A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Good morning!

Ok,so I have had my little wobble and rolled around in self-pity all weekend stuffing my face and thinking *sod it*. I decided to skip the weigh in on Sunday as I fear the imminent gain would probably break me, pathetic as that sounds. I am right back on track today having just finished my lovely smoothie. And I am debating not weighing myself again until the Sunday before I go on holiday - that'd be June 2nd. Otherwise I feel like I'll get too caught up with the number on the scales and I don't want to be thrown off track again. I'll just go by how I am feeling and be the Angel of Calorie Counting from here on out (famous last words!).

Today's Menu:

B - Banana,orange and summer fruits smoothie 300
L - Pork stir-fry 400
D - Baked potato with tuna mayo & side salad 600

Others: 2 litres water.
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central, 40 minute walk

Total calories: 1,300

Dinner is just a guess, calorie-wise. Calum and I are meeting up with a few friends for 'dinner & drinks' tonight. I'm assuming wherever we end up will have baked potato options. And my drinks will be strictly water/maybe a diet coke.

Over and Out!

Thats how it's best done, I was off again yesterday because we went to a restaurant for an assignment who WILL NOT release their calorie information which I thinks a bit odd. The food was amazing, I had 3 mini burgers with SKINNY fries.

Daniel keeps telling me off for weighing because our WI day was suppose to be the 23rd but tbh I've gained and lost since I've started so I'm the same place I was first WI so properly no point as it'll be a STS.

I'm glad you've got your motivation back for it, sometimes I think we need a break as long as it doesn't last weeks, it doesn't really overly harm us. Do you end up being over full at any point this weekend? xx

It annoys me when menus don't have calorie information on them!! Hope you enjoyed your mini burgers & skinny fries though! :)

Guess you gotta just try and get back in the game and stay as focused as you can. Never mind weighing until you feel you've had a good run at it and want to know what the scales have to say. I have decided to weigh myself every 4 weeks roughly from now on so we'll see how that goes.

I did end up feeling quite uncomfortable full at some points so that's a deterrent to quit the stuffing I suppose. There was an amazing ferrero roche sundae in amongst all the naughtiness which I think was worth falling off the wagon for lol. xx

*NEW WIG ALERT*

IMAG1373.jpg

This beauty arrived today and has cheered me up no end. Sadly, it is far too windy for me to wear out later. If it was shorter I might have risked it but it goes down to my bum at the back haha. And lip gloss, long hair and wind do not mix!!

Well done on getting back on track :) 4 weekly weigh ins sound good - should show bigger losses, and boost motivation. You've been doing brilliantly.

Good morning!!

Sorry I have been a bit awol lately... things have been a little hectic but I have been very good food wise and feel like I am right back on the wagon and in the driving seat!! A couple of updates for you, life-wise. First of all, Calum and I applied for another live-in position at a caravan holiday park about a 50 min drive from where he stays right now. That was on Tuesday morning and we got the phone call that night inviting us for an interview on Friday. Or so we thought... they only actually interviewed Calum when we got there and had no clue who I was!! I felt so humiliated and angry. We applied as a couple with our cover letter and CVs all attached in one document via email. Turns out the park manager chose to separate our CVs and forward them to the bar manager who obviously wasn't interested in me, only Calum. Horrible mix up. I felt sick with anxiety as it was without that happening.
Anyway, they offered Calum the job but he has declined it because the idea was we would be able to live together again. Urgh.

In better, much more fabulous news I got offered a place to do primary teaching post grad!! After being put on the waiting list post-interview in January, a place opened up and I am in. I am soooooo happy/shocked/excited/nervous. Course starts mid-August. So yeah. That beats the crap out of not getting some poxy holiday park job. Haha.

Food stuffs:

B - Banana, orange, raspberry and strawberry smoothie 300
L - French toast with ketchup 327
D - Baked potato with tuna mayo and side salad 537

Others: 2 litres water, snack - banana and yoghurt 200 cal
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central

Total calories: 1,364

Not a bad wee day.I always forget to put my dog-walking down as exercise - mainly cause I don't see it that way I guess. But I do have 2 lovely terriers that enjoy their walkies and it looks like a nice day outside so think they will have an extra looooong one this afternoon :).

