A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Not too bad a day today!! Managed to fit into another zippy size 14 dress (from H&M nonetheless!) BUT! I can't wear a bra with it, my boobs are crushed in it aaaand there's still some back fat ahoy:

View attachment 86683

I figure another half a stone and I should be comfortable in it *fingers crossed*. Maybe lose some of my derrie
re by then too as starting to feel a little out of proportion!! Seem to be losing most of my weight from my waist area and not really anywhere else. Still, no point on dwelling - just need to start toning exercises I think!!

Sorry for the mish mash of dress-pics lately. I'm just excited that I am starting to fit into the next size down :).

Over and out!

Another beautiful dress - i wish i had the confidence to wear dresses but I've never felt comfy in them
Hello everyone :)

I'm in a slight panic at the moment as my totm is now 6 days late. Never usually this late, still haven't taken a test as have always been in town with friends/family and I kinda wanna keep shtum about the possibility haha. However, my wee sis is gonna pick one up for me today (I'm glad we are close now even if we used to fight like cat and dog when growing up!!) so I'll be able to take it tomorrow morning and rule that out/find that out before making another doctors appointment. I'm hoping my body still hasn't returned to normal after stopping the pill a few months ago and that's what's going on. Obviously been using other precautions since then, I'm not a silly girl!!

Can't decide on dinner tonight. Which is bad, I know, it should be planned out. There's no junk food in the cupboards though so whatever I end up having will be healthy. Shall update later when I figure it out!! And if I have cals left I will have an extra snack-smoothie or fruit and yoghurt mid-afternoon.

Over and out!
Oh dear - its probably just the pill as you say but make sure you take that test first thing in the morning to stop yourself worrying about it

PS. I love your dress pics - keep them coming!

Took nearly 2 and a half months for mine to come and i had loads of pregnancy symptoms during this time, it freaked me right out and my doctor was really mommy like when she rang to say the test was negative, like telling me off saying i didn't want kids before marriage haha.

Clearblue, although expencive, you can get 2 of so you can do a test further down the line without buying another kit. I did two tests, 3-4 weeks apart in the morning.

I have already had what I would class as 2 normal periods since stopping and the timing between them was spot on. I was also on a mini-pill that doesn't necessarily stop ovulation the same way the combined pill does which is why I am a little more worried than usual. Sure it will be fine though!

Apparently dad is making beef casserole for dinner tonight,will work out exact cals later and update :)

Anything else other than no period? x

A change in lifestyle can lead to them going a little haywire, also, the more you worry the longer the blasted little monster takes to arrive. Do a test to rule it out and put your mind at rest.
X

Thanks,I am guessing my worrying isn't helping so trying not to!

Any other symptoms I have could be linked to other stuff - cramping and sore boobs could just be my period coming,tiredness could be cause I haven't been sleeping well latrly and headaches could be cause I have been using the computer more lately.

So just going to test tomorrow morning and take it from there!

Best thing, no need to worry at all I bet!
X

Always seems the case for me, I worry and then nothing :) and I had all those symptoms too from giving up the pill which is why I worried more.

Good to know you had the same symptoms...well, bad cause you felt crap lol but y'know...helps calm my mind a bit! :p

Dinner had a total of 649 calories - beef caserole, a few potatoes, peas and 1 yorkshire pud. Ooo, was good though! So my overall total for the day is 1,331 including the options hot choc I have just had :).

Hi, just popping in to see your diary. Looks like you're doing well. I'll bet you're glad the test was negative too. :)

Test was negative! Thank goodness. Be back later to update properly.

How long were you on the pill? I'm 9 years and counting... so when I came off it, I felt strong withdrawl symotoms my doctor said didnt excist. These were pregnancy symptoms so yeah, very normal but always good to rule it out, by the time I tested, I was looking forward to a kid lol

Well, I first went on the pill 9 years ago but the first few they put me on (Microgynon then Yasmin) didn't agree with me so I ended up on Cilest which was great until I became obese and my blood pressure was too high so they changed me to Cerazette which I lasted 3 months on before making the decision to stop as it was awful. I am hoping to go back on Cilest as soon as my blood pressure drops down to normal. I am officially out of the obese now so hoping the BP will get lower soon!!

I've taken sooo many tests over the years as I am a paranoid annie at times. Even though I am always very careful lol. I would like kids at some point but right now I don't even have a job so it's not the right time at all! Want to get my career started first and get some stability :)

My doctor put me on cerazette too because of my weight a few years back. I don't like it much either, but I'd rather take something than nothing. The worst part for me is I haven't had a period for over 2 years (apparently normal), so don't exactly feel very feminine. Hope you're having a good day. :)

I'm just on the basic microgynon and nothing else, never tried anything else either. I asked the doctors if it's the reason why I don't have a labido and she said it didn't have side effects :/ lol I plan on changing to something as soon as I change to a new doctor, including on asking if I can try therapy for older problems and perhaps try anti depressives/anxiety tables as at 24, I've spent too long suffering :/ It's funny how one doctor will help you do anything you want to and others just mute you everytime you ask for change.

