A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Slimming World class start has been delayed by a week - joining this Monday in stead.
Have still been trying to stay on track though not 'syning' yet. Plus my TOTM is here and I am an actual chocolate fiend when it's around. Managed to keep it limited right enough - since Sunday I've only had 1 Mars Bar, 1 Orange Club biscuit and 2 squares of Dark Chocolate. Trust me, this is very good for me haha.

Today's food menu:

B - 1 slice wholemeal toast with light dairylea, handful of strawberries
L - Ham salad roll, low fat strawberry yogurt
D - Homemade mince, tatties & carrots
Snacks - Low fat apricot yogurt, more strawberries

Approx - 1300 calories

I'm also a wee bit sad today as it would have been my graduation day if I hadn't failed my final teaching placement :(. Just got to make sure I smash the retrieval placement in September and make it to the November graduation ceremony!!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Food menu today:

B - strawberries, pineapple & low fat yogurt
L - french toast
D- Tuna pasta salad
Snacks - apple, low fat raspberry yogurt, cup of tea & blue ribband biccie

Approx - 1300 calories

I'm up 2lb this week but it is my TOTM and I am bloaty as hell. Hopefully be back to 12st 10 (or less!) by the time I hop on the Slimming World scales on Monday night - eek!
I'm at that stage where I really need a new bra but I don't want to shell out for a new one just yet as my size will inevitably change as I lose weight and bras cost a fortune! So I'll manage with what I've got for now...already had to stitch the wire back in on my best one lol.

Hope you all have a great day x

Morning everyone.

Food menu today:

B - pineapple & banana topped with low fat peach yogurt (210kcal)
L - French toast (I have a taste for it now lol) (440kcal)
D - Baked sweet potato with oven-baked chicken breast in a homemade spicy sauce (500kcal)
Snacks - apple, grapes (150kcal)

Approx - 1300 calories

sunburn.jpg

In a bit of agony at the moment thanks to being sunburned on Tuesday. My own stupid fault, it was 20 odd degrees and I'm usually a factor 50 kinda girl on holiday abroad but I didn't have any suncream left :(. Been lathering after sun on it plus E45 cream and am going to get some Witch Hazel and natural yogurt today to try and help. I must say, it is getting better but still feels kinda 'raw'.

Think I'm gonna go through to Glasgow to stay with Calum for the weekend. I was just gonna leave it as he's coming through here next weekend but I miss him (even though it hasn't even been a week since I last saw him!). Think we're going out for one of his mate's birthdays tomorrow night to a comedy club. Here's a wee pic of us from last weekend - I never got a proper good pic of my wig/dress combo but I like this photo as it shows us having fun:

10404478_10152220415861188_6657292137706226725_n.jpg

Anyway, think I'll have a wee bit of a pamper day before heading through to Glasgow this evening. Nice mud face mask, shape my eyebrows, paint my nails etc. Might as well make the most of my Lady of Leisure status while I can haha.

Have a great start to your weekend folks x

Hello everyone...

As you can see I've updated my stats and added a ticker to show my whole weight loss journey so far. Even though I've more or less maintained (within half a stone) for the past 18 months I feel like I shouldn't take forgranted the fact I have actually lost a fair wee bit!

Food menu today:

B - Bacon & sausage roll (naughty!) 400 kcal
L - Ham salad 350kcal
D - Homemade tortilla pizzas with reduced fat mozerella & veg 500kcal
Snacks - red grapes 50kcal

Approx - 1300 calories

My water intake has been up the past few days too - woop!

Love the new ticker, and well done on upping the water! Hope you're feeling a bit brighter too :)

Hello :)

Definitely feeling better for drinking more water so will be keeping that up!!

I'm not sure if it was a subconscious last-blow-out cause I'm joining Slimming World tonight but I had a bit of a wobble yesterday which included sharing a share-size bag of Vice Versas and a 500ml tub of raspberry&vanilla frozen yogurt. Could have been worse I suppose...

Today's menu:

B - strawberries & banana topped with a peach low fat yogurt (200kcal)
L - toast & beans (300kcal)
D - grilled chicken, new potatoes & cabbage (400kcal)
Snacks - fruit (orange, honeydew melon)& strawberry low fat yogurt (200kcal)

Approx - 1100 calories

Finishing a little on the low side today but might have some extra cabbage and what not at dinner time to make up for it.

Reckon I'll come in around the 13st mark tonight when I get weighed. I usually weigh first thing in the morning with no clothes on! Plus I still have some TOTM bloat going on. Gonna try and not get too pegged down with the number on the scales though. Just focus on this as a fresh kick start to get things properly moving again.

