A quest for the old happy Em

That's the spirit! Good luck for weigh in :) I lost 2lb very pleased especially after the weekend away. ( my weigh in is tues morn) no treats today, I'm doing 7 days 100% can't change my ticker from my phone don't think???? X

Well done on your loss TrimTrixy! Like you my aim is for 7 100% days now till next WI as for once I don't have any meals out planned or any events which might make me eat something non SW. Last night wasn't great, half a pound off rather than a full pound but I think that had more to do with eating my tea before going which I haven't done before. My scales in the morning were still showing a one pound loss so I'm not worried I've gained half a pound back or anything. Evening weigh ins are bound to fluctuate a lot.

I have to meet up with the health trainer tonight who organised the SW vouchers for me to assess my progress so far. I told her originally with my problems I can only hope for a pound a week so set my target as 12lb in the 12 week course. So far I've done 4.5 pounds in 4 weeks so she should be happy enough with that. Plus we're meeting at a pub I pass on my way home which is on her way home too so I can meet her a bit later and not have to leave work too early so that was a relief. I don't drink alcohol so a diet coke is SW friendly :)

I've also done week one of my bronze body magic so onto week two now and I plan to do lots more Wii - my new game should hopefully arrive today for me to try tonight. Assuming of course I can convince my boyfriend to get off the xbox for half hour ;) .....well if he wants a skinny girlfriend it's in his own interest right!?

I'm sure your weight loss would have been more if you hadn't had your tea and it's not normally something you do. You should have a great loss next week. Same as you I've got no social events on for the week, so nothing to tempt me apart from pictures Sat night with my husband for our wedding anniversary. Must say I'm really enjoying the plan and have had some tasty meals last few days, so doesn't feel like a 'diet'

We should both do well this week then with no temptations! Yesterday was a 100% day of 11.5 syns and an hour on the Wii. Not on my new game though :( it hasn't arrived. Hopefully today so I can play tonight.

My tea didn't feel diety at all as I had cheesy chips :) I haven't been using my HEXA lately unless I have ryvita for lunch so I thought 'why am I being silly and not having my delicious cheese that I love!?'. So I heaped some on my rustic chips which were 3 syns, shoved it back in the oven for a few minutes and had a very yummy tea. That Low Low cheddar is actually quite nice for low fat stuff, the best I've tasted I think and it actually melts properly. My boyfriend said 'is that allowed as it looks naughty' but yes it was totally allowed and I'll be doing it again :D

Out of the office today so I'll be back on the Ryvita and dairylea for lunch instead of soup. Might have the soup for tea instead as it needs using up.

Hi EmmyLou, just popping in to say hello. How did you get on with your health trainer? Like the sound of those cheesy chips:) Thats the sort of food that would bring a smile to anyones face. Hope you have a good weekend. x

Hi Jane, health trainer just wanted to know how it was going. Really quick meeting and I just had to answer a few questions on how I felt so far blah blah blah. Won't have to see her again till nearly the end of the 12 weeks now.

Only lost half a pound this week but half a pound is half a pound. Especially as it's * week. Been playing my new Wii game and it's sooo hard! I've only done the practice bits but some of the steps in the dances are so complicated and it goes to super speed before you have chance to get your head round it. Good in a way though as you're concentrating on getting the moves right so you're not thinking 'boring exercise' and it did get me sweating :)

New recipe for this weekend was a strawberry pud made with very low fat framage frais and sugar free jelly all mixed with gelatine and poured in a loaf tin. Mmm, was really good and only half a syn a portion. My other great success was trying the Smash pizza recipe at last. Two great finds in one weekend makes up for the manky aubergine pasta last week! Even my boyfriend thought it was great so we made it again tonight and he had ham and pineapple on his. He spent ages shaping into a perfect rectangle rather than the splodge shape pizza I made, such a perfectionist ;)

Scales are still saying I've lost half a pound this morning and I won't be having tea before class tonight so hopefully it'll show on those scales too. Still a bit of a poor show in class but can't do more than I've done.

No more exciting recipes tried so far this week and tonight will be a quick tea after class. Where do people find the time to do so much cooking!? Wish I was one of them :)

Saw a friend last night who was keeping a diary on here and was losing weight at a rate of 3lb a week or more. She's put it all back on and she's putting the diet on hold till her house is sold. I can totally relate to her needing her head in the right place as you need to really be focussed. I think she prefers her own way of dieting though and wouldn't try SW with me.

I know, I was a bit surprised as she seemed so determined this time, but she can always find the will power to lose it when she really wants to and her head's in the right place. To me she looks a perfect size anyway (5ft 2 and a size 10/12) so it's not like she's putting her health at risk. The number of people who keep the weight off long term isn't very high unfortunately but we all hope we'll buck the trend right!?

Last night was a shock - 1.5lb off! Half a pound of that was what didn't show on the class scales last week due to me eating my tea before going, half a pound was real loss this week and the other half a pound seemed to have fallen off during the day as my scales are weighing me half a pound lighter than yesterday now too :) I'm hoping I can manage a pound next week as that'd give me my half stone award in class - my first sticker! I'm just under 2lb away from my 3.5 stone award here though.....so close.

Tonight I'm going to give the mushy pea curry a go. It looks simple enough which always goes down well with me as I'm a lazy cook....the less pots and pans the better! I'm also hoping to get on the Wii again as maybe doing some exercise has helped get my weight loss up a bit this week so far. I'm also now working on my third week towards my bronze body magic.

