A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Some of the ladies in my class are not able to swim - the water is about chest height. Where I live we have an amazing pool with a moving floor so it can be put to any height - (well it is amazing until it breaks then they have to close the pool which it has done recently).

I went to both my classes on my own and lots of people do - give it go.

Hi Ladies. Here to subscribe, ex slimming world member and have succeeded with it in past but for flexibility & cost I decided to calorie count this time :D
I am hoping for a few good tips and ideas and feel free to look at my diary called Smurfette84s diary third time lucky lol xx

I'm gonna see if they have any aqua aerobics classes at my local pool then :)

Hello smurfette! I'm the opposite to you...been calorie counting & now trying Slimming World haha! x

I'm gonna see if they have any aqua aerobics classes at my local pool then :)

Hello smurfette! I'm the opposite to you...been calorie counting & now trying Slimming World haha! x

See I loved Slimming World and lost nearly 3 stone in 6 months but I hated having to syn jars of sauce etc so sometimes I went over my syns lol xx I have two kids so cooking from scratch to point of that is time consuming xx I still do take on there ways though like if I have cereals in morning I wont have bread at lunch and I try to have veg or fruit with every meal so my SW ways are still embedded in my brain lol xx At moment money is going on house we just moved into so trying to save where I can too x Good luck on your Slimming World journey xx

Yeah, it must be difficult when you have kids to consider - finding a spare minute isn't easy, I'm sure! That's good you have some SW rules embedded though as they are def useful tips.
I hate moving house! I've moved 7 times and each has been as stressful as the last! Hope you are getting settled :) x

Thank you :) Feeling geared up and ready to go for week 2 haha.

Food today:

B - 2 slice wholemeal toast (HExB) with beans and 30g cheddar cheese (HExA) sprinkled on top
L - Homemade tomato & basil pasta
D - cajun chicken with roasted peppers & onions
Snacks - strawberries, grapes, 1 x Rocky Road Hifi Light bar (3 syns), 4 x melba toast (2 syns) & 200ml semi-skimmed milk (5 syns)

Syns = 10
Calories = 1400 approx

I could eat melba toast like crisps btw. So tasty!

Yeah, it must be difficult when you have kids to consider - finding a spare minute isn't easy, I'm sure! That's good you have some SW rules embedded though as they are def useful tips.
I hate moving house! I've moved 7 times and each has been as stressful as the last! Hope you are getting settled :) x

We have moved 6 times lol once was only up street lol xx We have definitely found our dream house - granted its rented but its close to park, has a massive yard for kids to play footie and play on bikes. Even as a vegetable patch (well that's what im gonna use it for when I get it digged over lol). The house itself is huge with high ceilings, feels so homely compared to the other houses we were in xx

We have moved six times in the five years and a half years we have been together, mainly because we were students and then renting a couple of properties.

We are now settled in our flat that we purchased eighteen months ago, it has a huge garden and parking. we are still doing it up but we love it and finally feel at home :)

Glad to hear you guys have found homes to settle in :) I can't wait til me & Calum get our own wee place again. We'll be renting for a while but I don't mind that so long as we're together <3.

My dad is making spag bol tonight and I am gutted I can't have any. He's not using lean mince plus he puts streaky bacon bits through it, pffft. He also got garlic ciabatta bread and said I could have some with my own dinner. Obviously I'm passing on that!

When are you guys hoping to move in together in a place? x

Awww bless him, I am going to my sisters tonight (if moms operation doesn't get cancelled again) am going to eat dinner before i go and hopefully have a salad while we are at the hospital (hoping they do salad) and will take a tin of tomato soup to have in case i stay for dinner at her operation x

P.S i had soup for lunch today after i read your menu Lol, unfortunately mine was tinned but still yummy x

Hopefully be in our own place by Christmas. As soon as I've done my retrieval placement in September (and hopefully passed!) I can sign on the teaching supply list and we can start looking...be around the Glasgow area I think but not in the city centre.

Let us know how everything goes with the op!x

Glad to hear you guys have found homes to settle in :) I can't wait til me & Calum get our own wee place again. We'll be renting for a while but I don't mind that so long as we're together <3.

My dad is making spag bol tonight and I am gutted I can't have any. He's not using lean mince plus he puts streaky bacon bits through it, pffft. He also got garlic ciabatta bread and said I could have some with my own dinner. Obviously I'm passing on that!

Some Dad's can be quite inconsiderate. :D

Morning everyone :)

Got a slight spanner in the works today...it's my mum's birthday tomorrow so we are going out for lunch today since she has to work tomorrow. Me, mum, my 2 aunts and my wee nephew. I've tried to find the menu online but to no avail. I'm sure there will be something for me to choose but I'll just have to update when I get back.

Food so far:

B - banana, raspberries & nectarine topped with 2 low fat fruit yogurts (4 syns)
L - ???
D - ???

I do have 6 syns left at the minute to play with so chances are they'll be used up on lunch.

Back