A little bit upset at group

I hate people talking during IT too. I get so flustered when people try to talk to me while someone else is talking about their week; it's so rude & I don't want to miss out on any tips being shared!

I'm so glad the OP got her email from the C - it would have been so disheartening to be overlooked.

Ah glad the cons got back to you. Means she's ok as she could have easily not mentioned it if you didn't.

I hate people talking in group. There's one woman who insists on sitting next to me then making comments about people under her breath. Things like don't know why shes at target could do with losing a few more! And to slimmer people there's nothing on her! I just ignore her hoping she gets the message but no she keeps sitting next to me. I don't want people to hear her comments and think I'm in with her!

Ah glad the cons got back to you. Means she's ok as she could have easily not mentioned it if you didn't.

I hate people talking in group. There's one woman who insists on sitting next to me then making comments about people under her breath. Things like don't know why shes at target could do with losing a few more! And to slimmer people there's nothing on her! I just ignore her hoping she gets the message but no she keeps sitting next to me. I don't want people to hear her comments and think I'm in with her!

Could you try walking about before image therapy starts talking to different people but not actually settling anywhere until after she's sat down (just before it starts so that she can't move again) and then sit down somewhere else. Otherwise I'd say maybe you have to be rude and actually whisper back ''actually I think they look great'' or ''they've done so well to loose weight I'd love to look as slim as them'' or ''we all have different points we want to get to, its whether they're happy where they are that matters'' that way she may get the message and if anyone over hears at least they'll know your not agreeing with her. She sounds like a nightmare though. It's awful, I'm so proud of everyone in my group and think they're all amazing, we all have our tough points. There's one lady who I think looks amazing but she isn't at target yet, we were talking the other day and she was saying how people have told her she doesn't want to loose more and that when she was at target she looked too skinny, but she was happier then and at the end of the day like I said to her that's what matters, if other people think you look good at a point it doesn't matter if your more comfortable at another point. I haven't seen her at target but I'm sure she'll look great then as well.

I hate people talking in group. There's one woman who insists on sitting next to me then making comments about people under her breath. Things like don't know why shes at target could do with losing a few more! And to slimmer people there's nothing on her! I just ignore her hoping she gets the message but no she keeps sitting next to me.

I would quite blatantly tell her to shut the hell up. Those type of comments have no place in a SW group.

We had an incident at ours recently where a person had hit target, but couldn't even be happy about it as she had been dealing with one person for months saying 'you've lost too much weight, you should be here anymore etc'. She stopped coming to group straight away after hitting target. My C went mental when she found out about it.

I would quite blatantly tell her to shut the hell up. Those type of comments have no place in a SW group.

We had an incident at ours recently where a person had hit target, but couldn't even be happy about it as she had been dealing with one person for months saying 'you've lost too much weight, you should be here anymore etc'. She stopped coming to group straight away after hitting target. My C went mental when she found out about it.

That's awful, I took some before photo's into group a while back and everyone was shocked and one person did say, ''to be honest I've always wondered why you were here so its great to see these to see how well you've done'' in a way, it makes sense that some people will think that when they see someone who looks slimmer, but the right thing to do is not to say anything (like the person in my group did) as you never know what people are going through or have been through or how they feel. I know you can't help but think things at times, I've seen people join and thought wow they look great already what are they doing here, but they only wanted to loose half a stone and although I think they look great, if they've put half a stone on that might really be getting them down!

UPDATE

I just got an email from my consultant leader, her ears musta been burning!

Hi, when I did my computer upload for this morning’s group, it flagged up that you were also a joint winner of Slimmer Of The Week, which did not register on my PDA. I’m sorry about that and will make sure you get your sticker and certificate in group next week.

So that's nice, isnt it :D

YAY SW!

You'll get a fridge magnet as well :)

Well done!

Glad it's sorted out...I once had to say when my c missed me out for SOTW! She was fine about it...and I shared the basket of goodies!

A sticker to me is fabulous! Haha - at the moment we have two new men in our group and they are battling it out each week with huge losses. They will slow down soon though and give us girlies a chance again ;)

I won slimmer of the month seven months in a row and have won slimmer of the week eighteen times. I think some of the other members there get a little annoyed, i am the only man who is there week in week out.

I was SoW last week but didn't get a fridge magnet :eek:(

I won slimmer of the month seven months in a row and have won slimmer of the week eighteen times. I think some of the other members there get a little annoyed, i am the only man who is there week in week out.

Oh dont be worrying about them getting annoyed, fair play to you! We have one man in our group too, he comes with his wife, he is at target, and she is getting there. Must be difficult being the only man in a group of women ha ha. Youre doing so very well, you deserve all those awards so:kissass:to all those jealous people! :)

Hi just an update on the woman that always sits next to me at group. Well today I sat in a different place and didn't make eye contact. Had my son sat on one side and coats bags etc on the other. Just kept myself busy chatting to my son and when I looked she'd left.

Feel a bit bad if she left cause I ignored her but at least I didn't have her whispering in my ear all way through IT!

That doesn't seem very fair. The group leader should make sure to reign in the people who like the sound of their own voices too much.

That woman sounds like a nightmare. Maybe she got the hint and just moved seats. Don't feel bad.

I've been at my group for 5 weeks now and I feel like everyone looks at me because I'm slim compared to the majority of them. Thy dont realise that ive Lost 5 stone and am nearing the end of my journey. It just sucks having the feeling like everyone is judging u

honeypop said:
That woman sounds like a nightmare. Maybe she got the hint and just moved seats. Don't feel bad.

I've been at my group for 5 weeks now and I feel like everyone looks at me because I'm slim compared to the majority of them. Thy dont realise that ive Lost 5 stone and am nearing the end of my journey. It just sucks having the feeling like everyone is judging u

Do you really think people judge you? Do you say in IT that you've lost 5stone? It doesn't matter if you have 7lb or 7 stone to lose, we all need to maintain that loss when at target.

That's quite sad if its true and they do all judge you :-(

No, i don't know anyone well enough for them to know my story. My consultant didn't ask either when I joined. She's very supportive tho and makes me feel very welcome.

It's just annoying that sometimes I feel like I can't rise my hand and give my 2cents in during convo cause I get the feeling that ppl are thinking 'sure what would she know about being over weight etc'.
It's not gona stop me tho. I'm gonna keep ploughing on :)

honeypop said:
No, i don't know anyone well enough for them to know my story. My consultant didn't ask either when I joined. She's very supportive tho and makes me feel very welcome.

It's just annoying that sometimes I feel like I can't rise my hand and give my 2cents in during convo cause I get the feeling that ppl are thinking 'sure what would she know about being over weight etc'.
It's not gona stop me tho. I'm gonna keep ploughing on :)

This is how you feel though hun and you can give your two cents worth. I'm sure no one is thinking it. Try to get those feelings out of your mind.

Ive been slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month and never had any magnets :( Its getting to the point where Im going to have to go out and buy magnets because I cant keep the awards on my fridge!

Ive been slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month and never had any magnets :( Its getting to the point where Im going to have to go out and buy magnets because I cant keep the awards on my fridge!

i now have a bigger stock than my consultants!

Take some before photo's in, don't say ''brought these in to show you I should be here too'' but just take them in and say you brought them in just to show people how far you've come. I did a few months ago and some people were shocked at how I looked at the start of my journey. I didn't plan on taking them in but I mentioned how I'd been looking through old photo's and couldn't believe the change, then someone said to bring them in. If you don't feel comfortable just bringing them in do what I did and just mention how you personally had looked back at them and I'm sure someone will suggest you take them in the following week

Back