A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Had every intention of updating properly yesterday but ended up having a massive argument/fall out with my dad and went to stay at my sister's. I am back home now and we are just going to forget all about it etc but atmosphere still feels awkward. :( Also, was meant to be going to a 25th Wedding Anniversary party tonight (my little sister's inlaws) but my mum has been ill (sickness bug she thinks) and is no longer going so I'll have to go on my own. My little sister will be there when I get there but I feel sick about the thought of having to walk in to the venue on my own and try to find her. I've text to see if she can meet me outside but she's at the vow re-new ceremony thingy just now then going for a sit down meal after before the night reception so not sure if she'll have time to even look at her phone. But I can't let her down and not turn up because her partner's side of the family are horrible to her and I just feel like she'll be getting left out and b*tched about all day...gonna need to just pluck up the courage to get over this silly anxiety.

Hope everything goes ok. I'm sure when you get there it'll be fine - sometimes the waiting is the most nervewracking part!

In my experience, its always better then you'll imagine. I feel for her though, my exes parents tookmhis inheriences off him whilst he dated me... :/

Thanks guys. I went in the end and my sis met me outside anyway so it was all good :). & Panda, that is awful :(. The old saying is true though - you can choose your friends, not your family! haha.

Will be back later to update properly. Off for a nosy through all your lovely diaries first!

Morning!

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! Mines got off to a rotten start with the argument with my dad but since then has been alright. The wedding anniversary do on Saturday night was fun and yesterday I went a wander round Glasgow with my friend and for some dinner. Haven't been on plan too well this weekend but haven't been majorly bad either, no total blow outs and definitely redeemable by next weigh in so not gonna beat myself up too much over it.

Having said that, it's only 4 weeks tomorrow til my holiday so I really need to start blitzing it and keep 100% on track. So that starts from today!

My menu:

B - Frosties & semi skimmed milk 147
L - Ham & tomato sandwich on white bread 274
D - Roast chicken, potatoes, carrots, peppers, syn-free roasties 526

Others: 2 litres water, snack - banana and yoghurt 200 cal
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central

Total calories: 1,147

I've run low on fruit but dad will bring some in later so I might have a fruit smoothie for supper just to make up my calories. Gonna rope mum into some Dance Central today too since she's off work :D

Over and Out!

Definitely!! I already bought a tankini set and a swimsuit that do fit but I want to feel more comfortable in them so I know what I have to do! hehe xx

30 Day Shred - is it worth it? I was debating trying to do this from today and have had a wee nosy round the internet, looking at reviews, before & after pictures etc. But to be honest, I do not envy Jillian Michael's body at all. I don't want a washboard tummy effect or anything like that.

Obviously I wouldn't get that if I did the shred for the next month cause I still have a bit of flab to lose and I know I really should be trying to tone up as I go along (my bingo wings are testament to that!) but I'm scared that if I start using the 30 Day Shred as a form of exercise that it will alter my body shape too much and drag me into the realm of a muscly girl which I just do not want to be.

Plus, what happens after the 30 Days? Do you just keep doing it forever? I assume if you just stop you'll probably go back to being flabby/not toned. I don't want to buy into something I'm going to be stuck doing for the rest of my days for fear of becoming flabby and saggy again.

Are there any alternatives that are more cardio-based, less muscle building/strength/toning based?

Stuff it. Decided to try it anyway and have just finished my first Level 1 work out. I did the whole thing but had to stop halfway through for a pee break haha (all that water I'm drinking!!). I am proud of myself for doing it as it was by no means an easy feat and I feel better for it. So I think I'll stick with it and see what happens.

IMAG1497.jpg

Post-workout. I don't know if you can tell but there are beads of sweat on my forehead haha. And everywhere else - I feel all gross but good!

I think you'd like a fb page called fuller figure, fuller bust. Its ran by a blogger who celebrates every womens size snd shape. X

Just had a look at the FB page - definitely my kind of thing, thanks for the recommendation!

