A new dawn, a new day, a new diary.

A bit of an absence again as I had a lot of work to do, but after my SP week I lost 4lb and got slimmer of the week. I was very happy with my loss indeed! I did have a nice lasagne afterwards, which was beyond amazing.

Last week I went back to doing EE, but had a few naughty days. Thursday I had afternoon tea (belated christmas gift) which was amazing, very yummy indeed. Pity it was between 4 people, I could have eaten it all myself! Then Friday I went shopping with my mum and it was buy one get one free at Starbucks, so I may have had a full fat triple hot chocolate with cream and vanilla sugar... and a cinnamon bun :eek: It was delicious, obviously far too many syns but a bad decision based on not eating a proper breakfast I think. Then I found christmas chocolate on sale and may have bought a few bags and ate them in the bath when I was feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Realllly bad start to that week! But I was trying my best to be good the remainder of the week, but my appetite has been insatiable. I CANNOT stop eating, I don't think i've ever been so hungry before. I've been trying to snack on free foods but I went through fruit like it was going out of fashion this week! Luckily I only gained 1lb this week, which I am pleased about. Frustrating as I want to get back to my lowest before my gain at Christmas, but maybe this week.

This week I was going to try and do SP again, thought it might help the hunger problem. Started off as SP this morning, but feeling poorly this afternoon/evening and I just ended up having one of the SW ready meals from Iceland, the veg and pasta one, since I had no energy, so back to green. It was actually really nice and a pretty generous portion, so I might buy some for days when I am feeling bad. So SP is out of the window today and i'm low on so many things atm so need to go shopping as I won't have enough S or P for tomorrow, but I think i'll pick it back up for Saturday-Wednesday and hopefully lose 2-3lb.

Thursday

Lunch: scrambled eggs, loads of mushrooms, x2 toast from 400g (hexB 1) and brown sauce (1 syn)
Dinner: sw ready meal
Snacks: apple, x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), punnet of blackberries, apple dipped in 2 tbsp nutella (8 syns)
Drinks: water, diet lemonade, 250ml ss milk (hexA) with 3 tsp cadbury drinking chocolate (3.5 syns)
Total Syns: 12.5 syns

well done on the 4lbs SP loss
and boo on the 1lb gain:)

Know the can't stop eating issue, i had one unfortunately it was on chocolate mainly and lasted 3 days:rolleyes:

Haven't bought any of the new SW meals yet, but heard they had sold out on the afternoon they came out in our town!:D
will wait til the rush has died down :D

Been having a bad couple of weeks health wise which has lead to not the best eating habits. Last week I had a sts which I was fine with, I hadn't been particularly good or bad. This week I gained 4.5 lb. I ate a meal out and had 2 drinks, but I think it was mostly from eating my brothers birthday cake. I don't think I ate enough for a gain that big but it is what it is.

I'm struggling to stay on plan tbh, just haven't been in the right mindset since Septemberish and I can't seem to get back into following plan, I seem to have a good week then a bad week and repeat :( I need a big kick up the bum. I've been losing/gaining the same few pounds for months now and it's stupid. I think it's because I haven't got anything big planned for this year, no holidays or anything.

I have a few weeks with birthdays/events coming up so I want to stay on plan in between. I am going away for a mid week break in 2 weeks time and I want to lose 5lbs before then and stay on plan 100% until I leave. I'm gonna do a week of SP and then back to regular EE, so I can enjoy my 3 days away. Then I have 2 weeks before my birthday so I will repeat the same week of SP then week of EE. Hopefully after that I shouldn't have anything going on for a while so I can try and go back to normal.

I'm gonna set myself a goal so I have something to work towards. I want to get my 4 stone award by April 30th since it'll be a year since I joined SW then. I have 6 weigh in's before the 30th so I need to lose 11 lbs. This is totally doable, 2lbs a week and I should be there. Actually typing this out i'm feeling more determined than i've felt in ages. 4st award here I come.

