A new dawn, a new day, a new diary.

You weren't the only one that went over at Easter lol, so easy to do, too much temptation:D
Run up to summer now though , so should make things easier :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is way too easy! I actually sent all my leftover food to my brother so I wouldn't be tempted lol. He has so many cakes, hot cross buns, sandwiches and crisps now!

I'm having a super hungry day today, but I hate eating loads before WI so i'm trying to save myself until dinner time. Not to mention I ate a whole bag of pears yesterday and now i'm a bit low on fruit! I think I may just be able to manage a STS rather than a gain, we shall see, i'm hopeful. Feeling stressed too with a lot of work to do and really want to eat everything in sight tbh. Have one of my final uni pieces due in too and it's not going well. All I really want to do is eat a vat of chocolate :eek: No idea what to have for dinner tonight, very low on SP ideas.

Brunch: leftover quorn and lentil chilli
Dinner:
Snacks: x2 apples, packet of crisps (9 syns),
Drinks:
Total Syns: 9

Managed to get a STS at WI last night, i'm actually very very happy with that. I'm still 7.5lbs away from my mini goal, though I haev three WI's before then, so it's doable - 2.5llbs a week. I reallllllly need to be angelic from here on out because I am worried my birthday on Tuesday will make the scales go in the wrong direction.

After group last night I also went out and bought the choc shot syrup stuff from Tesco, everyone was saying it's really nice and since it was on offer I thought I might try it to replace Nutella in my porridge, especially since it's much lower syn than nutella. Group were also talking about the mac and cheese made with quark in this months magazine. I hate quark but think I might give this a go and see if I change my mind. I was also hoping to grab some of the Jaffa cake Alpen bars from Tesco but they'd sold out!

Thursday (SP)

Brunch: mushroom and spinach omelette (mushrooms (s), spinach (s) eggs (p))
Dinner: butter bean mash (butter beans (p), milk and cheese (hexA)) with buttenut squash (s) and celery (s) and mushroom (s) and onion (s) gravy (3 syns)
Snacks: 35g porridge oats (hexB 1) with handful of mixed berries (s) and 2 tsp choc shot (1 syn), special k bar (hexB 2), apple, apple, apple, packet of space raiders (3 syns), apple, 1 tsp choc shot (1 syn)
Drinks: 500ml water with nas squash
Total Syns: 8 syns

Last edited:
Well tried the choc shot in pporridge instead of nutella and... it's kind of bitter. Not really chocolatey in the porridge. On it's own it's okay, but yeah, not for me in porridge i don't think.

Well done on the STS , hope you can be good before your birthday:)
I have the Choc shot but not overly keen either... Let us know how the Mac and cheese goes with the quark, I usually buy quark but never get to using it on anything....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you. Glad i'm not the only one who's not a fan, everyone at group waxes lyrical about it. Might try it on some berries tonight and see how that is.

Had a lovely dinner. Mixed some cheese and milk into butter beans which made quite a nice mash, for butter beans at least. Mushroom and onion gravy was pretty good too. Made a nice change from my normal SP recipes.

Tried the choc shot with some apple last night too. Just hmmm no. It's weird, not a bad taste but yeah I think i'd rather syn something that tastes more chocolatey. Saying that I now have a whole container of it to use up so I guess i'll have to find a use for it.

Friday (SP)

Lunch: ww pitta bread (hexB 1) with 30g cheddar (hexA), butter beans (p), quorn pieces (p), tomatoes (s), courgette (S), pepper (S), spices
Dinner: x2 toast (hexB 2), scrambled eggs (P), mushrooms (S) and veggie bacon (2 syns), brown sauce (1 syn)
Snacks: x2 alpen light bars (6 syns), apple, apple, special k bar (4.5 syns), salad (lettuce, pepper, cucumber, spring onion and tomatoes with cottage cheese and 1 tsp balsamic glaze (1 syn)
Drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash, coke zero
Total Syns: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Definitely struggling for dinner ideas atm, especially as i'm low of food and won't be able to get any in until Sunday. My brother is over tomorrow so I expect he might want a chilli or stew so i'll see if i can have an SP version. Also might be going to see family in London on Sunday now so i'll probably have to syn a salad from Morrisons which shouldn't be too bad but won't be SP, unless I make one tomorrow night to take with me which might be a bit better. My dad and step mum seem to do nothing but eat mcdonalds so if I have something prepared I might be less tempted to go off plan...