Also, I feel I should point out that although I do not want the type of toned/athletic body of Jillian Michaels, I do admire it and feel inspired - each to their own and all that. It's just not my own personal end goal. I don't feel that type of body would suit me and I doubt I'd feel happy or comfortable with it but to anyone who has this body or ambition to get a body like it then good for them and good luck!

Afternoon lovely people!

I have just finished Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred! I woke up this morning with my muscles seriously aching and was wondering if I would manage to do the workout at all haha. But I *pushed through the pain* etc and came out the other end even more gross and sweaty than yesterday. The insides of my elbows had sweat on them hahaha. I think I will definitely stick with it, it seemed to go by so quickly today but that doesn't mean it wasn't tough. It's just convenient to have a workout that doesn't take up too much of the day. I'll probably substitute Dance Central with this now but still do DC 3 times a week. So every second day I'll be doing 30DS and Dance Central :).

My Food today:

B - Banana, orange and strawberry smoothie 290
L - Toast & heinz low fat macaroni cheese 307
D - Sauasge, mash & mushy peas 472

Others: 2 litres water, strawberries, yoghurt + fat free mini meringue nests = 150 cal.
Exercise: 30 Day Shred, 30 mins of Dance Central.

Total calories: 1,219

Even with my added snack (see others above) I am going to be a little under calories today. Plus I will have burned X amount between the 30DS and Dance Central so that gives me a little leeway to maybe have a bigger helping of mash at dinner or something.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok today.

Over and Out!

Hey, I tried 30DS last year, it is so tough! i only managed 2-3 days though as i've got a problem with my back and i just couldn't do it without being in agony with my back so had to give it up, but the results from what i've seen on the net are really good! whats dance central? not heard of that one before..

hope your having a good week :D

Hey, I have a dodgy knee but so far so good with the 30DS. It twinges a little but I just try to accommodate so it doesn't flare up. Dance Central is basically the X-Box version of the Wii's Just Dance haha. Except it's a little bit trickier, for me anyway.

Just gonna tally up my calories for today and will be back with a proper update :)

B - Banana, orange and strawberry smoothie 290
L - Turkey and tomato on white roll, thin slice jamaica ginger cake 439
D - Chicken & bacon filled pasta with chopped tomatoes 576

Others: 2 litres water, = 150 cal, 1 packet McCoy's Salted crisps at 170 cal
Exercise: 30 Day Shred

Total calories: 1,475

However, my exercise will have burned some calories plus I walked around town for a bit earlier on a mission to find those exfoliation mitt thingies so my legs are all smoothy smooth for going on holiday haha. So I might be naughty later and have some frozen yoghurt - just a small scoop, mind! Can't believe I have managed 3 days of this 30 Day Shred malarkey. I think I might add a bit in my signature for it.

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

Over and Out!

Morning everyone!

I have just realised the way I format my font size makes it appear reaaallly tiny on google chrome but a good size on firefox so I am gonna start using a bigger font size from now on so sorry if this now looks huge on firefox!haha. In weight-related news, I decided to scale hop this morning which did absolutely no good whatsoever because my scales seem to be royally f*cked! I weighed 3 times and was everything from 11st 1 to 12st 8 so I am not going by them on Saturday! My wee sis pinched my expensive fancy scales while I was working away so I will see if I can weigh myself on those on Saturday. Although it is my wee cousin's Communion that day so I may need to weigh a day early/late.

In the mean time, I decided to compare my measurements (that I was *supposed* to be taking every 2 weeks) from last time I took them (end of March!!). The results aren't great so I think I definitely have gained some:

Bust - Back up to 44.5" (from the 44" last time I measured) but my underbust measurement is down to 32.5" from 34"!
Waist - Still 34"
Hips - Down to 41.2" (from the 42" last time I measured)
Arms - Still 12"
Thighs - Down to 25" (from the 26" last time I measured)

I'm trying to tell myself it's not all bad, I have lost a tiny bit and I'm attributing the slight gain at the bust to my pec muscles maybe becoming more formed with this 30DS stuff? And my flabby bottom belly bit at the hips is still shrinking :). I will be back later to update with food stuffs.

Over and Out!

Back