• yes

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • no

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Starlight said:
How about British??? ;)

I think Friday was a fantastic day for the entire country :)

I guess you're right... Specially with him being William WALES lol ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I watched it from start to finish and absolutely loved the whole thing.

She looked stunning, he looked handsome, Pippa almost stole the show in that fabulously simple dress!!

We don't do enough flag-waving in this country, so it was wonderful to see the people looking so happy and the sense of community was fab.

We are always putting ourselves and this country down but I have to say that nowhere else in the world can lay on a 'do' like we can. The day was absolutely faultless :D Proud to be English :D:D

Sorry to drag this up again but I am trying to catch up with all the posts I have missed in the last few days.

That is beautifully put.....sums it up so well........yes proud to be a Brit abroad and hear the comments from so many different nationalities.

Chelsea Lou said:
I always considered myself British until the Scots and Welsh reclaimed their national identities.....so English I am :D

Blimey. I never thought of THAT! :-0

Blimey. I never thought of THAT! :-0

I hope I'm not offending anyone with my views, its just that the Scots always refer themselves as Scottish, the Welsh are equally as proud to call themselves Welsh in the first instance and I thought "Why am I still calling myself British?" I am English, proud to be so, so its English first and also a very proud Briton second.

:D

Chelsea Lou said:
I hope I'm not offending anyone with my views, its just that the Scots always refer themselves as Scottish, the Welsh are equally as proud to call themselves Welsh in the first instance and I thought "Why am I still calling myself British?" I am English, proud to be so, so its English first and also a very proud Briton second.

:D

No! You're actually SPOT ON! How many people in England actually bother with St Georges day? And we SHOULD! we ARE English and should be proud. I'm a firm believer in everyone celebrating an being ALLOWED to celebrate their heritage and culture. It something we could all benefit from. We should learn about other people cultures and heritage and they should learn about ours. With tolerance. And even join in! Just like the Chinese who celebrate new year in Feb. And we all join in with the festivities (well WE do in Liverpool as we have one of The oldest Chinese communities. ) wouldn't it be great if we all celebrated and joined in with these things? :)

No! You're actually SPOT ON! How many people in England actually bother with St Georges day? And we SHOULD! we ARE English and should be proud. I'm a firm believer in everyone celebrating an being ALLOWED to celebrate their heritage and culture. It something we could all benefit from. We should learn about other people cultures and heritage and they should learn about ours. With tolerance. And even join in! Just like the Chinese who celebrate new year in Feb. And we all join in with the festivities (well WE do in Liverpool as we have one of The oldest Chinese communities. ) wouldn't it be great if we all celebrated and joined in with these things? :)

What a fab post!!!

Ask anyone in this country when St. Patrick's day is and they can all tell you. I know because my DD1 was born on 17th March lol. You go into any pub in England on 17/03 and EVERYBODY is celebrating. And why not?? Love it but so wished we would do the same for OUR Saint? I think it is great when people from all walks of life/religions come together to celebrate. What a fantastic spectacle London was last week with all the nationalities, colours of skin, religions etc enjoying the Capital and the fabulous celebrations of two young people getting married. The world could do with a lot more of this. Prince Harry anyone? ;) xx

Chelsea Lou said:
What a fab post!!!

Ask anyone in this country when St. Patrick's day is and they can all tell you. I know because my DD1 was born on 17th March lol. You go into any pub in England on 17/03 and EVERYBODY is celebrating. And why not?? Love it but so wished we would do the same for OUR Saint? I think it is great when people from all walks of life/religions come together to celebrate. What a fantastic spectacle London was last week with all the nationalities, colours of skin, religions etc enjoying the Capital and the fabulous celebrations of two young people getting married. The world could do with a lot more of this. Prince Harry anyone? ;) xx

Yep Chelsea it was a brilliant spectacle! And I wholly agree!!...... And I'll take Prince Harry if he's goin ;-)....... Princess Annie, Duchess of liverpool!..... Has a certain ring to it dontcha think lol...... Although I'm old enough to be his older sister *cough splutter! * :-I

Starlight said:
Im usually fiercely proud to be Scottish but I think on Friday it was one day where it actually achieved something few, or actually, no other event could, it pulled the country together and for once we were all united.

Friday was one day (only one mind) where Id have classed myself as British :)

Lol. It was a fabulous feelgood kinda day!!

Yep Chelsea it was a brilliant spectacle! And I wholly agree!!...... And I'll take Prince Harry if he's goin ;-)....... Princess Annie, Duchess of liverpool!..... Has a certain ring to it dontcha think lol...... Although I'm old enough to be his older sister *cough splutter! * :-I
Well I definitely would..........if I had to lol. Do you think he is into older, menopausal women? :D

Im usually fiercely proud to be Scottish but I think on Friday it was one day where it actually achieved something few, or actually, no other event could, it pulled the country together and for once we were all united.

Friday was one day (only one mind) where Id have classed myself as British :)
Exactly Starlight, Scottish and proud but for some reason we aren't allowed to say English. Example: A few years ago I submitted my CV to an agency and it stated that I was English. They changed it to British, so I changed it back. They would never have done that to a Scottish or Welsh person. I think we should all be proud of our nationality and when times call for it then we all come together under the Union Jack and be British. Win/win.:D

Lol. It was a fabulous feelgood kinda day!!

It certainly was.....everyone was smiling and being friendly and talking. Its only when something like last Friday happens you realise how insular and uncaring we have all become as a society. The royals can have a wedding every year if it makes us feel this good :D

I think we should all be proud of our nationality and when times call for it then we all come together under the Union Jack and be British. Win/win.:D

lol Couldnt agree more (that was my original point really)

And I definitely think were the only country in the entire world who could do a day like last Friday. Im not a great fan of massive pomp and ceremony but the sight of the carriages and the horses etc... och you cant beat it ;)

Actually the mere fact the wedding was covered world wide is testament to that. Can you imagine us having live coverage and massive media attention at the wedding of some foreign royal? Just wouldnt happen but other countries just couldnt get enough of the wedding on Friday.

That's why London has so
Much tourism. They LOVE it! I know there's a lot of spongers and hangers on in the royal family. But hopefully. The pompousness and self importance of them all will change with the generations and Dianas legacy :).

Here endeth the lesson. Lol ;-)

lol Couldnt agree more (that was my original point really)

And I definitely think were the only country in the entire world who could do a day like last Friday. Im not a great fan of massive pomp and ceremony but the sight of the carriages and the horses etc... och you cant beat it ;)

Actually the mere fact the wedding was covered world wide is testament to that. Can you imagine us having live coverage and massive media attention at the wedding of some foreign royal? Just wouldnt happen but other countries just couldnt get enough of the wedding on Friday.

I can vouch for that as on the Saurday at work I had folks of all nationalities telling me how fantastic the wedding was and only heard one minor critisism and that was of Katies hairstyle.........nit picker !!!!

I literally see 100's of people of all nationality's and was swelling with pride at their comments.

Back