A message to thin me.

FunnyFarm

Silver Member
I've reached my goal weight before, and maintained for a few years. There were several factors that led me to put it on again, and I want to avoid that happening.

My biggest problem is avoidance. If I'm doing something I shouldn't, I'll try everything possible to lie to myself.

So, here are some things I want to remember, both on the journey and when I'm trying to live a 'normal' life.

1. You spent more time hating your weight than you did eating. It makes mathematical sense to be careful.

2. Let your stomach dictate how much you eat, not your emotions. Don't buy more 'just in case'. What's a worse scenario, eating a packet of crisps and then still being hungry, or eating two packets when you're not?

3. Weigh yourself every week. You don't even need to do anything about it, just weigh yourself EVERY WEEK. Awareness is half of the battle.

4. Who are you lying to? If you're embarrassed to buy things because the shop keeper will think you're greedy, then why do you care more about what he thinks of you than what you think of you?

5. There are calorie free things you can do to make yourself happy. Food is a poor substitute for a proper treat. Choose something that feels good and does good. It doesn't need to be either/or.

6. You do not deserve junk food, you deserve to be healthy and happy.

7. Let people help you, and be honest with you. They're not judging you, or looking down their nose at you. If they say 'are you sure you want to eat that?' it means 'are you sure you want to eat that?' not 'I don't want you to eat that because if you're fat and gross I'll be embarrassed to be seen with you'.

I may print this out and put it somewhere I'll see it every day. I need to find a way of not burying my head in the sand, but that's easier said than done!

I'm also going to package up all my clothes that get too big, and put a note on the bag 'WAKE UP!' so if I find myself rummaging in it for something more 'comfortable' I won't be able to do it blindly.

I'll maybe stick a note on the scales, or maybe even a before/after picture of me to remind myself why it's better to be aware early on.

The fact is, I will have to face up to reality eventually. I'd rather face up to a reality that is 'you're in danger of going off the rails' rather than 'you've put on 4 stone and it's going to take months of hard work and beating yourself up to get back to where you were'.

I hope it works!

Fantastic thread x

Totally agree with Smidge!

Absolutely inspiring words for me.....I might have to print off too!!!

THANK YOU for posting this FunnyFarm, I can really relate to everything you have said :) xx

Message to future thin me.

Don't get fat again.

Great words of wisdom!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Fantastic post thanks so much very inspiring. Love the message in the bigger bagged up clothes its fab.

Oh that's so honest, and I can relate to so much of that. Thanks for posting it FF - I'll be reading it often in the next couple of months.

Back