberries and yogurt
S-3 x wholegrain crackerbread with marmite (1/2 hxB)
L-jacket potato, cheese (hxA) and beans
S-3 x wholegrain crackerbread with marmite (1/2 hxB)
D-chicken stirfry (2.5 syn blue dragon chow mein sauce) stir fry veg and noodles
S-2x alpen lights (6 syns) sugar free jelly (0.5 syns)

Total syns - 9

Last edited:
Forget about last week hun, draw a line under it and get straight back on plan. You will feel better for it! Your food is looking good today x

Thanks!! That's exactly what I have done!! :)

Tuesday 9th April 2013

B-blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and raspberries with yogurt
L-pasta n sauce
S-grapes
D-chicken katsu curry (hxB + 3 syns)
S-sugar free jelly pot (0.5 syns), curly wurly (6 syns)

Total syns - 9.5

Forgot about the exercise yesterday! I did 10 mins cross trainer, 10 mins rower, 15 mins bike and walked to work (40 min walk downhill).
Today I walked to work again (40 mins downhill) and walked home (50 mins all uphill - steep hill too!!!).

Wednesday 10th April 2013

B-strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and raspberries with yoghurt
L-jacket potato cheese and beans
D-macoroni cheese (slimming world recipe) probs overdid it with the cheese!!!

Thursday 11th April 2013

B-strawberries, blackberries, kiwi and raspberries with yogurt
L-pasta n sauce
D-2 x wholemeal bread (hxB), scrambled eggs (dash of milk hxA)

Friday 12th April 2013

B-nothing
L-jacket potato with cheese and beans
D-steak with sweet potato mash (milk and butter only a tad), carrots and parsnips (drizzle of honey)

Saturday 13th April 2013

B-wholemeal bread (hxB) scrambled egg
L-dont know how many pieces of wholemeal bread but at least it was from a 400g loaf
D-nothing

Rubbish day!!

Sunday 14th April 2013

B-pineapple, grape and apple pot
L-roast beef, stuffing, yorkshire pudding, onion and red wine gravy and carrots and parsnips
D-marmite sandwich using wholemeal bread (hxB)

Not a great weekend, but a great week!

Lost 5.5lbs in total YAY!!!!!! :D

Back