A Night Of Heroes

fillymum

synful soul
Amazing, unbelievable people.

Tears streaming down my face.

I hope they will all be looked after in the way in which they deserve to be.

I can't watch things like this Sue, I just cry (like you).

I'm so pleased our Armed Forces get recognised in this way, they are wonderful.

Jeremy Vine had a special on today with BFBS and calls to the troops, I was in tears during the trailer so no way could I listen to the programme when it came on.

I'm such a big softy!

I can't watch either,but am very proud of the armed forces

My hubby was in the army for 22 years and can understand all the stress and worries for them.

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

and I could not not watch it even though the tears were there all night. Sometimes streaming, sometimes just held back.

What amazing wonderful people. I know it is their job but how many folks would want to do it and do it like they do.

For me the huge question is................and for what ??? I do not want this to become a political thread it is just my personal question...............for what.

I am astounded so many people have seen this topic and so few have responded.

Ah well that is the way of the world today.

My 14 yr old son is planning to go into the army,he wants to gi to army 6 th form college ,then become a combat enginer( sorry spelt wrong!) very proud of him, and he understands all the risks, he see' s it as a good career and education.

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

fillymum said:

My hubby and I both watched this last night and both shed a tear...quite a few to be honest! Especially with the list of those who have lost their lives, they had their ages next to them, all so young! I've been meaning to comment all day! So proud of what those men and women do!!

Most people these days do it because it's a good, steady job and there's not much else on offer. There is always 3 meals and a bed for the night (not always a nice bed, but a bed all the same!).

I don't think many do it for "queen and country" these days, but most of those who do go to "war" "conflict" or whatever else you call it, don't mind going and know the risks.

It's a tough job and heartfelt thanks to those who do it.

and I could not not watch it even though the tears were there all night. Sometimes streaming, sometimes just held back.

What amazing wonderful people. I know it is their job but how many folks would want to do it and do it like they do.

For me the huge question is................and for what ??? I do not want this to become a political thread it is just my personal question...............for what.

Well, call me an old-fashioned sycophant, but for the honour of representing HRH Queen Elizabeth II and the greatest nation of them all - bar none!

Back