A lot of willpower and a smidgen of duct tape!

lindsey81

Hi everyone,

After reading so many diaries on here I've been inspired to start my own. I'm hoping that this will have the same effect/install the same fear as a physical weekly weigh in.

It will probably help if I start with a bit about myself, I'm a 35 year old mum of 3. I was always fairly slimish, a comfy size 12 then I discovered an overactive thyroid (amazing for keeping weight off, horrendous in every other aspect) I was too sensitive to the medication and managed to put a stone on in 1 week!!! It climbed a few stone from there then I started with having babies (they are 6, 4 and 2) and never lost the weight between them. At my heaviest non pregnant weight I was 17st but that was shortly after my last baby. I have yo yo'd over the years and dabbled at vlcd's... Shake that weight and exante, but I haven't made it through an entire day never mind week so I think that shows my willpower is virtually non existent.

Anyway, I started Exante on a mission yesterday with a start weight of 14st 10lb and a goal of 10 stone. I'm pretty impressed that I made it through day 1, I did eat some chicken but i'll forgive myself that and focus on being 100% today.

Fingers crossed from here...I'm off to tape my mouth shut xx

Hi Lindsey! I too am on my second day - can I please borrow some of that duct tape :p From your stats it looks as though we have a similar amount of weight to lose to get to our goals. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated :)

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

I've realised how much of a picker I am... No wonder I have so much to lose! The kids have breakfast and I would normally pick the leftovers and toast as I make it, they have snack and I would normally munch along with them (3 children is a lot of leftovers to pick from) it's such a hard habit to break! Forget taping my mouth shut I need to tape my hands down!

I'm guzzling down water like it's going out of fashion my bladder is on overdrive!

Thanks Astro, I'm hoping I can stick with it this time, so fed up of being fat and unhappy with my body...Bring on the big weight losses, is it 2 stone when people start to notice? Xx

Gosh today has been hard! I'm on my evening shake as I couldn't wait any longer.... Bring on bedtime. I think I'm going to be wishing away the next few days to get me to Saturday at least. Weirdly I feel fatter... Is that normal? I'm going to go on asos and ogle all the clothes I want to wear when I'm slim!

Ok so I made it through 2 days and have started day 3 with a berocca (not sure if they are allowed but I needed a boost) and a chocolate shake. I'm not sure about the chocolate ones they are not my favourite, they taste a bit salty and like instant hot chocolate powder, don't ask how I know what that stuff tastes like its testament to my sugar addiction!

I did have a sneaky weigh in this morning and was surprised to see I have lost 5lbs already (Yey)!

Oooh I'd not thought of having a berocca every day, great idea! I'm sure it can't do too much harm? Day 3 for me too and staying strong - this day is meant to be the hardest from what I've read so if we can get through today then we can do tomorrow... and the next day... and the next day... go us :) xx

Hi Lindsey and welcome. 5 pounds so far is amazing!

I'm not too much of a fan of the chocolate shakes either - agree they taste a bit salty and chalky. The fruity ones suit me much better!

Morning everyone... Day 3 turned out to be sooo hard and I fell off the wagon and ate... A lot! Still I've drawn a line under it and I'm back on the shakes, I've had a bottle of water and I'm sipping a banana milkshake whizzed in the blender with water and loads of ice, it's actually quite nice. I'm feeling confident that I can be 100% today.
How is everyone doing? Xx

Hi Lindsey! I totally feel your pain, I could have eaten a scabby donkey yesterday. You've done the best thing by getting straight back on it. It would be easy to just throw in the towel but you haven't done that, which is amazing :)

Hope you have a great day x

Back