A Graceful Descent

Thanks Jo - I know I'll be fine with anyone who takes over and I'll keep going strong but its not going to be so much fun. Her Facebook page has been inundated with messages from other members - one of them hits the nail on the head when she says she's her favourite leader because we all became friends rather than clients and that's pretty accurate. She's going to be VERY missed at our meetings and come Tuesday there will be a lot of sad faces there I think.

My biggest problem mentally is that I've spent some 20 years trying to get my thyroid diagnosed and throughout that time I've been told constantly to lose weight (even when I had a healthy bmi!) and I am so sick of that judgement you feel from people when you try and explain why the weight went on etc I had a leader years ago before I knew what was wrong who would make me feel like a failure if I didn't have good losses and even commented that maybe I wasn't being honest with myself about everything I was eating. It's part of why I was so terrified going back to losing weight this way again rather than just taking the extreme route which I knew would work quickly. As you've seen from my menu planner I rarely eat badly and genuinely the only thing I've changed is that I'm allowing myself to eat more and throwing in some less 'pure' food in there to learn to be more relaxed with it as I've spent a lot of years being SO controlling over what I eat. Funnily my current leader totally got it without me having to explain or justify anything and that was such a relief after years of being judged. Me and one of the other girls in particular have formed quite a strong bond with her and ignoring the weight loss side of it I think we are both going to miss her as a friend.

Having said that I sent her an email last night thanking her for her help and giving her an outline of why it's been so important for me and I've had a text today telling me that I'd better continue letting her know how I get on each week because if her checking on me is what keeps me from going back to the extreme dieting then id better get used to her carrying on checking lol. I know that she's not going to abandon us totally and anyone else will be able to fill her shoes without a problem and to be honest maybe it's not a totally bad thing as it will make me confront the psychological side a bit more again and make me rely on me to make the right decisions going forward rather than being dependent on having to go to meetings forever out of fear of coping on my own. Does that make sense? I need to get over the whole feeling of having to justify myself too - I know that not coming from on people but is from me doing it to myself and quite simply I need to get over it.

Right that's today's therapy session over - night everyone and on to another day :)

Morning everybody. Another day and hopefully another step in the right direction.

I have my brain scan at 6pm tonight which is a bit of a pain as I don't really want to eat before I go but I'm not going to be home until well after 7pm and I'll be starving by then. I may have to make myself something light to eat early and then eat properly when I get home.

So today's loose plan ...

Breakfast = 7

Scrambled egg (4)
Toast (3)

Snack = 2

Ww bar (2)
Melon (0)

Lunch = 10

Chicken roll sandwiches x 4 (8.)
Apple (0)
Low fat chocolate mousse (2)

Dinner = 4

Butternut squash soup (2)
Crispbreads (2)

General = 3

Skimmed milk (3)

So that's 26/31 so far which leaves me room to make myself some Crispbreads and low fat cheese spread to eat before I drive to the hospital to stop my stomach rumbling like crazy through the scan. And obviously I've always got my weeklies if I need them :)

I ended up with a ww meal in the end last night as I got back late and the butternut squash soup hadn't defrosted so I'm having that for lunch today instead. Unfortunately I got attacked by curly wurlies when I got home and my willpower ran away screaming and left me to my fate!

Brainscan was fine and only took about 15 minutes in the end - I nearly hit the panic button the first couple of minutes as my thyroid makes me mildly claustrophobic - strange the things it can effect! - I was VERY aware that there was a very small tunnel over most of me and although they have a mirror in it now so you can see the room outside to help with that at the same time I knew I couldn't just get up and was dependent on someone else and that always makes me slightly panicky. But having already checked with the radiologist and knowing it would be quite short I k ww I could get through it if I just shut my eyes and put myself somewhere else. They put on some foo fighters through the headphones for me too and had chosen a live album which was awesome because I could just picture myself at Hyde park watching them which helped a lot :)

The worst bit was that about an hour after I got home I started with a pounding headache that made me feel sick and it came back again about half an hour ago - not as strong as last night so not feeling sick but I feel like I have a sinus strength headache and I haven't even started work yet so I'm hoping it eases off soon.

In the meantime today's menus plan ....

