A game that i'll win! My journey.

WoofWoof said:
guy's this has been a totally crazy week!!
mad bouts of scale hopping( upsetting the scale Gods!) and water being absorbed through the skin adding weight(knew I should'nt have stood out in all that pesky rain)lol:rolleyes:
Gotta say that roulade looks really great!!
I don't particularly have a sweet tooth,but fancy I slice of that-think my significant other does too)Is the recipie on the SW website,or on here?
Emmey,your presentation skills can't be that bad:)
Hope your moods improved,so I'm sending some vibes to help:vibes:appease the 'scale Gods'

And I also will not shower before weighing in just in case. I weigh myself, Saturday morning, naked, in my bathroom, no liquids or food consumed and a little toilet break before.
The scale gods can do one in my opinion. I dont let it run my thoughts or feelings - I just love a little hop on and off :D
It's my way and I am sticking to it! X

MinkyDinky said:
And devour to your hearts content! Nom nom nom! So lush! I may need your sticky chicken recipe too - sounds delish.
Can pm me if you don't want another recipe on your thread :) x x

Happy to share such a simple yet lovely recipe, sticky caramelised goodness!

Serves: 4
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
EE:2 RED:2 GREEN:5*
(*Add 6 Syns per serving if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra)

ingredients
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
680g chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

method
1. Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly, and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.

2. Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on a high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.

3. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately on a bed of crispy salad.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MinkyDinky said:
And I also will not shower before weighing in just in case. I weigh myself, Saturday morning, naked, in my bathroom, no liquids or food consumed and a little toilet break before.
The scale gods can do one in my opinion. I dont let it run my thoughts or feelings - I just love a little hop on and off :D
It's my way and I am sticking to it! X

I wouldn't mind the scale gods so much if my little hop on and off didn't turn from a 4gain one day to a 2loss the next! Scale gods are playing with me! lol

Feeling really full and bloated the last few days, WI has come around quickly this week! It's only tomorrow! Can't stay for group unfortunately so I'll just weigh and leave, going round to the future Inlaws for a birthday meal, luckily it's SW friendly Spanish chicken and I'm providing the roulad pudding (of course!) so I'll be making that tonight

I've been 100% this week, even with my Chinese take away chow mein and my syns have been mostly below 10 and I've been eating a lot of speed food as I feel bad for not getting in any exercise this week so I'm hoping for a minimum 2 off tomorrow!

Friday night I'm out clubbing, I haven't had any alcohol since I started this diet and it's likely to be a heavy drinking session so syns low this week and will use a flexi syn day Friday and get in some exercise over the weekend (hopefully not with a hangover)

That's the plan!

Hi emmey
How you doing, hope your feeling ok an back in the zone, it's such a pain when our minds go all negative on us :-( know where you coming from Hun I've been the same sun an mon just feeling back in the zone this morning bring on a good day :)

Loving your pud from last nite think I'll give that a go cause puddings are my favourite an they are all so high syns be great have one that's low and yummy, thanks for sharing :) x enjoy your day

Just dropping in to say Hi!

have been AWOL for a few weeks, I wont bore you with the details but am back with a vengance and a new sense of motivation.

Sounds like you have been doing soooo well still, continuing with your great losses and I shall be back to check in now im back. :)
xx

lynica said:
Hi emmey
How you doing, hope your feeling ok an back in the zone, it's such a pain when our minds go all negative on us :-( know where you coming from Hun I've been the same sun an mon just feeling back in the zone this morning bring on a good day :)

Loving your pud from last nite think I'll give that a go cause puddings are my favourite an they are all so high syns be great have one that's low and yummy, thanks for sharing :) x enjoy your day

Hello you :) I'm doing good thanks, food is always 100% but sometimes I can struggle falling out of the zone but think I'm back in now, although WI is tomorrow so ask me again then lol

That pudding taste really weird! In a very good way, I can't actually eat it and not feel guilty about eating this huge fatty cake! Because it tastes just like a proper cake lol

Glad your back in the zone too! We can do it! :)

jo-85 said:
Just dropping in to say Hi!

have been AWOL for a few weeks, I wont bore you with the details but am back with a vengance and a new sense of motivation.

Sounds like you have been doing soooo well still, continuing with your great losses and I shall be back to check in now im back. :)
xx

Wooohooo welcome back! Glad you bring some motivation with you and yes you should stick around! :)

Tonight I had the chicken tika masala from the SW website and it was Devine! Yummy! Then I baked two, YES TWO! Swiss roll cake things, a piece for me and other half tonight and then taking the rest for tea tomorrow at the future Inlaws... It was even more gorgeous than last nights piece! Went down a storm with the SW
girls at work too! :)

I have officially got the other half to take the battery OUT the scales and only put it in when he wants to use them! I can NOT weigh anytime but in WI now!

***shiver shiver shake shake**

Will update at 5.30pm after WI tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Emmey1 said:
Tonight I had the chicken tika masala from the SW website and it was Devine! Yummy! Then I baked two, YES TWO! Swiss roll cake things, a piece for me and other half tonight and then taking the rest for tea tomorrow at the future Inlaws... It was even more gorgeous than last nights piece! Went down a storm with the SW

I have officially got the other half to take the battery OUT the scales and only put it in when he wants to use them! I can NOT weigh anytime but in WI now!

Was reading back through your diary earlier and saw the recipe for the Swiss rollly thing looks gourgeous.

Good luck for WI tomorrow and enjoy your dinner with the future in-laws x

jo-85 said:
Was reading back through your diary earlier and saw the recipe for the Swiss rollly thing looks gourgeous.

Good luck for WI tomorrow and enjoy your dinner with the future in-laws x

Oh I highly recommend the roll! I'm a big cake lover and tried a lot of diet cakes but nothing compares to this :)

I'm so going to make this at the weekend when I go meet friends :) x

Cai said:
I'm so going to make this at the weekend when I go meet friends :) x

Good plan! It's highly gorgeous!

I can feel those scale withdrawal symptoms from here in sunny staffordshire:)I knew your other half would come in usefull,we often do:rolleyes:
Thanks for printing the roulade recipie,I detected a lot of drooling from over there:drool:,I'm going to give it a go this weekend:)and hopefully score some brownie points.
MinkyDinky,I tried weighing in naked but I now have my dog in therapy-very expensive,lol:faint2:

WoofWoof said:
I can feel those scale withdrawals from here in sunny staffordshire:)I knew your other half would come in usefull,we often do:rolleyes:
Thanks for printing the roulade recipie,I detected a lot of drooling from over there:drool:,I'm going to give it a go this weekend:)and hopefully score some brownie points.
MinkyDinky,I tried weighing in naked but I now have my dog in therapy-very expensive,lol:faint2:

Lol! Poor Bertie :)
Yeah I think I'm going to end up going through a stage of scale withdrawal - get the shakes, start sweating, abusing those close to me, buying and weighing in the back ally's of the west midlands.... Muahaha!

Val72 said:
Hi Emmey

That pudding sounds divine - just 1 question, how much is in a pot of quark? - sounds a silly question, but i have to replicate it using watered down low fat riccotta.

Hope you are having a good day

xxx

Yep minkydinky is right, usually 2-250 generally you could use as much as you wanted for the filling bit stick to the measures amount for the sponge :) enjoy!

Back