A little less lumpy every day...

Lumpy1

Hoping starting a diary will keep me focussed on the challenge of losing another 3 and a half stone.

The beginning of May seemed like a really good time to start a VLCD as we moved to a new town over 2 hundred miles aways from friends and family (or tempters as I now think of them) and as me and OH are doing this together there would be no outside temptation. So we are now almost 6 weeks in and have only had one planned blip during a family visit. Felt so guilty we got straight back on the wagon.

It hasn't been easy and on more than one occasion one of us have had moments of weakness that in the past would have tempted the other and both of us would have fallen off the wagon. Our social life revolves around food and drink and we've become hermits. We are both self-employed and mainly home based so cabin fever can hit quite hard. It's also very stressful at the moment as we lost almost all of our business over a short period as the recession hit our clients badly. But at least we spend far less on Exante than we used to on food and booze.

OH is closer to target than me. He didn't regain all he'd lost on our last feeble attempt, as unfortunately I did. So I can see that it's probably going to get harder when he starts 'normal' eating again. However I realise that a lot of people on here have a lot more temptation thrown at them everyday and that encourages me to stay strong. At least my kids are grown and flown so I don't have to cook and shop for them.

Next target: Reach the 12s by the next weigh-in on Friday.

Back