a few dukan questions

Kayla's mum

ok here goes

I bought total 0% fat greek yoghurt, i planned to put in a couple of teaspoons of splenda and a few drops of vanilla extract in to make it "eatable" and put in my oat bran in. is it ok to eat a big bowl of this if i want to ?

can i have 2 cups of coffee a day with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of splenda ?

tonight i planned to have lean chicken and beef strips marinaded in soy sauce. is soy sauce ok to have ?

can i have 2 boiled eggs a day or would it be better to have only 1 ?

does ham have to be the proper off the bone stuff or can it be the reformed low fat ham slices that is in the packets ?

i have give up fizzy pop ( big deal for me ) i am now on the tescos flavoured water. is it ok to have the them ? they are with a hint of fruit/green tea, 1cal and nothing else in them.

whats a galette and how do i make it ( is it ok on attack)

sorry to be a pain but i go away in 4 weeks and must get this week right as im fed up of stalling
thanks girls/boys

Last edited:
Kayla - do you have the book? I don't think anyone would here would seriously contemplate launching into attack without having read the basics.

Kayla - do you have the book? I don't think anyone would here would seriously contemplate launching into attack without having read the basics.

i ordered this one on thursday but have read up on the internet about attack

The Dukan Diet: Amazon.co.uk: Dr Pierre Dukan: Books

i understand but its vague on certain things like yoghurt and eggs. they say certain things are ok but them people sometimes find that they stall on certain approved foods.
wasn't sure about splenda because it says stavia ( i cant get stavia) so is it ok to replace with splenda?

I'd wait until you get the book and have had a chance to read it before going into attack. It's so easy to get some little details wrong, and it would be heartbreaking to put so much effort in, and still lose weight.

And to answer your questions

>I bought total 0% fat greek yoghurt, i planned to put in a couple of teaspoons of splenda and a few drops of vanilla extract in to make it "eatable" and put in my oat bran in. is it ok to eat a big bowl of this if i want to ?

Yes. You can eat as much of this as you like in Attack, but diary is limited to 1litre a day in Cruise, of which only 150 mls should be milk.

> can i have 2 cups of coffee a day with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of splenda ?

Black coffee is unlimited at all stages of the diet. See above for the limit on skimmed milk.

> tonight i planned to have lean chicken and beef strips marinaded in soy sauce. is soy sauce ok to have ?

It's a tolerated item in Cruise (see book for explanation) and not suitable for Attack.

> can i have 2 boiled eggs a day or would it be better to have only 1 ?

Opinion on this varies - but if you have no problems with high colesterol, two eggs a day should not be a problem.

> does ham have to be the proper off the bone stuff or can it be the reformed low fat ham slices that is in the packets ?

Many veteran dukaneers avoid ham - its is salty and causes fluid retention. If you do eat ham, limit the quantity, avoid sweet cures (eg honey baked, orange etc), breading, etc, and look for the lowest percentage of fat you can. Some so called "low fat" hams are still 10% fat!

> i have give up fizzy pop ( big deal for me ) i am now on the tescos flavoured water. is it ok to have the them ? they are with a hint of fruit/green tea, 1cal and nothing else in them.

Dukan allows fizzy drinks as long as they are 1 cal or less - this includes diet coke. (For more details, see book)

> whats a galette and how do i make it ( is it ok on attack)

It's another way of preparing your 2tblsp a day of oat bran, in the form of a pancake, and, yes, can be eaten in attack. There is a recipe in the book, and tips on cooking

> i go away in 4 weeks and must get this week right as im fed up of stalling

The Dukan diet requires a much longer commitment than 4 weeks - for every pound you lose in cruise you have to spend 5 days in consolidation, which is almost as restrictive as cruise - you will need to keep the diet up while you are away, or risk gaining all the weight back again.

And to answer your questions

>I bought total 0% fat greek yoghurt, i planned to put in a couple of teaspoons of splenda and a few drops of vanilla extract in to make it "eatable" and put in my oat bran in. is it ok to eat a big bowl of this if i want to ?

Yes. You can eat as much of this as you like in Attack, but diary is limited to 1litre a day in Cruise, of which only 150 mls should be milk.

> can i have 2 cups of coffee a day with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of splenda ?

Black coffee is unlimited at all stages of the diet. See above for the limit on skimmed milk.

> tonight i planned to have lean chicken and beef strips marinaded in soy sauce. is soy sauce ok to have ?

It's a tolerated item in Cruise (see book for explanation) and not suitable for Attack.

> can i have 2 boiled eggs a day or would it be better to have only 1 ?

Opinion on this varies - but if you have no problems with high colesterol, two eggs a day should not be a problem.

> does ham have to be the proper off the bone stuff or can it be the reformed low fat ham slices that is in the packets ?

Many veteran dukaneers avoid ham - its is salty and causes fluid retention. If you do eat ham, limit the quantity, avoid sweet cures (eg honey baked, orange etc), breading, etc, and look for the lowest percentage of fat you can. Some so called "low fat" hams are still 10% fat!

> i have give up fizzy pop ( big deal for me ) i am now on the tescos flavoured water. is it ok to have the them ? they are with a hint of fruit/green tea, 1cal and nothing else in them.

Dukan allows fizzy drinks as long as they are 1 cal or less - this includes diet coke. (For more details, see book)

> whats a galette and how do i make it ( is it ok on attack)

It's another way of preparing your 2tblsp a day of oat bran, in the form of a pancake, and, yes, can be eaten in attack. There is a recipe in the book, and tips on cooking

> i go away in 4 weeks and must get this week right as im fed up of stalling

The Dukan diet requires a much longer commitment than 4 weeks - for every pound you lose in cruise you have to spend 5 days in consolidation, which is almost as restrictive as cruise - you will need to keep the diet up while you are away, or risk gaining all the weight back again.

thanks for answering. no its not just for 4 weeks.i've been slimming since xmas and hit a wall about 3 weeks ago. i've done ww, 1200 cals a day and atkins but they only seem to work for a few weeks and then i stop losing. i perservered with atkins for 3 weeks after my stall but nothing happened. i went back to low cal for a week in the hope i can kickstart the weightloss again. i read up on dukan and ordered the book on thurs ( hope it arrives today) my real goal weight is 8st- 9st, i'm just hoping to get close to 11st before my hols as its a weight where i don't feel like everybodies looking at me.

i hope to do attack till sunday then gradually reintroduce veggies/salad etc

im starting day 3 today

i hope to do attack till sunday then gradually reintroduce veggies/salad etc

im starting day 3 today

Looking at your stats I can't see there is any reason to do more than 3 days of Attack - so you can start introducing vegetables from the Dukan list from tomorrow onwards.

Did you get an ideal weight and timetable from the Dukan website? It's free, and astonishingly accurate.

Looking at your stats I can't see there is any reason to do more than 3 days of Attack - so you can start introducing vegetables from the Dukan list from tomorrow onwards.

Did you get an ideal weight and timetable from the Dukan website? It's free, and astonishingly accurate.

no, i will go and have a look now. thankyou.

says my true weight is 10st and i should do 4 days attack, 92 cruise and 132 on consolidation

Last edited:
So you can start introducing vegetable on Thursday

And nothing gradual about it - eat unlimited quantities of the vegetables named on the dukan list* (which is in the book). Just make sure you add some protein to every meal (even if it's just stirring quark into a fresh veg soup).

*No potatoes, no sweetpotatoes, no peas, no sweetcorn, no broad beans, no soya beans.

Back