A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Hello guys!!

I'm back. The Mr and I quit that horrible place yesterday and, although we are once again unemployed, we are off the Island and much happier for it by far!It really just got too much. I was working 8 hours+ with no breaks and was continually put in areas on my own that I had no experience/proper training in despite numerous talks with the boss about not feeling comfortable and wanting/needing training!! The straw that broke the camels back was Wednesday just past when I was put on housekeeping/room attendant duties on my own - I had to do 13 rooms, most depart/arrivals by myself! It took 6 hours straight, no break obviously, and I felt dead by the end. I've also developed an epigastric hernia due to all the heavy lifting of laundry/kitchen deliveries. I am really annoyed about that because it's right above my bellybutton and that part of my tummy was the flattest so far :(. My boyfriend's anxiety/depression wasn't helped there either. He did a 10 hour stint at the sink washing dishes one night with nothing but a 15 min break to eat his dinner. Oh, and the boss was rascist to top it all off!

Anyway, I will stop moaning. I am home now and happy and can actually start eating properly again!! I'm currently sitting at 12st 1lb so still going in the right direction,
thankfully! Will be back later to start updating daily food diaries again. I've missed Minimins a lot!!

Hope you are all doing well and having a great weekend.

Over and out!!

Last edited:
Losing track of what stats I have updated now but currently sitting at 12st 2lbs which is the lowest I have been in about 2 years =D
WOW! that's amazing - well done x
Hello guys!!

I'm back. The Mr and I quit that horrible place yesterday and, although we are once again unemployed, we are off the Island and much happier for it by far!It really just got too much. I was working 8 hours+ with no breaks and was continually put in areas on my own that I had no experience/proper training in despite numerous talks with the boss about not feeling comfortable and wanting/needing training!! The straw that broke the camels back was Wednesday just past when I was put on housekeeping/room attendant duties on my own - I had to do 13 rooms, most depart/arrivals by myself! It took 6 hours straight, no break obviously, and I felt dead by the end. I've also developed an epigastric hernia due to all the heavy lifting of laundry/kitchen deliveries. I am really annoyed about that because it's right above my bellybutton and that part of my tummy was the flattest so far :(. My boyfriend's anxiety/depression wasn't helped there either. He did a 10 hour stint at the sink washing dishes one night with nothing but a 15 min break to eat his dinner. Oh, and the boss was rascist to top it all off!

Anyway, I will stop moaning. I am home now and happy and can actually start eating properly again!! I'm currently sitting at 12st 1lb so still going in the right direction, thankfully! Will be back later to start updating daily food diaries again. I've missed Minimins a lot!!

Hope you are all doing well and having a great weekend.

Over and out!!

Sorry to hear the jobs didn't work out - but you definitely made the right decision - does that mean you are both back at your respective parents houses?

12st 1 - you've done so well while you've been in working in that hellhole - i would have comfort ate the entire time

Have missed you too, so glad you are back xxx

Thanks Donna :)!

Yeah, we are gonna be living apart again for now but both looking for jobs in the Glasgow area with a view of hopefully getting a flat together there soon! I've already applied for 12 jobs this morning haha. Calum is here just now but going back to his mum's tomorrow. xxx

Glad to hear you both stuck up for your selfs and good luck worth he job and flat hunting you deserve it xxxx

Hey, well done, he obviously one of those people in power who doesn't deserve it, sadly people want jobs so badly they'll keep working there, even if they have a high turn over of the staff... Maybe that's why he can't be arsed to train people... I think I'm looking at the bright side of him although theres no 'excuse' for Racism these days!

<3

Afternoon everyone!

Managing to settle in back at home ok, although I still need to finish unpacking haha. So that's pretty much my agenda for today. Well, that plus job hunting. So annoyed, I filed for jobseekers online and on the form they asked if there were any days/times I would be unavailable for appointment to set up my claim. Lo and behold, the only day I am not free (due to babysitting my nephew) they go and give me an appointment for then anyway. Let the fun begin again! I'm not gonna bother phoning up to change it, just want it out of the way so will need to take him with me. Which I didn't want to do because he has an ear infection at the moment but my sis says it's ok to take him. I don't even know why I am bothering to sign on again as I know from recent changes that I will be sanctioned for 13 weeks for leaving a job voluntarily. But I'll still need to go to the job centre every 2 weeks and fill in my booklet as per. Really hope I get something else sooner rather than later.

Enough ranting. ON WITH THE SHOW!

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 237
L - Ham and tomato sandwich on white bread with light mayo 332
S - Banana and strawberries smoothie 237
D - Baked potato with tuna and light mayo, side salad 482

Others: 2 litres water.
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central.

Total calories: 1,288

So happy to be home and able to eat the foods I want. Hope everyone else is having a good week so far.

Over and out!

IMAG1174.jpg

Completely off-topic but I cut a fringe into my Green Revolution wig ^^! Was terrified I would mess it up but I think it turned out alright :)

Thanks dd :).

Mixed a muller light strawberry yogurt in with my afternoon snack smoothie so my total is gonna be up a bit for today, just under the
1,400 target for a change!
My * week is due so feeling a bit bleurgh and sluggish. Gonna get my Dance Central on now though, hopefully perk me up a bit!

