a few questions

bb12

hello

ive just started slim and save today after being on exante for 8 days,i hated everything except the porridge.so after trying a few of s&s shakes here i am

ive had my 3 shakes today and i was thinking of having my tesco ultra slim bar before bed

if you only have the 3 products a day is it really ok to have chicken and veg?

ive ordered 82 shakes and the chilli and spaghetti meals and although they sound lovely and you get to have veg aswell im worried that my weight loss will slow right down or ill get knocked out of ketosis

im very new to vlcd so would just like some advice from people that really know what they are doing

If you have three packs a day, the advice is to have the 100g protein in order to put the cals up to the same amount. I think when our cals are this low, having just three packs and nothing else may in fact hinder weightloss rather than help as the body goes into 'starvation' mode. As I understand it, the veg is optional but I find having it helps in my weightloss and helps me feel more normal and hopefully will aid the transition back to real life!

The nutritional content of the meals is pretty much exactly the same as the shakes- you are taking in the same nutrient, protein etc but in a different form! In fact some of the shakes are higher cal than the meals.

Experiment. Try 3 packs a day with the protein, try 4 a day. Try either way with veg! Some days I have the veg with the protein as a meal, today I had 100g chicken with the salad veg on the list for lunch. Some days I have 4 packs and the veg cooked- broccoli or cabbage- with one of the meals. Some days I have 4 packs and have a bag of 200g of celery to snack on! See what works.

Should add, only been on S&S for 6 weeks and not an expert- all my opinion!

thanks i just had my 3 shakes 1 bar today

tomorrow ill have my shakes then at night i might try some chicken and veg,or ill have the chilli with some veg

in 6 weeks you have had great weight loss

Ive just started my 6th week and mby no means an expert! but having started off on Lipotrim, consuming around 420cals a day to them going on slim and save and having around 550cals. I was concerned about the exact same thing as yourself but in my experience, the transition over has been a positive one! I have lost half a stone in 2weeks and im eating loads more than i was, im never hungry and do not feel deprived at all! i dont feel that i want to cheat, i just dont see the point in cheating! Slim and Save is a brilliant vlcd, the easiest one ive ever done! good luck :)

thanks i have to say the shakes are soo nice its hard to believe they are vlc and i really like the thought of being able to sit down with my family and have a little meal sometimes aswell

I love having the option of having a 'proper' meal with the family. Sometimes though I just prefer a shake or a bar as a fourth item. The key for me is to stay flexible. Take it day by day and respect that what it boils down to is choice - I can have that additional tasty bar or I can have the meal but I am not reverting back to the bad old days of stuff it and just eat everything!

Back