A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Hello everyone :)
Just finished Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred! I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days so found it quite difficult even though it was day 10! I'm hoping I can cope with starting Level 2 tomorrow but if it's too much I might just have to ease myself in to it slowly. Not sure what's going on with me, keep waking up with itchy eyes, sniffly nose and breaking out in hives across my face/neck/chest. I'm guessing it's hayfever but I have never been troubled with it before, at least not to this extent!

B - Banana, summer fruits and orange smoothie 319
L - Tomato & basil soup + ham and tomato sandwich 355
D - Cheese & tomato omelette 450

Others: 2 litres water
Exercise: 30 Day Shred

Total calories:1,124

Gonna be ended a little on the low side, calorie-wise today. I could chuck in a few Alpen Light bar but that'd only bring me up to 1,264 so still a little under the 1,400 mark. And I'm out of fruit, finished that with this morning's smoothie and can't do any food shopping til tomorrow. Guess I'll just have to end low - or have a glass of milk, or something!

In other news, it'll be my little nephew Kai's 1st birthday in a little over a month! I ordered his pressies today - Thomas the Tank raincoat & wellie boots. I know it's coming into summer but it is Scotland we stay in, after all! Plus that's what my sis said he needed. She's taking care of the toys - she's totally spoiling him. A wee swing, a chute, a washing machine, a hoover, goodness knows what else haha. He is obsessed with the washing machine and hoover at the moment.

Hope you are all having a good day. Not long til the weekend is here again!!

Over and Out!

B - Jumbo oats with semi-skimmed milk & fresh strawberries, 1 glass orange juice 277
L - Boiled egg & 1 slice white toast 171
D - Tuna pasta with light mayo 398

Others: 2 litres water, alpen light bar at 70 cal and strawberries at 40 cal.

Total calories: 956

Ended up having a dinner change of heart last night so to up my calories I had piri piri chicken and ham&cheese filled pasta with a side of coleslaw (704 calories) and 1 alpen light bar (70 cal) so my total for yesterday was a little over at 1448 but I did do the Shred so it's all good. I can't really help but have a low day today as I am using what's left in the fridge/cupboards. I can add in a cup a soup and/or more jumbo oats if I am hungry later but I don't want to over-stuff just for the sake of making up my calorie quota. Having said that, I'll probably end up hungry later anyway haha.

Just about to start Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred so I will report back with how that goes....eek!

​Over and Out!

Jeeso, Level 2 of the 30DS is quite a step up!! I struggled quite a bit and had to take a short break between circuits two and three. I'm hoping it will get easier... I'm going to stick with it because Level 1 was getting a little too comfortable for my liking.

good on you for sticking it out not many people would. i hope to progress through the stages as my weight goes down. i Dont do the 30 days as also go swimming and go to gym. maybe this step uo to level 2 will make a difference on your measurements.

Sarah xx

Your doing really well keeping on track. well done for moving up to level 2!

Hello & happy Friday!!

Although being currently unemployed means all my days get sort of jumbled and I'm just on a very extended long weekend haha. On the job front, the pub that my boyfriend works in are able to give me a job over summer. There are pros & cons:

Pros:
1. I get to live with Calum for summer 2. I get to sign off and don't have to deal with the crappy job centre any more!
Cons 1. It's a zero hour contract 2. I don't drive & they also staff a golf club which is difficult to get to.

It's con number 2 that is the biggy. The pub is only a few doors down from Calum's so if I was just working there it would be fine. And on the days I start before Calum/he's off he could always drive me to the golf club. But the tricky part comes if they want me/him working the same shift but me in the golf club, him in the pub etc. I would like to think they would take my non-driving status into consideration but I also don't want to be taken on out of pity and be a burden making rotas a bit more difficult etc. We shall see!

B - Jumbo oats with semi-skimmed milk & golden syrup!!, 1 glass orange juice 361
L - French toast with ketchup 327
D - Chicken & bacon filled pasta with side salad 559

Others: 2 litres water,strawberries at 40 cal.
Exercise: 30 Day Shred & Dance Central

Total calories: 1,287

Not gonna lie, there are raspberry doughnuts in the fridge that my dad brought in last night that are *screaming* to be eaten but so far I am resisting.
:ignore:

Over and Out!

Can't advise you on job front really, but hope you make the right decision. Well done on resisting those doughnuts! not sure i could manage that 1 - am starving, but there's no food apart from breakfast cereal! shopping day it is :(

It'd tide me over til I start my PGDE in August but it wouldn't be worth it unless I was getting enough hours to match/exceed my job seekers. Obviously getting to live with Calum for summer outweighs any money stuff but y'know. I'm going down to his on Wednesday for a week so I guess I can speak to his boss then. I guess I couldn't start til after my holiday now anyway.

In other news, here is a non-dress picture from the side! Wearing leggings & a top. The buddha belly is slowly but surely going!

IMAG1636.jpg

Think the lighting is also in my favour with this pic but hey ho. I'm getting there!

The job thing is a toughie, I would deffo have a chat and see how they can organise rota's and bits to help.

Food looks great! I had a dozen of the pesky little sugary, jammy filled evil's staring me in the face this morning. The funny thing is before I started this I never ate anything at the bakery. Now I'm eating better I want it all! haha Sod's law! I need to see them as little piles of money not little piles piles of yummy! haha!

