A little bit of my story...

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by x Nee x, 25 May 2009 Social URL.

1. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)
    Firstly I have to say, its so good to find a site where others are dealing with the same difficulty's and battling the evil food habit.

I have been large since I was early teens and struggled for years on end at attempts to diet, I think I have tried every diet going (Including the cabbage diet...vile)

My worst point in weight was around 5 years ago, I hit my biggest weight of over 24 stone, I didnt even know it till I had a nasty break up then moved back to the parents and through being slightly depressed I dropped some weight. Since then I have maintained around the 20 stone bracket, and found it hell to shake any off.

Heading towards my 30's and still being so sucked in by temptation I knew something had to change. I will walk down the street and feel eyes all over me, as if I am some kind of monster, sadly I do let it get to me and my Boyfriend constantly tells me not to but I often feel like I was placed here for abuse from strangers who have no idea ... do they even know my name...NO... Do they know that I infact was 4 stones heavier a few years ago...NO.... so go take those eyes elsewhere:p

So around a month ago, I went to the doctors and asked for advice, they recommended Xenical, I was informed or side effects and as soon as I got home I researched it to the point I then feared taking the pill as didnt want any 'accidents'

I relocated around 3 weeks ago and thought, this was my chance to change all old habbits. Since then I have cut out numerous bad foods, Diet Coke, added far more fruit and veg into my diet and lots of water.

1 1/2 weeks ago, I took the plunge and started xenical... to my suprise, I have had no scary moments although bowel movements have changed and Im feeling very sorry for my boyfriend.

Gladly booked in with my new doctors on Wednesday to see I had lost 13lbs in the last 3-4 weeks, partly through my own help and also Xenical.

I shall continue my story as things change, but have to say, feeling pretty motivated, lets hope the weight comes off more :)

Any advice/tips would be great :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Bumping up :) Sorry Nee, for some reason it went in the moderation queue :confused:

4. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)

5. billygroat

billygroat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Great loss, well done and welcome to Mini's

Julie x

6. lins74

lins74 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Welcome, and good luck.

Great loss so far. Good on you!!

Lins
    XX ;)

7. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Welcome Welcome :) .... Youve had a brill loss so far :)

8. iona.1985

iona.1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.88%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hey and well done on your loss so far!

9. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    Welcome to Minis and the Xenical forum and well done on your weight loss so far!!!

10. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)
    Have to admit today has been tough, I slipped up this morning and had a macdonalds muffin... how much fat in that I darednt even think off... But knowing I had made the error I still took the Xenical pill, Felt really ill after for about an hour and a half!

Continued the day as normal, had a healthy lunch and dinner, and made sure I took the pill after each.

At the moment having some strange crampoing feelings... lets hope it passes soon!

One thing I have learnt today is, I will not be going Maccy D's ever again :p

11. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    Meh. It happens to the best of us Nee.
    I was tempted by a cookie from subway and subsequently suffered the consequences today :(

12. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)
    Did you get painfull cramps? just interested to see what other people experience. I felt sick and had really bad cramps and a stitch like feeling, certainly made me realise that 1, the pill was working, and 2, never to go mcdonalds ;)

13. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    I think it's different for different people.
    Personally, I get cramps in my bowels and then the dreaded orange oil.
    I know my Dad, who is also on Xenical normally suffers from stomach ache when he eats too much fat.

14. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)
    Thanks for that, The fear of what will happen is so worrying, but will continue to post my experiences, downfalls and upsides :)

15. wildmonkeylass

wildmonkeylass Full Member

Hi Nee - It's always interesting to read people's stories, especially when they have a narrative so close to my own. Good to meet you, well done so far, and enjoy the journey x

16. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)

Good to know others have similar feelings of mine, Im sure there are many tough things we all have to come accross but for me this has been a constant upset, so Im going to mke a difference for once and shift this weight YAY

17. shazboo

shazboo 'this time i'll do it!'

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.24%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi nee, well done on your weight loss so far and hope you enjoy being on this forum, the support is great,
    we all have bad days, i was craving pizza last night and the kids sent off for burgers and chips, well i caved and had 4 chicken wings!! but then i got the stomach cramps and the bloated feeling, so payback for me today!!
    take heart and post on here often

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)
    Last 2 days ....

Going ok, Very oily now tho, blaming the big mistake the other day :(

I think the eating of the mcd's started the temptation again, but doing ok... Need to learn that its not going to help me, Im a sucker for temptation and normally once I cave in, I tend to stay on the bad road, but not this time!!!

regardless, I shall keep going.. getting weighed next Wednesday so I am praying for a good loss, setting my hopes on 7lbs! Lets hope its not less arrghhh

20. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Nee :) ive just noticed you live not far from me :) ....

Im a sucker for temptation to and i had a chinese last night and boy do i feel so so guilty now! ... stomach doesnt feel like my own and i feel so bloated and windy! ...
    we live and learn dont we! .. altho like you once i start on the bad road i usually walk a while! hehe ....

Good luck for the weigh in coming up xx

21. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Welcome & Good Luck x

22. x Nee x

x Nee x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.72%)
    Feeling really unhappy....

My weigh in isnt until Wednesday, but my Boyfriend had an appointment so I went with him and thought Ill jump on the scales at the doctors and see how the weight is going!!

Sadly it showed I had gained, the receptionist said 'there not the greatest scales' but surely if there faulty they wouldnt have them in there!

4lbs heavier, apparently... feel really annoyed at myself! I admit to having a few treats - and not good ones over the last 2 weeks, but the outcome of having those treats whilst on Xenical hasnt been pretty, so not sure why I would have gained :(

Sorry guys, rant over, just feel really disgusted in me

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.