A Graceful Descent

so I finally admitted defeat after yet another sleepless night barking like a seal and went to the doctors - by the time I'd finished another coughing fit she had already written the antibiotics prescription. I asked her if she wanted to listen to my chest and she told me its fine she really didn't need to and would much rather I left asap before she caught it from me lol So antibiotics it is then :)

I'm still kind of ditzy at the moment so I apologise for not updating on everyone else's diaries for a while - I have been reading the updates on them though and will get back to offering you all support in the near future hopefully!

In the meantime today's menu ....

Breakfast = 6pps
Oat so simple (3)
Skimmed milk + for tea etc (3)

Snack = 2pps
Weight watchers bar (2)
Satsuma (0)

Lunch = 11pps

60g couscous (6)
Tin of tuna (3)
Small tin of sweetcorn (2)

Dinner = 6pps

Butternut squash and carrot soup
Onion (0)
Butternut squash (0)
Carrot (0)
Knorr stock pot (1)
Skimmed milk (3)
Gluten free crispbreads (2)

Total so far today = 25/31

I do have curly wurlies arriving later though along with chocolate pudding pot things etc so I see that total going up before the end of the day :)

Hope the antibiotics fix ya :) x

I ended up on a bit of a curly wurly binge yesterday - doh! :break_diet: Still well within weeklies but it means I'm going to have to be a little bit more careful at the end of the week as I won't have so many available to cover me - oh well it happens and at least its now out of my system.

I managed to get about 5 hours uninterrupted last night and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good - lets hope I can build on that tonight and start getting myself back on track :)

So today's menu plan ...

Breakfast = 3pps

Pineapple smoothie with mullerlight yoghurt (2)
Banana (0)
Pineapple (0)
Flax oil (1)

Lunch = 7pps
Roasted butternut squash (0)
Olive oil (1)
Beetroot (0)
Salad (0)
Roasted pine nuts (6)
Fruit salad (0)

Dinner = 11pps
Low fat casserole steak (3)
Potato (2)
Sweetcorn (2)
Stir fried veggies (0)

2 x meringues (3)
Jelly (0)
Fresh fruit salad (0)
Low fat squirty cream (1)

General = 3pps
Skimmed milk for tea etc (3)

Total = 24/31

I have no idea why the points are so low today as there's plenty of food in there - I foresee that the last 2 curly wurlies may escape from the fridge to use the points up later though! :D

for some reason the site wouldn't let me on yesterday so I missed a day - no idea why but at least I'm back now :)

Yesterday ended up a bit hectic - I'd had very little sleep all night coughing as well then woke up to discover that the cat had pee'd all over my bed again except this time I was so knackered I hadn't woken up when she did it so it had soaked the whole way through - aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I ended up having to run around with smelly duvets to my friend's to use his very big dyson machine to wash it as it doesn't fit in my machine and costs £20 each time I take it to the dry cleaners.

Work was hectic as well so when a friend rang around lunchtime to say did I want to abandon the afternoon and go to Costa and look for a new coat I jumped at the chance. It does mean I had a tuna melt panini while there for lunch but my hot chocolate was a skinny and I'm just not going to worry about it.

I think I have in my head that as I'm not going to make my target this week no matter what I do then I may as well relax and accept that this next week is not going to be good anyway so why worry. Plus I have lady week due next week (on my birthday which is law of sod!!) and I'm starving like marvin this weekend because of it. With my parents here as well from tomorrow I think I'm just going to accept that this is one of those bumps where life takes over and just watch what I eat without counting for now and get back on track from next Sunday instead.

So everything gets a bit hectic from tomorrow for the next week so I will probably not get on here much - I will return once I get past next weekend. And scarily I will be a whole decade older by then!!! :-o (I'm actually really looking forward to it)

Hope everyone else has a great week and I'm now off to curl up on the sofa and watch movies in the hope that it helps me recover enough by tomorrow to be able to get all my housework done and get organised before my parents arrive :)

Mifffffffffs!!
Glad to see you back :)
Think we must of had parrallel lurgy time as I've got 6days of posts to catch up on! Finally getting over mine (but not before giving it to all 3 house members lol) do hope your meds kick yours to the kerb so you can fully enjoy your Birthday week!
So nice that you have so many people ti celebrate with :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hope u have a lovely weekend ;) diary looking good! Xx

well hopefully lurgy is on the way out - I actually got some sleep last night without the use of vicks or cough sweets. I'm still absolutely knackered but at least its heading in the right direction.