Breakfast (3)

Gluten free cereal (3)

Lunch (5)

Butternut squash soup (1)
Crispbreads (3)
Cheese spread (1)

Dinner (8)

Cod (2)
Potato (2)
2 mini corn on the cobs (4)

General (3)

Milk (3)

So that makes 19/31 so far but I haven't planned any snacks etc yet so I'm sure those points will be coming up by the end of the day :)

Hope ur ok petal! I'm sure the new leader will be fab! And whatever happens u are strong enough to do this! Cx

Thanks Carly - I'm sure the new leader will be fine and fingers crossed they don't close it altogether. In the meantime my old leader has been texting back & forth all week anyway so other than weigh on nothing has changed yet lol

I'm well into my weeklies this week and have used about 20 of them so far but still staying on track. I. Really hungry this week for some reason though so its not been easy! But I'm kind of between two jeans sizes at the moment - my 16s are too big so have to wear a belt and they then puff around my stomach and aren't overly flattering but my 14 skinnies are 'snug' which means that any tops which cling slightly make me look like I have a muffin going on - so I REALLY need to get a few more pounds off to fix that.

Now I've just got to persuade my body to join in!!! Lol

Today's menu plan so far .....

Breakfast = 6

Peanut butter smoothie (5)

Lunch = 7

Ham sandwich (4)
Walkers lites crisps (3)

Dinner = 11

Pot chicken & sweetcorn soup (8.) - may not have the whole pot so this is flexible
Crispbreads & Philadelphia (3)

General = 3

Milk (3)

Total = 27/31 so far

As I suspected would happen I just got an email from ww to say they've shut our meeting :( such a shame as they are a great bunch there - the next nearest is a 10 minute drive away which is fine right now but when the weather changes it's on really bad roads for driving.

I love the fact that they give us all of 24 hours notice and do it just AFTER they took my monthly payment!

I'm going to try & persuade another member to come with me to the alternative meeting as we've had good fun with the two of us. I'm in two minds what to do at the moment - not really fancying that drive every week but at the same time I do use e source & if I cancel my payments I lose that. It all round quite simply just sucks

So a plan has been made. No one else seems to be up for going to the other meeting and I don't really fancy going on my own over there - plus apparently the leader is one that stood in in the summer at our meetings and although she was lovely I don't think I'll get so much from her so I'm not really feeling a grotty drive just to get weighed in every week.

I rang ww this afternoon and they have refunded me for the monthly pass for December. I have now switched over to paying for just e source which I can do the first 3 months for £15 and then it will roll on at £6.95 per month so I can carry on tracking.

I'm then going to switch my weigh in to Friday mornings in order to be able to relax at the weekend - not eating loads of rubbish just being able to be more flexible without worrying about it. Whatever I weigh myself to be on my own scales I will then report back to my old leader so I have someone checking on me until I get into a routine and obviously I'll be reporting here as well. I might have to try my scales in the kitchen though to see if that makes them more stable as they can be hit and miss in the bathroom.

I'll weigh in the morning out of interest but I can't really remember what they said last week a it's always different to the official ones so it's not going to tell me too much but I can use it as a reset point to start from and see where I lose from there.

So from here on in I'm flying solo which is kind of scary but I just have to keep reminding myself why I, doing this and that I WANT to stick with it rather than doing it for anyone else. Yes it will be harder without those weekly meetings but at the same time I'd have had to do this when I reach goal in order to incorporate it into my life rather than forever counting so it's good practice for then :)

But boy am I going to need this diary more than ever lol

That's what I do too poppet! Friday am and £15 - if u go online just after the £15 is taken (or at least before the next one is due) u can switch to £15 again instead of £6.95 ;) hope that makes sense!!! Cx

Thanks Carly - I had wondered if it would let me do that so that's good to know.

Well I weighed on my scales this morning and just decided to subtract that from whatever the official ones said last week as a starting point. I know in theory that it's earlier in the day and less clothing etc so will be lighter but my scales are generally slightly higher than the official ones anyway etc etc and after taking all of that into consideration I decided sod it i'm down 1.5 lbs on my scales and I'm taking it hahahahaha

So my new starting point on my scales is 14 stone 3 and I will now switch to Friday weigh ins from now on in as it just seems a more logical day for me :)

I've come to the conclusion I can either just give up and use this as an excuse or I can carry on doing exactly what I would have done anyway and take responsibility for myself - i didn't start losing the weight for anyone but me and really that hasn't changed. I just need to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this and that it's a life change not a short term thing. That's not always going to be easy to stick to and my temptation to go back to Cambridge is huge but there are reasons I didnt do that this time round and I just need to keep them in my head.