How are you feeling today? x

Be a good idea to try and get some sort of help for how you're feeling. I thought I was bad waiting til 18 to get help! 4 different types of anti-depressants, 2 bouts of therapy and 7 years later I am med-free, therapy-free and feel more in control than I ever have. I still have my off days and I am far from anxiety-free but I do have better coping mechanisms now :). So good luck with it all!

Today has been a little stressful. Had to support a family member in court today. Was my first time in a courtroom and I got in trouble for taking my phone out hahahaha - I thought the session was over ; the judge had left the bench and those around me in the public gallery were all chatting etc. Not entirely sure why you could all chit chat away at that point but I couldn't even take my phone out to text my mum haha. Anyway, things went as well as can be expected.

I haven't put my food into calorie counter yet, can't be bothered just now so will probably just post today's diary tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day :)

hormonal imbalances caused by going on or coming off of the pill or the implant or the coil ALL feel like pregnancy symptoms! glad you got the result you needed :)

kudos for being med free and therapy free - it took me a very long time to get the help i needed too, and i've been on more meds and had more therapy than i care to count - but at the end of it all i have better coping strategies and a better understanding of who i am and why i am the way i am, so it's all good, really.

Morning all!

well, the last few days have all gone a bit pear-shape food-wise. :( I haven't bothered calorie counting but the pattern seems to have been something like so:

B - nothing!
L - packet of crisps & beans on toast (Th) / packet of crisps & ham sandwich (F)
D - homemade fritters & spag bol (Th) / savoury mince, neeps & tatties (F)
Snacks - mini mars bar (Th) / normal sized mars bar, 3 squares mint aero, flake (F)

Talk about a chocoholic overload :(. Scale-hopped to check the damage and looks like I'm 5lb up! Although I'm hoping some of that is normal fluctuation and/or onset of period. I just feel so off the ball right now and I don't know why. I've hit a right mental block about the whole damn thing!!

I'm off to Aberdeen with my boyfriend & his mum tonight til Monday to visit the bf's big bro. It also happens to be my boyfriend's birthday today so we are going out for a meal tonight. I'm close to having a 'stuff it' weekend and just re-start on Tuesday but to be honest, that's a big step backwards. What I should do is try to force some fruit n fibre down my neck just now, make a ham salad sandwich for the journey and choose sensibly from the menu tonight!! I really hope I can find the strength/determination/motivation to be good.

Sorry
for the mini-vent. Dunno why I am feeling so poop.

Hope everyone else is doing grand and ha
s a fabby weekend!

over and out!

I found when picking the lower cal meals, I discover meals I love that I wouldn't of had before. Revise why you want this... xxx

Test was negative! Thank goodness. Be back later to update properly.
HOORAY!!! Told you not to worry x
Well, I first went on the pill 9 years ago but the first few they put me on (Microgynon then Yasmin) didn't agree with me so I ended up on Cilest which was great until I became obese and my blood pressure was too high so they changed me to Cerazette which I lasted 3 months on before making the decision to stop as it was awful. I am hoping to go back on Cilest as soon as my blood pressure drops down to normal. I am officially out of the obese now so hoping the BP will get lower soon!!

I've taken sooo many tests over the years as I am a paranoid annie at times. Even though I am always very careful lol. I would like kids at some point but right now I don't even have a job so it's not the right time at all! Want to get my career started first and get some stability :)
Have you ever thought about coming off the pill and trying something else - I have the implant in my arm - lasts 3 years I think - I don't have periods (hooray!) often and its one of the most reliable on the market
Talk about a chocoholic overload :(. Scale-hopped to check the damage and looks like I'm 5lb up! Although I'm hoping some of that is normal fluctuation and/or onset of period. I just feel so off the ball right now and I don't know why. I've hit a right mental block about the whole damn thing!!

I'm off to Aberdeen with my boyfriend & his mum tonight til Monday to visit the bf's big bro. It also happens to be my boyfriend's birthday today so we are going out for a meal tonight. I'm close to having a 'stuff it' weekend and just re-start on Tuesday but to be honest, that's a big step backwards. What I should do is try to force some fruit n fibre down my neck just now, make a ham salad sandwich for the journey and choose sensibly from the menu tonight!! I really hope I can find the strength/determination/motivation to be good.

Sorry
for the mini-vent. Dunno why I am feeling so poop.

Hope everyone else is doing grand and ha
s a fabby weekend!

over and out!

Sorry to hear about your family member - be careful misbehaving in court - you might find yourself being held in contempt lol!

Hope you are having a great weekend in Aberdeen - if i was celebrating Paul;s birthday I would have cheated and restarted the following day so don't be too hard on yoruself if that's the path you took - it just beens getting to target is prolonged by 24 hours ... big deal xxx

Speak tomorrow, donna x

Back