A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

B - Special K creamy berry with ss milkc 205
L - 4 breaded chicken goujons, salad, coleslaw & beetroot salad 473
D - ham+cheese filled pasta with tomato and paprika sauce 500
S - Banana 105

Total = 1283

Dad is taking care of dinner tonight so I will update later with whatever it is. He mentioned the possibility of pork stir-fry last night. We never have noodles with our stir-fries, only ever the meat & the veg plus some sauce/seasoning that my dad usually makes from scratch. I should be within calories whatever we have since I re-started the 30 Day Shred today and plan on doing 30 mins of Dance Central and a heap of housework to boot! Figured I really need to up my exercise to start seeing changes since I've not made any real significant progress the last 3 months! I had hoped to be in to the 11s or even the 10s by now so need to start working harder to get there!

Last edited:
I've added the 30 Day Shred to my signature to keep track. Day 1, Level 1 complete. I'm also going to be doing 30 mins of Dance Central over the next 30 days too so added that to my signature too.

My only foreseen problem is the fact I am going to Dundee this Fri-Tue. I'm not leaving til the afternoon though so I can do my exercises in the morning on Friday and I can do them when I return in the evening on Tuesday. So it's really just the Sat/Sun/Mon that's the problem. I am staying with my friend Eva on the Friday night and I am sure she has an Xbox so I can take Dance Central with me and maybe we can both have some dancing fun on the Saturday morning :). Calum is coming up on the Saturday evening and we are both staying with his friends for the rest of the weekend. Maybe they will have an Xbox too!

Either way, I'll do plenty of walking to compensate. And I'll try and be my best food-wise. Eva, myself & my friend Lynsay are going out for lunch on the Saturday. Not sure where yet but wherever we end up I will opt for salad over chips as a side and try to select as healthy an option as I can!

B - Slice of toast (small kingsmill wholemeal) with light dairylea spread & muller light 207
L - Ham & tomato sandwich on wholemeal bread with light mayo & muller light 325
D - Ham & Cheese filled pasta with tomato & paprika sauce 500
S - Alpen light bar 70

Total = 1,125

I think the pork stir-fry might be for tonight's dinner now as I ended up seeing to myself last night as my dad had to work late. But I'm not entirely sure so I will update afterwards. In fact, he usually takes my little sister grocery shopping on Tuesday nights so it could be that I am seeing to myself again... at least I can ask him to get me some fruit while he's at the supermarket tonight since we are out of it completely! If it comes to it, I might just have the other half of the pasta pack from last night and be boring and make the same sort of sauce. Either way, I seem to be unintentionally low calorie-wise today plus I've still to do my 30 Day Shred & 30 mins of Dance Central which will burn around 300-400 calories. Hmm... may need to chomp on some fruit when dad brings it home later tonight. Or have another yoghurt or alpen bar or something!!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Last edited:
I honestly do not remember my muscles aching this much doing the 30 Day Shred before. Maybe it's because I am doing Dance Central alongside it too. I do spread them out during the day, I don't do one after the other, I'm not that crazy! I am hoping this will really help make a though. I might go back to weekly weigh ins but only officially update my signature every 4 weeks.

Thanks girls! I'll need to take a break this weekend while visiting friends as I don't really fancy doing it in front of them but I'll catch up when I'm back home :).

& I'm not sure where this wee burst of motivation has come from but I am holding on to it for dear life haha! x

You do so well with eating, hardly any snacks. The majority of my cals are snacks lol x

That's cause I know if I start having 'bad' snacks, I'll find it hard to stop haha :p x

B - Strawberries, banana & orange smoothie 276
L - Homemade minestrone soup & muller light yoghurt 298
D - Mince, tatties & peas 463
S - Alpen light bar 90Leftover smoothie 100 Muller light 99

Total = 1,326

Today I have walked 2.5 miles and will be doing my 30 mins of Dance Central and the 30 Day Shred so will have burned off a fair whack of calories - around 600 or so approx. I know I should probably eat my exercise calories back but I find it hard to do that if I don't feel particularly hungry.

