A little advice please

seasons

HI, I am after a little advice, I am following a diet eating between 1200 and 1600 cals a day.
I wondered if anyone knew what is the calorie intake before your body goes in to starvation mode is. I always thought that providing you are not hungry then your body doesn't go into starvation mode and store fat.
I am worried that if I have 1200 cals per day for a few days and then have 1600 cals that the 400 cals would be stored as fat any ideas?

Work out your Basal Metabolic Rate (the calories your body needs to function) then follow the link to add on the level of exercise you do.

This will show you what you need daily. Any less than that will lead to fat loss.

BMR Calculator

It's not so much about calories to be honest. I've done a very low calorie diet where I had about 500 calories a day but it was a specially formulated diet and so you got all the nutrients you need. So no starvation mode. If I'd just eaten 500 calories of say... chicken, or anything, I wouldn't have got all the nutrients. So would go into starvation mode. So you need to look at all the vitamins and nutrients you need and build a diet around that.

Back