Today's menu is therefore as follows:-

Breakfast = 5

Boiled egg(2)
Toast (3)
Banana (0)

Lunch = 7

Half tub of soup from last night (4)
Crispbreads (2)
Dairy lea (1)

Dinner = 7

Prawns (2)
Quinoa (5)

General = 3

Milk (3)

Total so far = 22/31

I'm sure those extra 9 will be used up by the end of the day but I'm going to try not to use any weeklies between now & Friday to be able to start fresh for a new week Saturday morning :)

Soooooo - a number of my former group seem to be taking the view that seeing as how meetings have closed they may as well just give up and go and eat what they want then. I tried to offer support to one which got taken totally the wrong way and I got my head bitten off that they are an adult and don't need pressure from anyone else so I won't be doing that again - which pretty much tells me that they also aren't interested in offering support to me or anyone else who needs it then.

That'll be me going it alone then and using here as my main source of support from now on in. Different people react in different ways i guess but I can't say I'm not disappointed by it. Oh well - onwards and downwards

U aren't alone! Are u my fb friend hun! Feel free to message, email or text! U can do this! Friday WI and online tracking :) xx

Awwww carly bless you - thanks. I'm half laughing though - when I meant going it alone I meant as in not going to meetings and following the plan from home more than sitting here with just me and the cat and my knitting *grin*. Really appreciate the support though.

Not only can we all do this but we WILL do this! From the point at which I got my head sorted and in the right place I've known that this is how I live from now on in and the weight will come off to catch up with where my head is and that hasn't changed. I sometimes have to remind myself as its easy to end up feeling like I'm having to do things rather than making a choice and wanting to and that side was always where meetings have come in handy but it just means I have to be honest with myself at all times and recognise when I'm not thinking straight and just get back 'in the zone' as soon as I can. Seemples :)

So today's menu plan ....

Breakfast = 3

Gluten free cereal (3)

Lunch = 7

Jacket potato (est 5)
Cottage cheese (2)

Dinner = 9

Butternut squash (0)
Quinoa as switched it for couscous last night instead (5)
Grated cheddar - very small amount (4)

General = 3

Milk (3)

Total so far = 22/31 ... Lunch might change though depending on how busy work gets & if I have time to fix it or if it ends up being a tin of soup instead :)

Looking good xx

That sooooooo didn't happen in the end yesterday lol. Well breakfast was right but then it just went downhill from there. I ended up eating a packet of crisps and some cheese spread triangles for lunch and a packet of uncle bens express risotto for dinner with some cola flavour chewits and ended up feeling like absolute rubbish.

I'm so tired this morning as well and the last week I've been struggling to sleep again etc - I feel another meds tweak coming from this weekend as I'm starting to recognise little signs that my tsh is sliding back again.

Oh & I hadn't noticed yesterday but my points are down by another 1 so I'll have to remember thatnim down to 30 not 31.

I'm going to play today by ear a little bit - I'm absolutely shattered and struggling to do anything - its a total wipe out day - so I'm just going to see what I feel like cooking when I get to that point. I've started with gluten free cereal but I haven't weighed it out as at some point I've just got to switch to being sensible and watching what I eat so I'm going to see how that goes for a few days. I'll still track points on what a normal portion would be just going to try sizing it visually rather than weighing as that will hopefully help when I'm staying with my parents at Christmas when I won't be able to measure stuff so easily.

Right now all I need to do is try and get myself motivated to start work today ..... Easier said than done!

Hugs! Xx

I've come to the conclusion that I should just give up worrying about weekends. They are always so busy that I don't get time to plan properly and think about meals etc - I usually end up missing breakfast both days and hen when I have footie on the Saturday I don't generally get lunch very well planned and don't feel like cooking when I get back etc - I'm probably within my points still but I'm just going to stop worrying about it because it is what it is :)

So back to being better organised today - I need to get some shopping in as i don't have too many options in the cupboards/freezer at the moment so might pop to marks this afternoon to pick up some of their diet meals for if I get busy with work & no time to cook plus they do some fantastic soups that make up a meal on their own for a relatively low number of points.

Today started with boiled egg and lunch will be jacket potato with cottage cheese that needs using up and then pork for dinner but haven't worked out what I'm going to do with that yet :)

Hope everyone else had a good weekend

Loving the PMA xx

Have a fab Christmas and NY x

Merry Christmas xx

Hi petal! Hope ur well! Have a fab NYE and I shall see u in 2012 xx

Back