A little bit about you....

Becktoria79 said:
Haha Atomic I love your crush on Hamlet! That's ace! We should have a little forum with weird crushes, mine would be king Charles II he was a proper one in his day, and the moustache and long locks- swoon!

Yay ..start that forum up,we can post pics of our crushes lol

That's a good quote weemissnaughty. And seems really fitting from what you describe. I guess I have always been about the not fitting in rather than even trying. Even when I was really small I remember liking being different from other kids :/ I know its quite cliched but my favourite Hamlet quote is probably "the rest is silence" because its so powerful. The whole play he has this insatiable thirst to make sense of his experiences and feelings with words and in the end comes the realisation that they aren't enough. I guess that was something that struck a chord with me when I was a teenager.

Charles II was one of my favourites from my history A-level, Becks! Hamlet was just so sensitive and messed up - my perception of what my ideal bloke would be when 17. Can you tell I was a bit of a Manics fan??

Other wierd/ inappropriate crushes include Richard E Grant, David Bowie (this isn't inappropriate) and Anthony Steward Head (also shouldn't be viewed as inappropriate). I sound like i have a real thing for older men now don't i?? I really don't. Its only those 3. Honest.

Atomic when I was 14 I was massively obsessed with Jurassic Park and this included having a huge crush on Sam Neill who I still like even though he's well over 60! Jeff goldblum too, Martin clunes I love and I fancy robbie Coltrane when he is playing fitz in cracker! My friends have always thought I have weird taste in men although my boyfriend is very attractive by so called 'normal' standards.

I don't think I really have a type, although very tall, thin, indie boys was a 'thing' a few years back, I blame Jarvis cocker for that one and fab Morretti from the strokes, oh and nick zinnerfron the yeah yeah yeahs! It took a few bad boyfriends to realise it was all style over substance! Still love Jarvis though.

Atomic pink said:
That's a good quote weemissnaughty. And seems really fitting from what you describe. I guess I have always been about the not fitting in rather than even trying. Even when I was really small I remember liking being different from other kids :/ I know its quite cliched but my favourite Hamlet quote is probably "the rest is silence" because its so powerful. The whole play he has this insatiable thirst to make sense of his experiences and feelings with words and in the end comes the realisation that they aren't enough. I guess that was something that struck a chord with me when I was a teenager.

Charles II was one of my favourites from my history A-level, Becks! Hamlet was just so sensitive and messed up - my perception of what my ideal bloke would be when 17. Can you tell I was a bit of a Manics fan??

Other wierd/ inappropriate crushes include Richard E Grant, David Bowie (this isn't inappropriate) and Anthony Steward Head (also shouldn't be viewed as inappropriate). I sound like i have a real thing for older men now don't i?? I really don't. Its only those 3. Honest.

As a young kid i was always different... So then i got bullied and thats when i started trying to fit in.... I also love "to sleep perchance to dream" just sounds so haunting and beautiful

Oooh david bowie, i have to say im with you here! The labrynth is one of my favourite films (looove ludo!), my type is usually long hair, i lke tattoos and piercings too... My b. had long hair when i met him but he chopped it off because he was finding it hard to get a job and he was a but scared o telling me lol! X

Hey ladies,
I've plucked up the courage to join you all (after stalking the forums for a few weeks :D).
My name is Raynor, I'm 26 and from Dundee. I've been married for 5 years and we have three sproglets age 5,4 and 11 months. I'm currently a student midwife in my 2nd year, but i'm taking a break since having my wee boy last year (10 months maternity leave plus another gap year since i wasn't ready to go back). I love eating (too much), sleeping (not enough) and making things. mostly spend my free time browsing the internet (read pinterest addict!) and i also love personal style blogs.