Lots of work to do today, which is okay because it's a bit colder outside here, so I don't feel like i'm missing out. I had a text this morning telling me to save my syns, so i'm guessing someone has bought me a treat to eat today. So low on food now so i'm not sure what i'll eat the rest of the day - no salad stuff, no eggs, very few veg!

Saturday

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1)
Lunch: mushroom (s) and paprika omelette (p), half a grapefruit (s) with splenda
Dinner: quorn and lentil bolognese with 45g rf cheddar (hexA)
Snacks: apple, quorn pieces, half a brownie (9 syns)
Drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash
Total Syns: 9 syns

Last edited:
Made myself a lovely salad in a mason jar, all SP friendly, then my dad rings to say we're going to toby carvery for lunch now. Slightly annoying as 1) I have very little money atm 2) I'm not a fan of roasts 3) I was trying really hard to stay on plan. I'll have to have a look tomorrow and see if they do anything a bit less calorific than a roast. My dad also said they plan on stopping in mcdonalds for breakfast. I'll take some Alpen bars and apples with me and eat those instead but i'm not feeling good about tomorrow.

Thnk you for the link, I wish I had read it before hand! Luckily? I was feeling a bit poorly and only ate 2 potatoes and some veg.

Had a lovely birthday, ate far too much and was rather poorly for the next week. Let this affect my eating habits far too much. I missed 1 WI due to being ill, this week I had gained 5! Oh dear, definitely not going to reach my goal for April now. I'm still doing SP (I did it last week also but ate over Syns everyday since there was so much bad food in the house, I just kept eating it). Anyway not letting this hold me back, it might take me an extra 2 weeks to get to my goal but I'll get to it. Since I've been doing SP for more than a week I've started adding in an extra A choice, when I remember at least. I have no big events or birthdays from now until August. Should be having a meal out Saturday, not sure where yet tho, but one meal shouldn't be too bad. Had a banana when I woke up this morning, but other than that I consider today an sp day.

thursday (sp)

breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1), banana
lunch: much room omelette
Dinner: quorn and lentil chilli
snack: Apple, x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), pear, crackers (7.5 syns)
drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash and 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 7.5

Having one of those days where I just have a killer sweet craving. I've eaten an absolutely humongous punnet of strawberries, literally the whole thing in one go. Tomorrow some family are coming over for a barbecue. I've decided to not do SP tomorrow as it's just easier that way. Should be able to make everything to my tastes, so probably a few subs for a veggie burger and sausage and coleslaw and ketchup, everything else should be free.

friday

breakfast: 35g porridge (hexB 1) and raspberries with 1tbsp Nutella (4 syns)
lunch: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), 30g cheddar (hexA 1), crackers (7.5 syns) and cucumber
dinner: x2 poached eggs, butternut squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and peppers with x2 veggie sausages (2 syns)
snacks: x2 pears, strawberries, quorn pieces, tomatoes
drinks: 4.5 litres water with nas squash, 250ml as milk (hexA 2)

Irony log yesterday's food as it was all in dribs and drabs, but I do think I ended up being over on syns yesterday. The bbq portion of the meal was fine, but everyone was having dessert after. There were quite a few of us on slimming world but everyone else had a bit of each different type of dessert! I was good and had a small slice of a tart, nothing with it either. It was nice so I'm glad I didn't have ice cream and profiteroles and chocolate sauce and cream like everyone else! I had a few vegetarian haribo in the evening as I could not get rid of my sweet craving, despite eating a fair few apples and pears! I don't think it was too bad though, and I should still be able to lose no problem this week. Doing green again today as there's a few leftover potatoes and sweetcorn that need eating and I hate to waste them.