Diet has gone totally out of the window though - I've been running around all morning and finally just ate for the first time ... and had a bacon sandwich on crispy bread which is not exactly the best choice I've ever made. And I've just finished making my "I can't believe you made that" cake which is basically gluten free chocolate sponge cake surrounded the whole way round by cadbury fingers (its takes 2 1/2 packs!) and with two layers of chocolate fudge buttercream holding it all in place then topped with whipped double cream around the edge with mandarin oranges in the middle then topped with a crumbled flake. Its absolutely gorgeous and has the wow factor when you present it but low fat it sure as hell isn't!!

I must remember as well that I have a blood test in the morning so I can't eat or drink after 7pm tonight.

And just a quick update - the friend I fell out with recently was 40 yesterday as well so I sent her a message to say happy birthday as it would have been churlish not to. I got a text this morning telling me that she got engaged last night and wanted to tell me before I read it or heard about it somewhere else. I'm genuinely happy for her and wish her all the best and appreciate that she let me know rather than leaving it for me to read on Facebook as that meant a lot. But at the same time it still doesn't change anything - it was nice that she finally thought about me and that does help but I still feel that we are both now just moving in different directions and that we have grown apart and I just think that its time for us to do that separately. But I am genuinely genuinely over the moon for her and hope that she's is happy.

That cake sounds to die for!!! Glad the lurgy is easing! Well done for being so grown up and sending best wishes and it wish nice for her to tell u! Don't worry just get bk on plan when u can xx

Glad to see youare feeling better miff . Jo told me once that birthday cake doesnt have calories !!!!!!!!!!!! so enjoy :D. You have to build yourself up after being sick :D. Time enough to get back to tracking when all your travels are done this week.

Caaaaaaaaaaaaake! Caaaaaaaaaaaake!!! I want that cake so much!! ;)
Glad your friend texted you to let you know - hate finding stuff out via FB (swear I'd be happier without that darn site but I can't give it up!)
Hope you have a good week lovely & good luck with your bloods :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hope you have a lovely Birthday and really enjoy your trip .Dont forget to comeback to us though !!!!!!! . We'd really miss you.:D

Hello ladies - thank you for all the messages and I had an absolutely fantastic birthday. It was a week of great fun with family & friends but I don't even want to think about what I've eaten!!!!

The biggest surprise of the week was last nights weigh in & discovering I'd only gained 1lb which is an absolute miracle - it was agreed by everyone present that I should jump off the scales quick before they realised their mistake lol

So I'm behind on everyone's diaries I'm afraid - between being so busy last week & still having the lurgy - it's been 4 1/2 weeks now!!!!! - I just haven't been able to catch up so I hope I haven't missed anything major and that you are all still going strong.

My new challenge is that I am now coming to you all via my nice new shiny iPad courtesy of my wonderful wonderful family so this site operates through an app on here and it's going to take me a little whole to find my way round - bear with me & I'm sure I'll get there soon. It I'm busy playing with everything else on here in the meantime & trying to get it all set up right for work :)

Today is my first full day back tracking which is going to be fun - the sugar & carbs monster has been given free reign pretty much for a week now & getting past the cravings won't be easy! But I've lost a grand total of 1lb the whole of the last month and when I looked at photos from my birthday & the weekend yes I agree with friends that I look so much better than I did (I was wearing a tiara so it's hard not to lol) but I REALLY wasn't happy with my size and I photograph much bigger than I've been seeing myself in the mirror. So after that little dose of reality I really need to start kicking my own butt or before I know it it will be Christmas & the weight will be creeping back up again.

So breakfast was a fruit smoothie, lunch will be pâté & crisp reads with a side salad & dinner is steamed cod fillet with potatoes & corn on the cob - back to basics this week. Any snacks in between will be fruit, fruit or possibly fruit! I'm also challenging myself this week to exercise for 30 minutes at least once & to make at least one drink each day something other than tea as I've realised that this is all I drink now.

Oh & I'm not showing points on my menu here at the moment - I need to work out how to easily flick back & forth between apps so I can see what the points are as it's too much chaffing around otherwise - I know there is a way to do it but just don't have time this. Morning as running later.

It's good to be back & please all feel free to keep booting me up the backside this week because I'm really going to need it - only gaining 1lb was fantastic. It at the same time its going to make it harder ignoring the sugar monster thinking that I ate all that & it wasnt too bad so a little cheat here & there won't hurt & that way 16 stone lies!!!!!

And as you can see the autocorrect on typing is fun! Doh! Hope it still made sense lol

Right I've now worked out how to add a photo for myself on here .... And then realise I don't have any of me on here to upload lol I have now become a very nice view of the pyramids outside the louvre in Paris taken on my birthday instead :) I'll try & get a tiara shot up when I get time

Hey Miff, great to see you back. :D . also delighted to hear you had a great birthday. Well we have all been working away here , have loads of lovely new members.

