A new chapter on Monday

sorcha

Likes to change diets...
Hi.
Need to get this in writing so I can refer to it when I go into 'sod it' mode.

Ive tried and failed to restart exante for the last month...I do 3-5 days then bam...im off plan eating until I feel so gorged I cant be a**ed to move off the sofa in the evenings...and with this lovely weather we are having in the south east too...bl**dy shameful.

So today and tommorow I am going to eat and drink what i like and start a new chapter on Monday...I dont want to call it a restart as that makes me feel like a failure. I keep thinking back to when i started LL last year and how fantastic i felt when i started losing weight and how the compliments from people I hadnt seen for a while made me feel so good about myself...something I hadnt felt for a long, long time. Ive had a lot of support from various people on the LL, atkins and Exante forums and I so wish I could give the support back but I dont feel good enough in myself to give encouragement or support back to those people. Im pretty shy really and I know this is all 'virtual' in a sense but i feel people are judging me. I'm harking on abit now....

So anyway...I'm going to write in my Exante diary everyday and I will give encouragement to others who are on their own weightloss journey...even if its just a 'hello'.

Im going to watch 'dead fat' on iplayer and then write down why I MUST stick to exante...I should be out this evening with hubby but Im withdrawing from people again and that aint good.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend and good luck where ever you are on your weightloss journey:)

Good luck Sorcha!

Dunno how you can stick to such a low cal diet. I admire your tenacity! I cannot go more than a few hours without something solid in my tum. (Unfortunately this is sometimes half a ton of chocolate!).

Good luck for tomorrow - keep us up to date. You've done it before and can do it again! I'm sure you will be looking leaner by summer - there's still time.

Pomooky XXX

Hey Sorcha. :wavey: I have seen you around the boards and remember your name and avatar. You sound a bit like me chopping and changing diets lol but I so understand how you feel. I got 3.5st off on LL and half a stone before that on xenical pills. then after i changed contraception i suddenly became very hungry and started taking more packs then i cracked and ordered chinese and that sparked an addiction to chinese in particular and junk food in general. I was more obsessed with food than ever before.

I have spent the past 5 years (since i quit LL) trying and failing to do a vlcd and i think i am a bit obsessed with trying to prove to myself i can do it! Sorry i am not being very helpful but just thought you could do with knowing you're not the only one.:)

Hi Sorcha, Have you considered the possibility that a different type of programme may be the answer to your problem? I can't help feeling that the stringent essence of Exante is the very thing that is making you continually unable to cope. Perhaps something where you have to deal with the realities of eating healthily and thus giving you a much better variety of tastes and even abilities, in other words learning different recipes to cook, will give you something to think about and plan rather than just opening another sachet. - Rather boring that, hey?....:D

I know it can be disheartening but we fall off the wagon because we're only human... I think Emmaline may be on to something. It's your choice which diet to follow and although you do see fast results on the scales with diets like Exante it may not necessarily be the best for you in the long run.

Good luck with it, Sorcha.

Hey Sorcha. :wavey: I have seen you around the boards and remember your name and avatar. You sound a bit like me chopping and changing diets lol but I so understand how you feel. I got 3.5st off on LL and half a stone before that on xenical pills. then after i changed contraception i suddenly became very hungry and started taking more packs then i cracked and ordered chinese and that sparked an addiction to chinese in particular and junk food in general. I was more obsessed with food than ever before.

I have spent the past 5 years (since i quit LL) trying and failing to do a vlcd and i think i am a bit obsessed with trying to prove to myself i can do it! Sorry i am not being very helpful but just thought you could do with knowing you're not the only one.:)

Hi and thanks for your reply:)

I wish I had stayed with LL until I got to goal but i didnt for various reasons... aminly my hubby and money!

I put on a few lbs, then lost a few on exante and got down to 12st 8lbs in Oct. Holiday was eat drink and be merry:) Xmas and stopping smoking in Jan have all taken their toll on the weight gain...so Im 26lbs heavier than I was 15th Oct.

The reason I want to do a tfr diet is i can control what I eat, I dont have to think about what i am going to eat and when you get over the initial week, you feel amazing!! The quick weightloss is a bonus:) Its not forever and it works for me...when i get in the right frame of mind.
True, vlcd and total food replacement diets are not for everyone but it has worked for me in the past and Im going to make it work for me this time too:)

Thanks your thought and encouragement guys.

I am going to follow Atkins or a low carb diet after I have lost the majority of my weight.

ps, giving up smoking is probably the worst thing I have done re: my weight gain...but boy do I feel good that I have stopped. I can breathe properly and i dont smell anymore!!

And Lynella.....thank you and I hope you find a diet that suits you....its bloody hard though.x
Are you still on the same contraceptive pill? I know when my dd (20) started taking the pill last year, she put on weight and was always hungry. She came of it for a few months and has started another pill ( not sure of the name) but it suits her more and she isnt struggling with weigh gain or hunger this time.

Hi Sorcha, Have you considered the possibility that a different type of programme may be the answer to your problem? I can't help feeling that the stringent essence of Exante is the very thing that is making you continually unable to cope. Perhaps something where you have to deal with the realities of eating healthily and thus giving you a much better variety of tastes and even abilities, in other words learning different recipes to cook, will give you something to think about and plan rather than just opening another sachet. - Rather boring that, hey?....:D

I like the packs as they take away the need to think about food! I still cook for family and do make sure that they eat healthy and varied food groups...I just cant do that for me at the moment!!
Appreciate your reply and good luck on your weightloss journey:)

Hi sorcha, I was using Implanon implant which I think has been taken off the market now but don't quote me on it.

Hey Sorcha just wanted to say good luck! I have tried Exante but not for me and know it must be hard but just go for it!! I am going to watch Daed Fat too because I need to sort my life out and get on the wagon!! xx

Back