sunday

breakfast: x2 Special K bars (hexB 1 & 2)
lunch: leftover salad, potatoes and coleslaw (3 syns) and sweetcorn
Dinner: sw chips, x2 large flat mushrooms, 45g rf halloumi
snacks: chocolate rice cakes (12 syns)

monday

breakfast: x2 Special K bars
lunch: mushroom and spinach omelette
dinner: some kind of stew type thing (baked beans, tomatoes, butternut squash, mushrooms, courgette and quorn pieces) with 30g cheddar (hexA)
snacks: Apple x2, pear, punnet of raspberries, Special K barn (4.5 syns)
drinks: half carton smoothie (10 Syns), 1.5 litres water, 500ml sf soda
total syns: 14.5

tuesday
breakfast: Special K bar (hexB 1) and half carton smoothie (10 syns)
lunch: scrambled eggs, veggies sausages (2 syns), baked beans, x2 toast (hexB 2) and mushrooms and tomatoes
dinner:
snacks:
drinks:
total syns:

Forgot to track what I've been eating for the past few days but have been 100% on plan anyway. Lost 4.5lbs at WI on Wednesday, super happy with that since I almost lost what I gained the last two weeks. Setting myself a goal of 8lbs lost for the month of May. Feel like I'm back on track this week, my mindset has shifted back to being determined. It really helps that fruit is going down in price and tastes sweeter, I find it so much easier when I can snack on fruit.

Saturday

Breakfast: x2 special k bars (hexB 1 and 4.5 syns), banana
Lunch: baked beans on x2 toast (hexB 2)
Dinner: baked potato, salad, cottage cheese
Snacks: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and grapes, popcorn (3 syns) and 25g chocolate (5 syns), quorn pieces and tomatoes
Drinks: diet iron brew, water with nas squash
Total Syns: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Sunday

Breakfast: x2 special k bars (hexB 1&2)
Lunch: mushroom and spinach omelette
Dinner: SW pizza (11 syns) with 30g cheddar, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms and courgettes with SW chips and side salad
Snacks: pear, pear, apple, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and grapes
Drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash

Glad you had a lovely birthday :)
The bbq sounded good, but don't know if i could have resisted profiteroles and chocolate sauce ! :drool:
Well done on the 4.5 lbs loss! :)
Hope your next weigh in is as good :)
Strawberries definitely have come down in price, you get loads for £2 now instead of a few for £3 + ! :D

Strawberries definitely have come down in price, you get loads for £2 now instead of a few for £3 + ! :D

Thank you x Definitely, raspberries are cheaper for more too. The bad thing is I'll eat them by the punnet and end up spending too much on strawberries :eek: Can't wait for the pick your own fields to open up around here, £5 gets you enough strawberries for a week.

I'm interested in your diary, don't stop please!

Thank you x No plans on stopping, although I forget to write it down fairly often!

Rather a dull day today, it's not often I don't do something on a bank holiday. I did get lots of house work done though, so I guess it's not a totally wasted day. Forgot to eat until about 2pm. I'm thinking I might try a recipe I've found on here for dinner. Falafels are taking my fancy tonight, maybe with some roasted veggies and couscous, but now I'm sitting down I'm not sure I can be bothered to make anything, so I'll see lol. I'm also eying up some syn free onion bahjis, but I might save those for another night and make a big syn free curry feast.

Monday

Lunch: Porridge (hexB 1) with blueberries, raspberries and 1 tbsp nutella (4 syns)
Dinner: Falafels (6 syns), roasted veggies (peppers, carrots and mushrooms) and couscous
Snacks: Special K bar (hexB 2), x2 pears, apple, pear, chocolate (5 syns), raspberries, blueberries, grapes and strawberries.
Drinks: 6! litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
Total Syns: 15 syns

Last edited:
syn free onion bahjis sound good :)
There's a recipe on here some have tried from the latest SW mag, it's an advertisment recipe for primula cheese, nacho style feast....it looks absolutely lush, i plan on making it next weekend :D

Back