THURSDAY (SP)

Breakfast:
x2 special k chewy delight bars (hexB 1 & 2)
Lunch: homemade tomato and lentil soup (lentils (p), chopped tomatoes (s), passata (s), butternut squash (s) red pepper (s), seasoning)
Dinner: leftover soup, quorn mini kievs (5 syns), carrots (s) and peas (p)
Snacks:
x2 pears, x2 apples, raspberries, special k bar (4.5 syns)
Drinks: 3.5 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA) with cadbury drinking chocolate (3.5 syns)
Total Syns: 13 syns

Last edited:
Had a good day today, for once i'm the one behaving while my mum is guzzling down wine and peanuts ha. It's a rare occasion i'm saying no to stuff. Bit peckish this evening but I might go cook some quorn pieces to munch on as i've had so much fruit already today i'm getting a bit sick of it

Friday (SP)

Lunch:
scrambled eggs (p) , mushrooms (s), x2 slices wholem eal toast (hexB 1), veggie bacon (1 syn) and brown sauce (1 syn)
Dinner: 45g reduced fat halloumi (hexA), quorn pieces (p) with garli c, roasted squash (s) , mushrooms (s), c ourgette (s) , tomatoes (s) and peppers (s)
Snacks: x2 pears, x2 apples, x2 satsumas, special k bar (hexB 2) , mini tub of ice cream (13 syns) , handful of raspberries
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, glass of coke zero, glass of lemon fanta zero
Total Syns: 15 syns

Not the best day, as I ate 10 syns of chocolate and then my mum arrived with a brownie as a present. Had to eat it as it was a nice gesture and still fresh, but not sure how many syns that is but i'm expecting it's quite a lot. So I think i'll skip the syns tomorrow to make up for it. Other than that having an okay day so far, not sure what to have for dinner, i'm leaning towards lentil bolognese or lentil chilli atm. Thankfully no mother's day meals tomorrow as I already bought me mam a swinging chair thing for her garden and taking my grandma out in a few weeks.

Saturday (SP)

Lunch: spinach (s), cucumber (s), tomatoes (s), peppers (s), onions (s), cottage cheese (p) and quorn pieces (p) with salt and balsamic glaze (2 syns)
Dinner: quorn and lentil bolognese (chopped tomatoes (s), passata (s), courgette (s), carrots (s), mushrooms (s), quorn mince (p), lentils (p), seasoning)
Snacks: special k bar (hexB 1), satsuma,
Drinks: glass lemon fanta, 1.5 litres water with nas squash

Thank you! You hang in thee too, you're right, with some perseverance we'll get there!

Yesterday did not go to plan as I ended up spending a few hours with my grandparents and I was starving and it's a long drive home. I ended up having a slice of cake my grandma had just made and a cheese scone - oops! I didn't eat much else all day as I had a bit of stomach ache, so hopefully it's evened out a bit? I still have a bit of a sore stomach today and today is going better but i'm feeling very hungry and not sure i'll stick to SP as i'm properly craving some pasta.

Monday

Lunch: mushrooms (s), spinach (s), x3 eggs (p) and half a grapefruit (s)
Dinner: butternut squash chips (s), courgette (s), peppers (p), quorn pieces (p)
Snacks: apple, maltesers (9 syns), satsuma, apple, pear
Drinks: 250ml ss milk with 3 tsp cadbury dirnking chocolate (3.5 syns), 1.5 litres water with nas squash
Total Syns: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
You may have managed to even things out after the cake & scone? :D

Have some pasta then!:D
I'm sure a day off SP won't hurt either :)

I haven't managed to be on plan at all today...had a funeral to go to and the 'wake' buffet was just sandwiches sausage rolls, etc, no fruit or desserts in sight!
and nothing Sw friendly either.....but i was hungry as it was gone 3pm by that time and all i had had was a hifi bar before we left at 9.30 am :D

But am all set for the rest of the week , so fingers crossed!

Oh dear, buffets are definitely not usually slimming world friendly are they! But it's always better to eat something than go hungry imo. Here's to a good week.

Another SP day, really not enjoying them but just want a good loss this week, next week defo back to EE. Spent the evening fixing my mothers phone, took a good four hours and she did offer to buy a take-away. I was very good and said no, even though she offered several more times. Instead had a lentil chilli. Might have something nice for dinner tomorrow night, maybe a lasagne again as I do enjoy that.

