A moment on the lips.. life time on the hips

NumNums

Becca
Helloooo,

My MAJOR problem is my hips. I have huge love handles and alot of fat around that area that basically sticks out nearly two inches wider than my hip bones. I want to lose about another 40lbs. But in those 40lbs... are my love handles going to reduce at all?

I know fat is very blobby compared to muscle. But I have arthritis and osteoporosis, I don't know what sort of exercises I could do that would attack that area and not cause me life time problems.

Also I have a wee bit of a saggy tummy after 3 children, but mainly, the saggy bit was caused by my first son, I went from about 130lbs to 170lbs and it just got worse after then. I made no effort to tighten it and was pretty lazy about it. Am I ever going to be able to make an improvement? I'm realistic, I've had 3 kids, I'm never going to have washboard without surgery... but I'd prefer not to have an over lap lol.

Help! Feeling pretty down about this :(

Last edited:
*hugs* Don’t be down about it! You will definitely reduce those bits when you lose weight. Of course with weight loss you’re going to improve your problem areas but (and here’s the thing you might not like) you might have to accept that your shape is your shape and without drastic (and I mean seriously intensive) exercise you’re unlikely to get rid of it altogether.

For me my problem area is my belly. Belly, belly belly! Although I do some exercise I don’t do nearly enough. My aim is to get to 9-9st7 – I have been almost there before (just before I got pregnant) but you know what, I still didn’t have a flat tummy. I think even with mega abs work I wouldn’t have one.
If I went too much lighter I think I’d look too skinny everywhere else. I have just had to accept that as much as I hate it, I will always be a bit wobbly in the tummy department. I'd rather have boobs and be a bit womanly than have washboard abs (ok who am I kidding, I'd kill for a flat tummy!) but I've accepted that it's unlikely to ever happen, especially if I have another baby.

Sorry - I don't want you to be down hon, but the chances are your wobbly hips are NOWHERE near as bad as you think they are and with clever dressing combined with your overall weight loss you'll make a huge improvement.
x

Know how you feel becca, I've always had big hips. Even when I got down to my goal weight before I got married and had children I had... Well I can't say hour glass because I haven't got the boobs for that lol.
My weight is on my bum, tummy and hips. I will loose it first on my tummy and bum.
I have no suggestions really because I find it the hardest place to shift and tone up.

Back