Oooo, 5 weeks til Benidorm! Have decided I probably won't quite be bikini-ready by then but I will be tankini-ready haha. I was worried I would have to fork out an obscene amount for swimwear from Bravissimo but my mum let me try on her tankini (size 16) from Matalan and it actually gives me enough support to feel comfortable in and it only cost her £6 (for the top):

IMAG1426.jpg
But I reckon I will get the 18 to control the side boob a little better haha. And I need to start doing pushups to get rid of the bingo wings but hey ho!

Anyhoo, this is a long ass update so I am off for now!

Over and Out!

Good to see you back again. And good luck with the teaching. :)

Thank you both :)

Unfortunately, my meal plans aren't all that inspiring haha. I stick to what I know mainly but it's working for me!

So good to see you back - firstly HORRIBLE holiday park - you are far too good for them anway!

WELL DONE ON THE TEACHER TRAINING PLACE - you will make a brilliant teacher

Wolf-Whistles - bikini bod!!! you have it - honestly - you will be shocked at the shapes and sizes on the beach - nobody takes a blind bit of notice so wear what you feel comfy in!

Well

Done you !!!

You look fab in your tanking and Donna is right there are all sorts on holiday all too busy worrying about there wobbly bits to worry about ours xx

with those "assets" i'd be surprised if anyone took a blind bit of notice to lumps and bumps elsewhere. PHWOAR!

you will make a fantastic teacher!

Thank you everyone :).

Good afternoon!

I would have been on here yesterday but I had a busy day - was out from 9am collecting nephew to babysit, then out at Matalan getting holiday stuff, then went for lunch with my mum, aunt & nephew (I was good, I had the vegetable soup & half a chicken salad baguette thingy!) then was at my sister's for dinner. She made Moroccan Chicken & Chorizo stew with spicy cous-cous. Team that with my morning smoothie and my calorie count was within limits no probs :). I ended up getting a green halterneck style tankini top with white polkadots and plain green bikini bottoms from Matalan aaaand I also found quite a nice tankini-style halterneck one-piece swimsuit in Asda that I feel very comfortable in. So, no bikinis this year but that's only because there were none I really liked :p.

Today I have been babysitting my nephew again but he's gone now so thought I'd steal a wee chance to update before I head out again in an hour or so. I'm meeting up with my cousin (who is also trying to lose weight) and we are going to go a nice long walk around a lake nearby.

Today's food:

B - Banana, orange, raspberry and strawberry smoothie 300
L - Toast and beans 250
D - Chicken stirfry 550

Others: 2 litres water, snack - banana and yoghurt 200 cal
Exercise: Approx 2 hour walk, 40 mins of which will be up a steep hill on my way home!

Total calories: 1,300
So that leaves me some calories if I fancy a hot choc later or something...

My monthly joy finally appeared on Monday by the way!! Even though the pregnancy test said negative I was still so relieved in case it had been a dud test or something hahaha. Apparently the pill I was last on can cause these side effects upon stopping it and it could take 6 - 12 months for everything to be normal again!! I'm just gonna have to hope and pray I don't have to deal with lady stuff on my holiday. :( Sorry bout the overshare :P

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Over and Out!

IMAG1441.jpg

Here is the one-piece I got! Excuse the tired/makeup-less face haha. I had to get this in an 18 for the boobage area so I'm hoping it will still fit come June 4th! I figured it'd be ok cause swimsuit material is quite elasticated so hoping no matter what I lose by then it'll still spring and stick, if that makes sense? The best thing is the fact it is a tankini style so I can wear it with my crop trousers one night and just have the tankini part hanging out :D

Love that polka dot just been bikini trying my self and am in a quandary of do I but now or try and wait it out till closer to hols ( September) nd hope they haven't sold out of my sizes

Love the swimwear! And well done on keeping on track whilst so busy. Have fun tonight :)

Hiya the tankini looks really nice! I think it should still fit nicely in June, i bought a swimsuit last year i had to get a big enough size for my bum to fit in, but im not overly blessed in the boob department so it was a bit lose around my chest but because its that stretchy clingy material it clung to my chest enough that it didn't fall down lol so you should be fine with it still fitting :) enjoy your walk x x

Does it really support your breasts? x

Panda - both the one-piece and the actual tankini I bought support my breasts really well. They have inbuilt support parts (non-underwired so comfy!) at that area and I could detach the halterneck part to wear them strapless but I would be worried about popping out if I did that haha.

Back