A moan about clothes

Starlight

Gold Member
Now that Ive lost some weight Im really into maxi dresses which I absolutely love.

Ive got most of them from Next. But why on earth do they insist on making these dresses with thin straps and totally sleeveless. Lets face it if youre buying plus size dresses you probably dont want to wear a strappy dress. Why cant they make more with even short sleeves. Im sick of having to wear shrug type tops with my dresses :mad:

shouldnt this be in 'off topic' :8855:

i know what you mean. i have to wear shrugs, cardi's and the like with everything! so damn annoying :mad:
hoping my punch bag will sort out my flabby arms now so i can go sleeveless :D

maybe its a money thing as the shrugs and wraps can cost more than the dresses themselves!
i think if designers were on the large side then there would be a hell of a lot more thought going in to the designs and a lot more choice for the larger lady :)

Totally agree Starlight... I'm the shrug/cardi queen as I hate my bingo wings and don't know that I'll ever feel confident showing my arms.

The designers are missing a trick I tell ya! They need some real life larger ladies to consult on what we want!!

Wow !!
I couldn't agree more !!
I hate shoe string tops, dresses, whatever.
I just hate shoestring straps !!!!
FULL STOP.
And yes, for the reasons you stated.
When you are bigger, you need a wee bit o support.
A daft wee shoe lace strap is no gonna dae it eh ??

And do you know what else ??
I think shoe string/lace straps only look good on young yins...
Its not a good look on older people, in my opinion :)

yes! I totally agree with you Star! I hate it with passion. And I will never be brave enough to show my arms. Even if I was 122lb (my goal :p ) I wouldn't wear anything with thin straps.
And as notsoskinnymarge says this does not look good on mature women.
And you know what? Most of the tops with short sleeves are not for me too. The sleeves are so damn short! that all my fat arm is uncovered. That's why I wear 3/4 sleeves tops/tunics only :eek:

I must admit, my arms dont look too bad, since I have been doing the shred :D:cool:

I hate my arms, even when I was a healthy weight, I've always hated them, I'm naturally quite strong and a bit broad across that area, my arms have a nice shape to the top of them, and they look ok in star jump position, then I put them down to my sides and bleurgh :(

I only wear those strappy tops when I mow my back lawn (never at the front cos of the neighbours)

I love shrugs and cardi's but they can be uncomfortable and too hot in this weather, so I tend to stick to short sleeves, which at the moment are proving hard to find everything seems to be cap sleeves and hate those too :(

I see people with big arms and women bigger than me, going around with their arms out and they don't seem at all bothered, wish I could be like that...

Any time I start feeling self conscious, I just go to youtube and i find a music video from one of my fave bands The Gossip, and watch Beth Ditto (a very big lady) strutting her stuff on stage with her amazing voice, not bothered at all. Maybe people don't want to look at my fat arms. But if they don't want to, they can look away, I won't shed a tear. :D BTW if you want to see Beth doing her thing, have a gander: (the song starts at :48) ‪Gossip - Pop Goes the World - Grand Journal - 21/05/2010‬‏ - YouTube

I couldn't find anything saying I can't post links to youtube so if it isn't allowed i apologize in advance :)

Back