Tuesday

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1)
Lunch: quorn pieces (p), mixed vegetables (s), mac and cheese sachet (3 syns)
Dinner: lentil chilli (lentils (p), quorn mince (p), mushrooms (s), peppers (s), carrots (s), tomatoes (s), kidney beans (p) and spices
Snacks: apple, pear, x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), pack maltesers (9 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash and 250ml ss milk
Total Syns: 12 syns

Replacing the screen. Not too bad actually replacing the screen itself, just the shards of glass inside the body of the phone itself are a nightmare to get out! Also if you happen to drop one of the little screws in the carpet it does take a while to find :eek:

Lost 4.5lbs at WI :D So so so so so so happy. Last weeks gain gone at least! I didn't stay to group as I have so much work to finish up for uni tonight :( I think I do loads better when I stay to group. Going to have a bit of a naughty night as i'm pressed for time, so frozen pizza and sw chips and then back on plan tomorrow AM. Think I would like a 2-3lb loss for next week so I might have a few days SP, maybe Sunday/Monday/Tuesday but EE or green the majority.

Goal update: 4.5lbs/11lbs = 6.5lbs to go

Wednesday (green)

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1), pear
Lunch: baked beans on x2 toast (hexB 2)
Dinner: frozen pizza (? syns), sw chips and salad
Snacks: x2 alpen light bars (6 syns?), apple, pear, satsuma, mini chocolates (10 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash
Total Syns: 16 + pizza

Just writing that down I realised I had extra alpen bars and forgot i'd already had some for breakfast! So easy to forget!

Well done!
That's a fantastic loss! :)

Those screws in phones really are tiny!....a magnifying glass may help to find them ! :D
a couple of the alpne lights are 2.5 syns each....as it says here ...:)

Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Cherry Bakewell , 19g bar
3​
3​
3​
Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Summer Fruits , 19g bar
2½​
2½​
2½​
Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Apple & Sultana , 19g bar
2½​
2½​
2½​
Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Lemon Drizzle with Yogurt , 19g bar
3​
3​
3​
Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Double Chocolate , 19g bar
3​
3​
3​
Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Chocolate & Fudge , 19g bar
3​
3​

Thank you for that, it was the double choc one so 6 syns was right.

Awful awful night on wednesday, went to send in my uni work and it had all gone :cry: I always make 2 backups as well (one on the cloud) just in case anything ever goes wrong and both of those had disappeared too. I was distraught. So many weeks of work gone! So I ate more chocolate than I should have and thankfully managed to get another week to rewrite everything, but it's so demoralising :(

Lasagne for dinner yesterday, made cheese sauce but shared it so just within syns

Thursday (green)

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1), banana
Lunch: Baked beans on x2 toast (hexB 2)
Dinner: veggie lasagne (courgettes, carrots, mushrooms, chopped tomatos, passata, herbs and spices, pasta, flour (6 syns), 250ml ss milk (hexA), LF margarine (2 syns) and 30g cheese (7 syns)
Snacks: x2 apple, pear, satsuma

Friday

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1)
Lunch: Baked potato, cottage cheese, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, balsamic glaze (1 syn)
Dinner:
Snacks: apple

oh no!
how soul destroying!
think i would have the same reaction too...
at least you got to do another one, bet that was hard though, knowing you had already done it!
do you not have a memory stick you can transfer it on to?

My usb stick had stopped working as luck would have it! Ive started emailing myself copies every time I write something now! Managed to get everything sent in by Tuesday tho, so that's a weight off my shoulders, and I didn't resort to eating bad, so win!

Was on plan up until Wednesday morning. Didn't weigh in Wednesday as I caught an early train and would have been too much of a rush. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I was in London having an early birthday mid week break. It was very food and drink orientated but fabulous, had such a great time. And had many great cocktails, very yummy. Saturday and Sunday I was very poorly, can't even remember what I ate Saturday and yesterday I didn't really eat until the evening when I had chilli.

Anyway, bad few days over with back to the plan. I have exactly 2 weeks before my birthday so I want to be good until then so I can enjoy some cake. Gonna join an april challenge too I think to keep me motivated.