Have a great day, here to follow.
x

great attitude Erin. so glad you can see the difference in yourself. so often others will notice as you lose, but you fail to see in yourself. so well done :D

B - Banana, orange and strawberry smoothie 290
L - Turkey and tomato on white roll, thin slice jamaica ginger cake 439
D - Chicken & bacon filled pasta with chopped tomatoes 576

Others: 2 litres water, = 150 cal, 1 packet McCoy's Salted crisps at 170 cal

Total calories: 1,475

However, my exercise will have burned some calories plus I walked around town for a bit earlier on a mission to find those exfoliation mitt thingies so my legs are all smoothy smooth for going on holiday haha. So I might be naughty later and have some frozen yoghurt - just a small scoop, mind! Can't believe I have managed 3 days of this 30 Day Shred malarkey. I think I might add a bit in my signature for it.

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

Over and Out!

Just found your diary! U gave into the filled pasta lol x

Thank you guys!

& yes, I did indeed succumb to the filled pasta. They are mighty calorific but I have developed a taste for them haha! x

B - Jumbo oats with semi-skimmed milk, strawberries & golden syrup, 1 glass orange juice 401
D - Roast chicken with Meditteranean veg 600

Total calories: 1,328

Closest I've been to my calorie target lately! However, I have a flat warming to attend tonight at my cousin & her partner's new place. My sister has kindly got us a bottle of rose wine each!! I rarely drink so have decided I'm not going to deny myself but will try and limit myself to half a bottle. I will also try and have a few low cal days to try and compensate. Judge me if you will but I enjoy a wee tipple when me, my sis and my cousin get together. My cousin is only 6 months older than me and my sis is only a year and 9 months younger than me so we all grew up quite closely :).

In other news, I got 3 packages in the post today! I got excited and thought 1 had to be my new wig but alas, none of them were. It was the bolero shrugs I ordered me and mum for our hols and 2 new bras. However, I guestimated the size of the bras in the hope that I will be around that size for my hols. The band size is spot on but the cup size is currently 2/3 sizes too small. So I have no clue what I was thinking, I go on holiday in 2.5 weeks...what are my chances of fitting in them by then? They were bargains on ebay so I am gonna hang on to them but if they don't fit come the week of my holiday I will need to fork out for a few that do. I'm currently still wearing my 36 bands which are gaping and slipping all over the place now :(.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, despite the weather!

Over and Out!

B - Jumbo oats with semi-skimmed milk, strawberries & golden syrup, 1 glass orange juice 401
D - Roast chicken with Meditteranean veg 600

Total calories: 1,328

Closest I've been to my calorie target lately! However, I have a flat warming to attend tonight at my cousin & her partner's new place. My sister has kindly got us a bottle of rose wine each!! I rarely drink so have decided I'm not going to deny myself but will try and limit myself to half a bottle. I will also try and have a few low cal days to try and compensate. Judge me if you will but I enjoy a wee tipple when me, my sis and my cousin get together. My cousin is only 6 months older than me and my sis is only a year and 9 months younger than me so we all grew up quite closely :).

In other news, I got 3 packages in the post today! I got excited and thought 1 had to be my new wig but alas, none of them were. It was the bolero shrugs I ordered me and mum for our hols and 2 new bras. However, I guestimated the size of the bras in the hope that I will be around that size for my hols. The band size is spot on but the cup size is currently 2/3 sizes too small. So I have no clue what I was thinking, I go on holiday in 2.5 weeks...what are my chances of fitting in them by then? They were bargains on ebay so I am gonna hang on to them but if they don't fit come the week of my holiday I will need to fork out for a few that do. I'm currently still wearing my 36 bands which are gaping and slipping all over the place now :(.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, despite the weather!

Over and Out!

I definately don't judge a little tipple! I'm normally completely smashed at least twice a month lol x

you deserve a little tipple your doing very well its not as if you indulge all the time.

is it bad weather in Scotland? fir once its sunny and dry in Wales even had a walk in the beach today.

have a good night.

Sarah xx

Hello!!

So, the half a bottle of wine turned in to a full bottle and one jager bomb! But on the plus side, I didn't have a drunken munchy so nothing to add to Saturday's food-list. I was a little worse for wear yesterday so my Sunday food intake was half a roll with ham & tomato, a cup of tea with 2 blue ribband biscuits, a carton of orange juice (good ol' vitamin C!), a youghurt&fruit breakfast bar, a granola bar and tatties, gammon & peas for dinner! Np clue about calorie count but hopefully it will be within 1400. I also couldn't do the 30 Day Shred yesterday for fear of throwing up so I've already did it once this morning and will do it again this evening to catch up!

Today's food:

B - Warm weetabix with banana 273
L - Ham, tomato & light mayo roll 280
D - Tuna pasta salad 469

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 99cal

Total calories: 1,121

So I will probably have a few cereal bars or another banana to up the calories towards 1,400. 2 weeks tomorrow til I go on holiday so just hoping to lose as many lbs as I can by then. I had hoped to be at target, or closer to it by now but I am actually feeling quite good about myself and realise that I will be at target by my birthday in October if I stick with it so hoping to stay positive - and not put on too much when the holiday does arrive!

Hope you all had a good weekend. :)

Over and Out!

I don't think we realise when we starting dieting how long it takes to get to target, I think you've done brilliant and should feel so proud and you've got plenty of time to get to target for your birthday, maybe plan something special to do. But I think your going feel great when you hit the beach in your new swim wear and the last photo your stomach is looking so slim :)

Back