A few questions.........5 actually!

I was just hoping for some advice on the following -

If one squirt of frylight is free if I made syn free chips on a green day with around 20 squirts is that still free?

I'm thinking about buying some of the SW books - Green recipes, Original recipes and the free branded foods books? Any thoughts - are they any use?

Does anyone know of a syn free curry sauce I can buy from the shops?

I love fresh fruit and have managed around half a pound of grapes and two oranges in each sitting. Can I really loose weight when I'm stuffing my face?

How much water is everyone else drinking - I did LL and managed the 4 litres but I'm nowhere close on SW - about 1.5 litres!

Anyway...any answers would be really useful.

LL

Hey PB! I have no idea I'm afraid, I'm sure one of the lurvvly ladies will be along soon to advise. I hope so cos I'd like to know the answers too:0). How long have you been on SW plan? Vx

If one squirt of frylight is free if I made syn free chips on a green day with around 20 squirts is that still free? yes, i use about 50-60 squirts:D

I'm thinking about buying some of the SW books - Green recipes, Original recipes and the free branded foods books? Any thoughts - are they any use? Yeah they are helpful- If you do get them just make sure you get the right up to date ones as syn values have changed throughout the years (PLEASE DONT GET FRM ebay)

Does anyone know of a syn free curry sauce I can buy from the shops? I ask mother when she comes home.

I love fresh fruit and have managed around half a pound of grapes and two oranges in each sitting. Can I really loose weight when I'm stuffing my face? YESSSSSSSSSS- I hate fruit- so i dont stuff myself with fruit- but i have about 5 BIG potatoes too myself when i do syn free chips and a tin of beans too myself. I eat tons- It really does piss off the others on diets at work with their salads..:D

How much water is everyone else drinking - I did LL and managed the 4 litres but I'm nowhere close on SW - about 1.5 litres! I only drink about 2 litres of water- I should drink more but just cant- I'll try more! They do say on green days you need to drink regulary

Hope i helped hun!

Sejay - Thanks for that - I was getting RSI from the amount of frylight i was trying to get on my chips - they were fab tho!

Vicky - I've only been on the diet since the 19th of November - I lost 3 pounds in my first week but from experience, I usually have a loss in week one and three. I rarely lose in week 2. How's your first few days been?

I was wondering in general how long it takes to lose say...three stone on SW? I see a lot of tickers but would really like to know how long it took some minimins to lose their weight?

LL

Oooh I'm planning on trying the chips tomorrow! I can't wait!

I started weeks ago but only ever managed one day! Pathetic isn't it! BUT I have managed 100% on plan yesterday and today which is a mahooosive achievement for me! am soo hoping that I can stick to it until chrimbo - want to lose 7lbs before then.

Congratulations on your losses! My SIL lost 3 stone in 3 months on SW but I'm not sure she ate v much and I know she never had any syns - not much fun eh?! I'm going to lose 4 stone and hope to have 3/4 of it off by May. Is this your first time on SW? Have you tried other diets?

Vx

The chips are nice - the good thing is that I could eat an entire platefull and know that I was doing it all in the name of weightloss.

I've tries various diets and have not really got on well with them, this year alone I've tried Lighter Life twice and I've joined WW and SW since September. I hated LL, not eating was just soo un-natural, although the weightloss was great.

I think SW is the one for me - some days I follow it 100% and other days I may have over 10 syns more than the 15 allowed! But I'm not that worried about it, as long as I'm not gaining weight! I refuse to starve this time.

Have you got a big event in May or is it just a random date? Have you tried other diets?

LL

I know what you mean - i've tried the majority, just switched from Cambridge as it's impossible for me to fit into my social life LOL!!

It's my birthday in May, it's the only thing in the diary to aim for at the mo - I don't want to look myself in the mirror on my birthday and say "next year I'll be thin" ever again! I want to stand in front of the mirror on my birthday and beam with pride! fingers crossed!!

Am loving SW at the moment, in fact after cambridge I am learning to eat healthily again! Cambridge is good for losses but trouble is i'm too weak! I give in and put the lot and more on!

I understand where you're coming from - I did LL in Feb for three weeks, the loss was great but my entire success relied on not eating half an ounce of anything!

I love SW. I don't think I'll ever stick to anythin 100% but I've lost 3lbd and probably another 4lbs this week. On LL my loss would have been the same but I'd've felt su hungry and grumpy. I'm thinking that SW gives me a way of life that allows me the odd eve in the Gin and the odd bad moment but not to the point that I'd consider myself a fai;iure if I did indulge once in a while!

I turned 30 this year and I swaer that I will not reach another birthday as a chubbster!

We seem to have similar goals and this forum is quite empty - if all else fails maybe we could supprot each other? Under 14 sytone would be a great target for me.

LL

Snap! We are like two peas in a pod hun! How spooky. I turned 30 this year and swore to myself that I wouldn't turn 30 and still be heavier than I wanted to be, especially as I got married this year too, but in the end I ended up putting more on (long story but basically the in laws were hellish and stressed and when I'm stressed I eat) I'm hoping to be under 14 stone by Xmas.....9lbs to go.

I agree it is quiet in here, and I know I'd love the support! I'm used to all active threads in the Cambridge side...I used to go on there to read and post to take my mind off the hunger! LOL

Back