Well done on only putting up a pound !!! but try to be good this week as sometimes its the next week the damage is seen. (sorry for being a spoilsport!!)

I have gone back to my no sugar regime and it seems to be working (Although I STS this week :mad:) Periods are all over the place at the mo. dont know whats going on !!!. Feel a lot better though not having to fight the cravings .

Yeah I'm dreading this week in case it decided to be on a delay lol. I'm planning to be VERY good this week & even started off by going for a walk yesterday - a short one but a walk all the same :) I'm hoping to have the energy to do some wii-ing or time on the x trainer later - I'm better if I exercise first thing in the morning but the cat keeps waking me up at 5am & by the time I get back to sleep its disrupting me so much that I'm shattered when my alarm goes off so haven't been able to get organised. I'm going to catch up on some sleep at the weekend hopefully & then try & get sorted next week.

So with that in mind, and having found how to flick back and forth (yay), today's menu is ...

Breakfast = 8

Boiled egg (4)
2 slices ww toast (3)
Low fat spread (1)
Tin of grapefruit (0)

Lunch = 6

Gluten free crispbreads (2)
Low fat pate (3)
Roasted butternut squash (0)
Beet root (0)
Lettuce (0)
Olive oil (1)

Dinner = 11

Bacon medalions (3)
Butterbeans (3)
Creme fraiche (2)
Potato (2)
Olive oil (1)
Leeks & cabbage (0)

General = 3
Skimmed milk (3)

Total = 28/31 leaving me 3 points for any snacks or a pudding :)

I still need to start reading the positive thinking diet book I bought - I literally haven't had time since I got it! My aim for this weekend is to make a start on it & then start putting it into action & restarting my daily positives

Yesterday went a bit out the window in the end - I was fine for breakfast & lunch but by dinner time I was so tired and drained that I didn't feel like cooking and ended up eating a lump of low fat cheese, a bowl of instant mash and some meringues with half fat creme fraiche - not the healthiest dinner I've ever eaten! Oh well - some times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ;)

Today I've been pretty good but not counted at all. I was meeting a girlfriend for lunch and running around all morning trying to clear everything that needed doing before I went. Breakfast was a bowl of gluten free cereal and I managed to have a small chicken Caesar salad with no dressing for lunch which shouldn't have been too bad - at least I hope not! I'm going to have the bacon and butterbean sauté for dinner tonight seeing as how I didn't eat it yesterday.

It's strange but mentally I seem to have this aversion to tracking what I'm eating at the moment - its not that I necessarily want to eat bad foods and I would guess that I'm barely over my points today, if I even am, but I don't ant to have to point things. It could just be that I know I probably won't make weigh in this week and I'll see if I can get my head back into it next week but if not it could be that I switch back to the simply filling plan thingy for a few weeks until I get past this little rut and get back in 'the zone' - we'll see :)

Glad u had a fab birthday :) and well done for getting bk to it :) hope ur having a lovely weekend!!

I'm well jealous of the iPad lol xx

Well I was doing really well & then the weekend hit and it went right out the window!!!! Popped out with a friend on Saturday & we ended up in an italian restaurant - had a steak sandwich thinking I was being really good. It it was driving with oil. Very nice oil but not good for me. And that sparked a sweet tooth craving and I totally folded & ate honeycomb cheesecake for dessert :(

Then yesterday was footsie & I needed to go into town first. Again I was really good & picked up a low fat chicken sandwich in m&s .... Along with a pack of peppy pigs! I then got home & couldn't be bothered to cook so ended up eating Yorkshire puddings & spaghetti blog see - didn't weigh, measure or count at all and today I'm so bloated I know it wasn't good.

I just don't feel at all organised & I haven't got my meal plans sorted or enough food in for what I need etc. I know my parents are here tomorrow night so I won't be weighing in as well & that's probably not helping mentally. For some reason I REALLY don't want to track & count at the moment and it's as if my head is rebelling against me doing it. I'm going to just watch what I eat today & tomorrow & then get myself back on track on Wednesday when everyone has gone. I think I'm going to try switching back to simply filling again next week so I don't have to count & see if that helps. Unfortunately I also have my nephew's birthday party on Sunday which will throw me off track again but hopefully if I can get myself under control before then to make sure it doesn't do too much damage.

I think I'm at the fed up with thinking about it stage which I think everyone goes through sometimes - now I've just got to work out how to get my head into a better space with it & get out of that rut.

I really need to start checking the iPads auto correct before I hit post as I can't work out how to edit after posting. Hope that it makes at least some sense lol

Back