A Poll/ celebrating or not ???

are you celebrating the royal wedding

• yes

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • no

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! What an incredible occasion! They've done so well the pair of them, cool as cucumbers and stunning looking. Honestly, this country sure knows how to put on a 'do'. I've been teary watching it cos it's so lovely and lord knows I'm no particular royalist, it's just great seeing everyone so happy.

I have to say I am a republican but do think that William is probably the most "normal" royal we've ever had.

They make a very nice couple and it was a lovely occasion.

Just one thing...can someone explain to me why the minor royals have attended in minibuses?:8855:

Now that was worth watching it for.

Yeah that was funny. Bet they were all hoping for a lift in a rolls and then the people carriers rocked up. It's because they're just a normal couple you know!

I've been quite surprised by the level of negativity about the whole thing (not on here but in general).

Too many "bah humbugs" around

I'm finding it's mostly youngsters, very sad in my opinion :wave_cry:

Well I gave in & watched. I have to say I thought the sister's dress was actually the more lovely. Appeals to me, being simple, almost Grecian,fluid, figure sculpting (grrr!) & just looked so serene & gorgeous. I loved the cowl neckline. I wasnt that keen on all the lace on Kate's dress, although she did look very pretty...

I watched and I LOVED it. She looked STUNNING!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2871257343.jpg
    image-2871257343.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
.Nicki. said:
She looks every bit the princess and i loved that william mouthed 'you look beautiful' to her when she got up there, i'm a little teary myself

I've filled up a FEW times through the day! It was beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Loved watching it on tv. Felt proper patriotic just wish I could have been there in the crowds, a good feel factor day, at last something to celebrate here, and everyone looked so happy. It was lovely, made me cry!!!

kate looked amazing! they make a lovely couple. so down to earth!

I loved it all. Kate and Pippa's dresses were both gorgeous.

I'm not a fan of the royals in the slightest, but of course was going to watch it, as it is a historic moment. couldn't be doing with all the hype around it though!

My friends get married tomorrow and were really excited about it, and had a "tea" at the local pub with tea and scones while watching the wedding, which I went to. It was nice to see everyone excited about something!

I think they make a lovely couple-truly in love! Kate looked beautiful. I want to know what Harry said to Will though just before Kate came down the aisle-when he looked round, said something to Will and giggled.

A good day, and has got us all in the mood for the wedding tomorrow :)

We had a fabulous day. Enjoyed every second of it.

The wedding was perfect and the coverage superb.

We had a fabulous day. Enjoyed every second of it.

The wedding was perfect and the coverage superb.

So glad you had a fab day Fillymum :D I was thinking of you this morning whilst I was trying to listen to it on my laptop amongst toy buses and toast ;) And there was you enjoying your international BBQ :p :D
Got to see bits up to Kate arriving at the church, then a train ride promise had to be kept :D Asda was quiet anyway ;)
:wavey:

...our Spanish friends make us laugh none of them can believe that they are paying for their own wedding when he is a future king it was on Spanish T.V. last night.

What numpty on Spanish TV bought that nonsense?!!

It's not officially a state occasion as William is not heir apparent. Won't be until his grandmother dies. There's the difference as far as "funding" is concerned.

Aside from the fact that I am astounded that anyone should expect the public purse to completely fund the wedding of the offspring of a millionaire and a multi-millionaire when the rest of us can barely sleep at night for worry about our own finances...I think you will find that this wedding has cost the taxpayer many tens of millions of pounds - some £20 million I understand on security alone. This coming out of police budgets when they are facing massive cutbacks and redundancies.

Paying for their own wedding my arse!! :)

What numpty on Spanish TV bought that nonsense?!!

It's not officially a state occasion as William is not heir apparent. Won't be until his grandmother dies. There's the difference as far as "funding" is concerned.

Aside from the fact that I am astounded that anyone should expect the public purse to completely fund the wedding of the offspring of a millionaire and a multi-millionaire when the rest of us can barely sleep at night for worry about our own finances...I think you will find that this wedding has cost the taxpayer many tens of millions of pounds - some £20 million I understand on security alone. This coming out of police budgets when they are facing massive cutbacks and redundancies.

Paying for their own wedding my arse!! :)

I could not say what "numpty" on Spanish T.V. said it as I did not see it and I was only posting a remark made by some one from here. It actually makes me cross that there is so much misinformation in the press on a global level.

I understand 100% what you are saying. We have the same worries ourselves here, no different at all.

Back