A new diet... for a new me... food diary!!

you can use two lots of HEXB on bread :)

Excellent news now I am happy!!! I must admit im glad i keep my diary on here because then people can tell me if i am doing it right or wrong too and give me some hints too!!

Now I am going to have to work harder on my diet then anything else! This is because when i dislocated my arm I didnt know how long I would feel pain for!! Well i went back to the hospital yesterday and they told me i couldnt drive or work for the next 3 weeks and because im on an agency that means i had to give my job up!! :wave_cry:

But its not a problem im going to focus on my diet and do lots of walking as im unable to excersise with my arms which is rubbish but i can focus on what im going to eat anyway ;)

If anyone can give me any ideas or thoughts on my diet please say
Thanks all

1st Week - lost 41b
2nd Week - stayed the same weight
3rd Week - stayed the same weight

4th/5th and 6th week hopefully going to loose loads!!!!

Tuesday 24th August and Wednesday 25th August

Tuesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Wheetabix and milk (HExA & B)

Lunch
Mugshot - Free
Grapes - Free

Banana
Packet of wotsits - 5 syns

Tea
I went out to a friends for tea and i had a curry and rice (im not sure how many syns i had but it sounded healthy so im putting it down for approx 10 syns)

Had a small glass of wine too approx 4 syns

So i had approx 19 syns today

Wednesday - Red Day

Breakfast - Wheetabix and milk (HEXa&B)

Banana

Lunch - Bacon and egg toastie - HEXB

Packet of Wotsits - 5 syns

grapes

Tea - Bacon, onion and mushroom omlette with salad
An easy but nice tea

So far i have had 5 syns today but im going the cinema tonight and although i wont eat loads i know i will have a bit of popcorn

Thursday 12th August

Tea - Chicken Rogan Josh (this was taken from the SW magazine and it is lovely!!!) with rice

Oh I am so glad to hear that because I've earmarked that for Saturday night - is it quite mild? thinking would my 10 year old eat it - she loves rogan josh normally

Ouch! dislocated shoulder does not sound fun - how are you managing to get dressed etc? Whenever we go cinema (a) because it's so bloody expensive and (b) because of the diet, I always take a goody bag for each of us, OH and I have can diet coke, fruit, and I pop tesco and buy those sweeties 3 bags for £1 and divide them between our daughter and her friend, that way we never cheat

Oh I am so glad to hear that because I've earmarked that for Saturday night - is it quite mild? thinking would my 10 year old eat it - she loves rogan josh normally

Yes it is mild... I always usually have mild currys but my fella usually likes stronger ones but he was impressed by this one too try it im sure you will like it... infact we have decided to have it again tomorrow haha :)

Ouch! dislocated shoulder does not sound fun - how are you managing to get dressed etc? Whenever we go cinema (a) because it's so bloody expensive and (b) because of the diet, I always take a goody bag for each of us, OH and I have can diet coke, fruit, and I pop tesco and buy those sweeties 3 bags for £1 and divide them between our daughter and her friend, that way we never cheat

Its hard doing things with my arm but im just about managing to get dressed now... but im loving the fact my fella is doing ALL the cooking and doing it well hehe!! But i went and had a small bag of popcorn which was 6 1/2 syns so that wasnt so bad either!! and im with you I never buy popcorn at the cinema its far too much money! But I do need to start thinking about taking other things to the cinema and you have given me some ideas :)

Thursday 26th August

Extra Easy Day

Ok the first part of the day went well for breakfast i had

Bacon, scrambled eggs, beans and one piece of wholemeal bread (Bread HEXB)

Milk for coffee (HEXA)

Lunch - Mugshot, Banana and the other piece of wholemeal bread

some grapes

Now as you can see today i wasnt doing too badly and then this evening it went horribly wrong and thats because me and my partner decided to go out and at that point i ate *cringe* Sausage, chips and gravy.... now this was in a pub but i cant even begin to imagine how much it is so im going to guestimate that the chips are approx 17 1/2 syns the sausage is approx 8 syns?? and the gravy is about 3 syns.... and so im going to guess that this rubbish meal cost me approx 28 1/2 syns. Now usually if its a special occasion then i dont mind doing this many syns but for what i had tonight once i thought about it i am now thinking... OH MY GOD WHY DID I EAT THAT??? But there is nothing i can do about it now but just remember this feeling for next time!!

Thanks Donnajt... its always nice to get comments like yours to make me feel a bit better and your right i will claw back some syns per day!! Although my WI is tomorrow morning ooops but its not something im going to feel guilty about i just have to give myself a good old kick and get myself back on track!!!

Well I had my weigh in today and I lost 1/2lb which now makes me wonder how much i could of lost if i had tried a bit harder this week?? But watch this space im hoping to loose more weight over the next few months anyway haha :)

Thanks donnajt... im going to get serious about this diet and try and stop having those slips too!!

Today Friday 27th August - my extra easy day

Breakfast - Special K and Milk - HEXA & B

Banana - Free

Lunch - Mugshot - Free

Packet of Wotsits - 5.5 syns

lots of Grapes

And for tea tonight I have just put on a chicken rogan josh and with that I will have rice! Ooooh ive just found a recipe for syn free onion bhajis so im going to try and make some of them too.. I will let you know what they taste like later hopefully they are going to be good haha!

So far i have only had 5.5 syns but if I have anything more I will add it on here later :)

Ok i has 3 go ahead biscuits to end my day and they come up as 9 syns which I think is far too much for go aheads!!

Last edited:
Good morning all... now I haven't written my diary for the last few days! This is because I have been away camping, my diet wasn't the best but we did loads of walking so im hoping that it wont effect my weight too much!! But on a brighter note we took loads of 1 syn sausages from Tescos so fingers crossed.

So today I am back on the diet... and I am going to do some walks for exercise as i still cant exercise properly with my arm but walking is still good!! I will write my daily food diary later on when i decide what to eat!! :)

Tuesday 31st August RED DAY

Breakfast - Wheetabix and milk (HEX A & B)

Lunch - Brunch... I had 1 sausage (1 Syn), 2 bacon, poached egg, mushrooms and beans (5 syns) and a piece of wholemeal bread (HEX B)
Total syns for lunch is 6 syns

loads of grapes

Tea - Pork, loads and loads of veg, sage and onion stuffing (4 syns), Aunt bessies yorkshire pud (1 syn)
Total suns for tea is 5 syns

Pudding a muller light yoghurt

Apple

Total syns for the day is 11 syns which isnt so bad for such a yummy days food!!

Ok after being really good all day i then had a packet of monster munch which took me to 17 syns :(

Last edited:
good luck with the walks, i took the kids out for a walk several times last week so it was gentle not rush rush, and i am sure it helped me lose 3lbs this week

hey thats good news!! I went for a nice long walk today and im going to go on another one tomorrow...
Tomorrow im going to walk to cineworld and watch a film I think... not sure which one to watch yet :)

Wednesday 1st September 2010

RED DAY

Breakfast - Porridge with milk and banana (HEXA & B)

Grapes

Lunch - Mugshot and 2 piece of toast (HEXB)

Tea - Pork steak and loads of nice salad

Mullerlight yoghurt

And after doing so well I again messed up this day by having 2 chocolate hobnobs which i have no idea how many syns they are!! :cry:

Back