I had some euros left over from my holiday so I got them changed back to sterling today and treated myself to some new clothes. Got a lovely white cotton dress, black & white vertical striped leggings and a black floaty see-through top with a frilly pattern at the top - all in size 14! Very pleased about that. I'll be glad when I can buy size 14 zip/button up trousers too right enough...leggings are a different story obviously haha.

Hope everyone else is having a good day :) x

Hi erin you've found your rythum again. Hope i can too soon need to get this week gone first!.

I cant wait to be happy bout going clothes shopping again. I always found next 14 to be more true size than places like topshop and high street stores. I hate the stretch jeans you get in plus sizes in new look plus the groin is always down by my knees ... Ha not attractive. I either must have short legs or they think as they are plus size you need to wear a waist under your boobs!!

Where do you like to shop?

Sarah xx

I'm sure you'll get back in to the swing of things soon... just need some time!

I'm usually a Primark home-bunny and sometimes New Look, Matalan or George. I find Next too expensive (I am currently unemployed :() but I'll be able to broaden my shopping when I qualify as a teacher next year and actually have a good, steady income :)! So perhaps I can give Next a wee try then.

Oh god, those stretch jeans sound awful! It's maxi dresses I have a problem with - any one I pick up I feel like it was meant for someone who is about 6ft! I'm not even that much shorter than the average! I'm technically 5ft 2.5 but I always round up to 5ft 3 haha. I'm actually one of the tall ones in my family - my mum and aunts are all 5ft and under so they get away with shopping in the petite sections but I'm sort of inbetween so it gets really annoying shopping for trousers sometimes!

xx

B - Strawberries, banana & orange smoothie 306
L - Homemade minestrone soup & muller light yoghurt 367
D - Spaghetti Bolognese 500
S - 2 glasses of rose wine 146

Total = 1,321

I've been 100% all week and have decided to accept my little sister's offer of dinner & sharing a bottle of rose wine at hers tonight. I'm still under calories and I have burned a whack off with the 30DS and Dance Central so I'm letting my hair down a little :p

Off to Dundee today til Tuesday visiting friends so won't be updating over the weekend. Will try my best to be good food-wise and get at least a little exercise in too!! Hope you all have a fabby weekend yourselves :) x

hey, even an hour of walking around the shops will burn you 260-ish cals :)

I know, I know - I have been terrible at updating!! Had a bit of family drama and have been at Calum's since Wednesday and will be staying here til Tuesday.
Good news is, I've been so on-track with the healthy eating & exercise this week! I even got Calum to try the 30 Day Shred with me but he copped out half way through the 2nd circuit and opted for a run on the treadmill in stead - I pushed through to the end though. Not sure why he found it so difficult?! I'm going to have a run on the treadmill in a bit and see if it is easier haha.

B - Cinnamon oats-so-simple with skimmed milk & a banana+blueberry muffin 350
L - Tuna + light mayo sandwich on white bread with lettuce, peppers, red onion, spring onion 350
D - Homemade Chilli chicken curry with rice 500
S - Homemade chocolate mousse berry pot 160

Total = 1,360

Plus I will do the 30 Day Shred and have a wee run on the treadmill too. Oh, here are the banana & blueberry muffins I made:

882256_10151543284856188_510859919_o.jpg

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Aaaaaah, I need to up my game!! Had a wee wobble the last few days while at Calum's - mainly cause he works in a pub and I was bored so went to keep him company last night which lead to a few fruit ciders and some crisps & choc :( :(

Back home now and think I just need a good, clean run at a) exercising as planned!!! and b) being more strict with my calorie counting. I just want my next weigh in (12 days time!!) to see me back in to the 11s!!

I bet its hard when you've gotta split your time and adapt your routine. Im sure you can do it kick your 12 day plan into action.

Does your bf come stay with you atall?

Sarah xx

He does but it is easier for me to go to him most of the time as he works scattered shift patterns whereas I am currently unemployed!!

Off to a good start today anyway with the ol' smoothie routine. Going to walk in to town later (2 miles) and get my mum something for her birthday tomorrow. Thinking new slippers & some jewellery. Gonna meet my little sis after work too so we don't clash with presents!!

Not sure about lunch/dinner yet. Probs just grab a ham salad sandwich in a min before heading into town.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

did you get some new bits shopping ?? Inam

Going to attempt a short walk today the weather is so tiring

Back