Both my sister and my cousin are joining at the same time so we can help spur each other on :D

Hope you all had a good weekend x

Slimming World class is at 7.30pm so I'll be going on a kinda full tummy after dinner - but hey ho, will be weighing the same time every week now!

I found these old 'after' photos from when I did the Cambridge diet in 2006/7:

cd2.jpgcd4.jpg

I think I was around 9st 6lbs here then went on to lose another 7lbs. I always thought I'd never want to get as low as that again but looking at these pics I feel like I'm not sure now. Will see how I feel when I get to 10st and take it from there...

Ok so I am now officially a Slimming World member and sadly their scales show me as 13st 2.5 so stats updated accordingly and we'll go with that!!

Really enjoyed class and am determined to have a successful firstvweek. Already planned out my food & exercise for tomorrow. Willupdate in the morn.

I thought it was a fair size when I walked in and then it transpired that a lot more folk hadn't turned up that week so it is actually bigger than I first thought!!
I'm off to a good start today and feeling confident.

Food menu:

B - Fruit'n'Fibre cereal (HExB) with semi-skimmed milk (HExA) topped with banana
L - Tuna pasta with chopped peppers & tomatoes. 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns)
D- Homemade chicken dopiaza with rice. 1tbsp light olive oil (6 syns)
Other - tangerine, strawberries, honeydew melon topped with low fat strawberry yogurt (2 syns)
Glass of milk (rest of HExA option)

Total syns = 10 (my daily allowance)
Calories = 1,600!!

BUT, I'll be including some exercise which should knock that down to 1,400 approx. We'll go with it this week and see what happens. I've been sure to measure out my Healthy Extras and all.

My only problem day is going to be this Saturday. My family are throwing me and Calum an engagement BBQ (8 months after we actually got engaged like but a welcome event nonetheless hehe). It's not so much the food as me, Karen and Rachel are going to make Free Food stuff - it's the alcohol haha.

Hope you are all having a good day so far. x

More support from new friends then :)

Well done on your healthy and positive start to the day, I find that always helps :)

Ha ha I think I am lucky I don't drink as I can use my extra calories on chocolate ;)

I have started my day with a litre of no added sugar squash and just had lunch, which was the rest of my soup from yesterday with some dairylea on crackers, really tasty but feel so full now lol x

I didn't drink for a year and a half when I was 18/19 and I never really missed it. I always toy with the idea of going back to a life of sobriety but then it's not really a big vice of mine. Hmm...decisions!

Here's a picture of my yummy lunch from earlier:
IMG_20140708_122548.jpg

They say try to fill 1/3 of your plate with 'Superfree' foods on SW which I think I achieved here - plus the tomatoes and peppers add a nice bit of colour haha. x

Ah bums. Just realised the low fat yogurt I had with my fruit earlier is actually 2.5 syns so I am gonna be half a syn over for today. Hopefully that won't mess with things too much.

I'm going to stay with my sister tonight after dinner. Think we're going to take her puppy out for a nice long walk. :) Plus I attempted some of that Leslie Walk thingy earlier. Only managed the first 15 minutes which shows how bad my fitness has become again!

Ended up going for an hour long walk with my sis and her pup last night! Going to do the same again tonight I think. Plus I walked home earlier this morning (only took 15 mins but I made sure I kept up a brisk pace!)

No slip ups at all so far...hope it continues!

Food menu today:

B - 2 x weetabix (HExB) with ss-milk (HExA) and a tbsp of honey mixed in (2.5 syns)
L - Ham salad(incl. peppers & tomato) with a boiled egg
D- Tuna pasta with 1 light dairylea triangle mixed through (1.5 syns) & 1 tbsp of light mayo (2 syns) plus chopped peppers
Snacks - 1 x melba toast(1 syn) and 1 x crackerbread (2 syns), melon, strawberries, banana, tangerine topped with low fat rasp yogurt (2 syns)

Total syns = 10
Calories = 1,200

I'm feeling very positive about this Slimming World malarkey. I really hope I get a good result for my first week. For the BBQ on Saturday we are gonna make the following:

Me - syn-free burgers (we just won't have them in a roll!) & syn-free BBQ relish (& possibly some low-syn dessert!)
Karen (my sis) - syn-free chicken & veg kebabs
Rach (my cousin) - syn-free potato bake

That'll be plenty for us... we can all have a burger with relish and some salad, potato bake, chicken kebabs and a dessert mousse or something without feeling guilty :D

yum.jpg

Today's lunch - totally forgot to add the tomato!! But still got at least 1/3 of 'Superfree' foods on my plate and what's more the whole thing was pretty damn tasty :)

My dad is going to let me try some of his venison tonight (which is a free food so it's all good) to see if I like it. Just like a wee bite. I'll be sticking to my tried & tested pasta that I know I like haha.

Back