Monday (green)

Breakfast: Leftover quorn chilli with rice
Lunch: Leftover quorn chilli with rice
Dinner: SW chips, halloumi and mushroom pitta with salad and 1 tsp nandos sauce (0.5 syn iirc, will double check later)
Snacks: special k bar (hexB 1), apple

Lol i'm a total cocktail fiend. I've had to put my cocktail set outside in a shed because they're soo synful I'd never lose!

Was out all day Tuesday taking my brother to hospital and was soooo hungry, resisted Costa though and ate half the kitchen when I got home! Only had a 1lb gain at WI which i'm incredibly happy with, was expecting more after all the eating. Didn't really track yesterdays food as I had a migraine, but think I was slightly over syns as I forgotten i'd had apple juice when I stopped in to see my grandparents. I was planning an SP week this week but tonight my mum has asked for me to do her dinner, so i'll have some potatoes with her I think and start Sp tomorrow. Sunday will probably be a little off plan as my grandparents are coming over for easter dinner but want sandwiches and cake, i'll try and use my HEX's and syn the cake and crisps, but I expect to be slightly over.

So in regards to my current mini goal, I now need to lose 7.5 lbs I believe (my maths skills are atrocious) to get my 4st award, not sure i'll do it especially with my birthday in the middle! I will persevere!

Thursday (EE)

Breakfast: special k bar (hexB), pear
Lunch: mushroom and spinach omelette
Dinner: baked potato, cottage cheese, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, balsamic glaze
Snacks: pear, half chocolate easter egg (think it was something like 12 syns but will double check later)

Hope you have a lovely easter too x

Who knew there were so many syns in hot cross buns - oops! First one i've had this year today as I've been ignoring them when shopping so I wouldn't go crazy lol. But wow are they high in syns. Completely forgot i'd eaten it earlier or else I would have saved the mini eggs until tomorrow! Oh well

Friday (SP)

Breakfast: special k bar (hexB 1)
Lunch: spinach and mushroom omelette
Dinner: Mediterranean chickpea stew (tomatoes, chickpeas, courgettes, carrots, mushrooms, smoked paprika, garlic and herb stock (1 syn)
Snacks: apple, pear, pear, raspberries, 1/2 chocolate easter egg (12 syns), special k bar
Drinks: 250ml ss milk (hexA), 3 litres water with nas squash, coke zero
Total syns: 13 syns

Saturday (green)

Breakfast: special k bar (hexB 1)
Lunch: ww pitta (hexB 2), cottage cheese, quorn pieces, cucumber, x 2 packs of space raiders (6 syns)
Dinner: 45g rf halloumi (hexA), roasted tomatoes, courgette, carrots and mushrooms, sw chips
Snacks: apple, mini eggs (6 syns), hot cross bun (9.5 syns) with 1 tsp lf butter (1 syn)
Drinks: coke zero, 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 22.5 syns :sigh:

Okay Sunday I went a bit food crazy and i'm very much regretting it now. I started out really well, having a sandwich using my hex's and free food then it just went downhill from there. Ate several cakes and scones and then some chocolate... I'm just writing Sunday off and I started over fresh yesterday, so if I gain it was my own fault. I'm going to stick to SP for the next week now but think I need to get some more dinner ideas as I get bored easily on it.

Monday (SP)

Lunch: baked beans (p), x2 quorn sausages (2 syns), lots and lots mushrooms (s) and scrambled eggs (p) with toast (hexB 1)
Dinner: homemade soup (carrots (s), coriander (s), lentils (p), stock, x2 bread (hexB 2)
Snacks: cupcake (12 syns, estimation), pear
Drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash, lilt zero
Total syns: 14 syns

Tuesday (SP)

Brunch: leftover carrot (s) and lentil (p) soup and alpen light bar (hexB 1)
Dinner: quorn and lentil chilli (quorn mince (p), lentils (p), kidney beans (p), tomatoes (s), carrots (s), mushrooms (s), peppers (s) and herbs and spices
Snacks: alpen light bar (hexB 1), x4 pears, apple, creme egg (9 syns), pack of space raiders (3 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250m ss milk (hexA)
Drinks:
Total syns:

Last edited:
Back