I've been a member of minimins for about 4 years now. Basically i'd been overweight since i was a pre-teen but never done anything about it. Then i had my first two kids close together (only 1 year between them) at 20-22. So after my second daughter i weighted in at 166lb (i'm only 5ft 1") in June 2008 and slowly got down to 119lbs by April 2009 through WW and lots of exercise (you can see a before and after in my albums). I fell off the WW wagon but managed to keep my weight steady for about a year, until i started uni/placements and my weight crept back up to 135lbs by the end on 2010. At this point i found out i was pregant again, but didn't want to gain loads so i did slimming world during the preganncy and only gained 14lbs. My first week after baby i was 140lb which i found hard to shift as i was constantly hungry whilst b/feeding him. Once my hormones settled at 6 months the weight just seems to have come off naturally (i think continuing to b/feed has helped a lot) and I slowly reached 131lbs by June. I decided 3 weeks ago to make a final push down to 110lb and start exercising to build muscle and get rid of my flabby belly. I've been eating healthy (i.e avoiding biscuits and crisps) and got down to 123lbs last week but i went a bit mad this weekend and now i'm back up to 126lbs so decided to join SF to get some structure to my eating.

If you managed to get through that essay well done :p.

Last edited:
Welcome little red! :)

Wow already so low what's your goal weight? I'm always on minimins on my phone so can't see stats or signatures?

Oh and yay another scot I'm in glasgow! X

little*red said:
Hey ladies,
I've plucked up the courage to join you all (after stalking the forums for a few weeks :D).
My name is Raynor, I'm 26 and from Dundee. I've been married for 5 years and we have three sproglets age 5,4 and 11 months. I'm currently a student midwife in my 2nd year, but i'm taking a break since having my wee boy last year (10 months maternity leave plus another gap year since i wasn't ready to go back). I love eating (too much), sleeping (not enough) and making things. mostly spend my free time browsing the internet (read pinterest addict!) and i also love personal style blogs.

I've been a member of minimins for about 4 years now. Basically i'd been overweight since i was a pre-teen but never done anything about it. Then i had my first two kids close together (only 1 year between them) at 20-22. So after my second daughter i weighted in at 166lb (i'm only 5ft 1") in June 2008 and slowly got down to 119lbs by April 2009 through WW and lots of exercise (you can see a before and after in my albums). I fell off the WW wagon but managed to keep my weight steady for about a year, until i started uni/placements and my weight crept back up to 135lbs by the end on 2010. At this point i found out i was pregant again, but didn't want to gain loads so i did slimming world during the preganncy and only gained 14lbs. My first week after baby i was 140lb which i found hard to shift as i was constantly hungry whilst b/feeding him. Once my hormones settled at 6 months the weight just seems to have come off naturally (i think continuing to b/feed has helped a lot) and I slowly reached 131lbs by June. I decided 3 weeks ago to make a final push down to 110lb and start exercising to build muscle and get rid of my flabby belly. I've been eating healthy (i.e avoiding biscuits and crisps) and got down to 123lbs last week but i went a bit mad this weekend and now i'm back up to 126lbs so decided to join SF to get some structure to my eating.

If you managed to get through that essay well done :p.

Ohh I get a first then ;0) hi and welcome! Glad you have joined us,will you be doing a sf diary for us to join?Sf is great,hope you enjoy it.Sounds like you're a pretty busy lady so food structure is a great idea! Well done about the exercise as well.I exercise some weeks better then others!

I'm only 5ft 1" so hoping to get down to about 8st (112lb) so hopefully about midrange for my BMI range, so not got loads to lose but SF will be great for me trying to maintain. Forgot to say i'm doing it from home myself but i have a propoints calculator so hopefully i shouldn't go to wrong with my weeklies.

little*red said:
I'm only 5ft 1" so hoping to get down to about 8st (112lb) so hopefully about midrange for my BMI range, so not got loads to lose but SF will be great for me trying to maintain. Forgot to say i'm doing it from home myself but i have a propoints calculator so hopefully i shouldn't go to wrong with my weeklies.

Cool do you have a diary yet? Yeh I'm only 5ft2 so aiming for 9stone there's still plenty scope to go lower and still be at a healthy weight but as silly as it sounds I have way too many clothes that I love and can't afford a new wardrobe so aiming to stay a size10 but just be more toned etc! X

little*red said:

Yea most of us on sf do it at home and help each other out with points etc :0)

Back