Good morning all!

I'm going back to Sunday weigh-ins as of this weekend. Gonna ditch the bi-weekly measurements and just do them on the 1st of each month, starting from May. While I was gone my little sister took my scales (and the TV from my room lol) but I had bought new ones while away anyway. However, I think they are dodgy. I get a different reading every time I stand on them! So far today, I have been 12st 9, 12st and 11st 7 - all in the space of 2 minutes! I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and will ask to be weighed while I am there to get a better idea of where I am exactly. Find out if I do actually have a hernia, as suspected. I had a nurse examine me (mother of a girl I was working with on the island) and she suspects that's what it is but we shall see. Also got a few other ailments to complain about haha.

Today's menu:

B - Banana and strawberries smoothie 237
L - Ham and tomato sandwich on white bread with light mayo 332
S - Muller light yogurt with chopped banana 210
D - Tuna pasta salad 564

Exercise: Half hour Dance Central, 40 min walk.

Total calories: 1,343

I am making more of an effort to up my calorie intake to the target 1,400 I set for myself. With today's menu I even have a few cals to spare for a wee Options hot choc later :).

Urgh, I am so annoyed!

Basically had a wasted trip to the docs. It was a male locum doctor who listened to my quips about womanly stuff,first thing he asked was if I could be pregnant, advised I take a test 'at least 4 weeks' after my last period (which means any time from this weekend) then said I've to reschedule with a female doctor. And as for my suspected hernia, he thinks it is just fat redistributing itself as I lose weight. I'm not altogether convinced...here's a pic:

893361_10151385856736188_582723549_o.jpg
It's directly above my bellybutton...I wear my jammy trousers high, light at/over my bellybutton. It just seems like too pronounced a bump to me?! Obviously I'm not a doctor but if there's no improvement over the next month then I'd like a second opinion! I also highly doubt I'm pregnant. And hope I'm not!

If this IS just fat shifting about it can get itself to *******, no way I'll be in a bikini in 8 weeks time if I still have this stupid bumpy bit!!

Sorry for the rant.

I'm shocked by how thin your stomach is in that picture, you've come a long way from the first picture I saw of you :)
I'd seek a second opinion sooner than that and go do your pee test at the doctors tomorrow or something if you can get there, takes them 2-3 days if that to test it...

He properly asked you to go to a lady doctor because he hasn't paid much attention to the female body haha, or feels he isn't capable of diagnosing properly, I've never heard of what he's suggested... does it say anything on google about it?

What a lovely flat tummy - hernias (and I've only seen them in old men and little children!) tend to be squidy bumps - they don't feel like those little fat lumps you get floating around - have you searched for hernia pics and compared? Megan was born with a small hernia but luckily it popped back itself and didn't need operating on. I'd def go back - but admit tho it does look like start of pregnancy bump lol!!! only kidding!

How long have you had the bump for? could you have pulled something - does it hurt if you do a sit up?

For about a week,just over. It appeared out of the blue but I did have some crampy ab pain the night before I noticed it...it feels sort of tender and aches if I bend certain ways.

There are some things about fat redistribution on google but my body has never reacted this way to losing weight before...flip knows how my bf will react if I actually am pregnant lol

Ach well. Shall muster on and see what my own lady doc says.

Afternoon!

Yesterday was a little bit of a write-off but not completely:

B - Nothing!
L - Ham sandwich on white bread with light mayo 320
S - Cheese and onion crisps,refresher ice lolly,1 choc hobnob and a tiny bit of nephew's easter egg lol 360
D - Roast chicken and potatoes 450

Others: 2 litres water, 1 can full fat non brand coke :( 122 cal
Exercise: half hour walk.

Total calories: 1,252

Not altogether a disaster and I should point out that I didn't sit and eat my snacks in one go, they were spread out haha. I ended up calling to reschedule my job centre appointment as nephew has an ear infection and was still too out of sorts to be dragging him outside. Phoned just after 9 and got an appointment for Monday at 12. Come 1.30pm someone phoned from the jobcentre to remind me about the appointment at 2pm (that I cancelled/rescheduled!) then gave me a new appointment for Monday at 10am! They honestly do not have a clue, such a poorly run organisation. I'll go for 10am Monday and will no doubt get a phone call at 12.05 saying I've missed my appointment.

Anyway, today is off to a better start, food-wise:

B - Banana,orange and black forest fruits smoothie 297
L - Tomato and Herb Mug shot and raspberry and cranberry muller light yoghurt 361
S - Banana and apple fruit salad 200
D - ???

Exercise: Half hour Dance Central.

Total calories: 858 so far

Dad is making dinner tonight and not sure what is on the cards. Looks like it might be spag bol but I've over 500 cals left anyway so should be fine.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Over and out!

Also, I tried a new style smoothie today:

IMAG1215.jpg
1 x banana
2 handfuls x mixed black forest fruits (frozen!)
50 ml orange juice
200ml semi skimmed milk

It was sooo good!! I had to let it all sit together in the blender for 10 mins or so to soften the frozen fruit enough to blend properly but it was worth the wait. Very refreshing.

Back