I left the house this morning with my boyfriend telling me I looked like a tramp :eek: He was referring to the fact my trousers are now sliding down and looking rather voluminous at the bottom and one of the hems came undone this morning so that's hanging down too. I admit it doesn't look the best. My lunch break will be spent stitching them back up I think - like a good Brownie I always carry a sewing kit for emergencies :D

Well what do you know, yet another great SW recipe I'll be making again! Mushy pea curry was really simple to make, tasted good and there's enough for my lunch today, tea tonight and lunch tomorrow too. Bit repetative but I don't mind that. My boyfriend is ill at the moment so is just eating toast but he had one mouthful and said he'd try it next time I made it.

Scales were being even kinder to me this morning - yes I still can't kick the habit! another 0.3 of a lb off.

Tomorrow night I'm out at a comedy club with food beforehand. They have a bean chilli which is probably more synful than the Wetherspoon 5 bean chilli but it's the better option than pizza. Going to be good all day and hope for the best.

Hope everyone enjoys the sun today, Spring is most definitely here.....must be time for some body magic in the garden.

:D:D size 16 black trousers on right now!!! :D:D Ok so they must be a very generous size 16 but still, the label says 16 and that's what counts ;-)

Really nice to be wearing trousers that fit too. I'd had enough yesterday of hoiking my trousers up all the time and thought I'd bite the bullet and wear the 16's. The next size down always feel a bit snug to start with though don't they, even if they're a perfect fit, as you've been wearing way too big ones for ages beforehand. I worry the bum is going to split or something and keep discreetly feeling with my hand when I get up to check they're still intact ;)

I'm feeling rather smug about last night too - came home and my boyfriend was clearly feeling better as he wanted fish and chips for tea but I said 'you can if you like but I'm making a smash pizza'. He wanted me to go get them so didn't have any in the end as I wasn't. I made the smash a tad runny so it was a bit of a flop but still yummy. I knew I'd be out tonight so really didn't want to go off plan and ended up with a 10 syn day, my lowest all week.

I was shown the wrong menu for tonight so there isn't a bean chili afterall....just pizza. Which is my favourite but I was trying to be good! If fate wants me to eat the pizza, so be it. Calorie wise today that should be fine though as I just have a hi-fi bar, an apple and some mushy pea curry to see me through till 7-30pm :eek: I'm going to be chewing my arms off. My boyfriend polished off the last of my muller lights so no yoghurt even. I'll really enjoy that pizza though.....so long as I remember to chew and savour it in my ravenously hungry state.

I'm going to be wearing a dress tonight I haven't worn since one of the first dates with my boyfriend back in 2006 so I'm about the same size as when he met me now. Much more weight loss and I'll be the smallest he's ever seen me other than in photos :D I think he'd still like me to lose a bit more but he'd be happy with me at a 16 as that wouldn't be fat but 'curvy'.

I'M OVERWEIGHT!!!!!! Yes, something to celebrate as the NHS now class me as overweight and not OBESE. I know all the BMI stuff is nonsense but it's still my next milestone reached. I know I often appear shocked at my weight loss but this week is even more shocking as I've not lost 3lb since my first week. Yes, you read right, 3lbs!! (well 2.9lb but close enough):D

So that's also my 3.5 stone award - yay me! All that extra Wii time must have helped. Shame I'm too ill with a cold to do any this week :( Having trouble changing my sticker at the moment but that new one will be on there once I get to a PC instead of the boyfriends Mac as that always seems to be the problem for some reason.

So onwards and downwards.....

Thanks TrimTrixy, just got to try and NOT get on the scales this week as that loss is bound to fluctuate back up a tiny bit and that'll just upset me! Hope you're having a good week.

Hi Jane, feeling better today thanks. Still got a bit of a cough but feeling less eugh and sluggish. Not going to stay to class tonight as I'm hoping for an early night but hopefully I'll get that pound off and get my half stone award.

Well I managed one day off the scales from Sunday....had to hop on again this morning. They were saying I'd lost another 1.6 lb since Sunday which is just silly, I can't have. It does mean I'm more hopeful that I'll lose that pound at class tonight though.

Feeling very full up at the moment with smash pizza and raspberry pud (jelly and fromage frais mixed up with raspbarries and set). Not sure I should eat again till after class as it's bound to weigh heavy in my stomach!

I decided to stay to class in the end as I lost 3lb and got my half stone award :) It's now on the fridge door. My boyfriend suggested I add a 3 to the front of it if I feel cheated it's a half stone certificate instead of a 3.5 stone one!

The class has a few much bigger people in it now and one lady got her 1.5 stone award in 3 weeks last night. 7lb loss a week!!?? Insane. She's a size 24ish but still. Every loss read out had my friend seething as she's still strugling to shift those final few pounds. I personally think she's just not eating enough and the consultant agreed and told her to use her syns. I'd love to be told to eat more!! Another target member got to target a few weeks ago then lost 3.5lbs in a week.....gained it back....then lost 4.5lb last night. I couldn't lose that if I tried let alone if I was a size 10 target member. I don't think she got a lot of sympathy from everyone, more evil looks than anything - in a light hearted way of course.

I try not to get too jealous of all the other members who have lost loads but I do find it hard. They all seem to lose it so quickly....most who joined about the time I did are either on a stone award or beyond already....makes me feel like people will think I'm just not trying hard enough. I know you shouldn't compare yourself to others as we all lose at different rates but it's hard not to.

Still feeling good about my overall loss though and my new sticker, and the fact I'm seeing a '2' at the start of my BMI on the scales each day. Must do more Wii this week though and join the gym on Friday.

We had a guy from the local gym in our class last night (they picked the most fit trainer they had and I don't mean 'can run a marathon' fit!). It was a good deal he was selling but still not as good as the gym near my office I'm going to join and not as quiet either in terms of being able to get on kit. I'm actually looking forward to being a gym member again even though I've only had a month off.....I want to start rowing regularly. My boyfriend said that's the best way to build up my bingo wings into something resembling 'shapely' ;-)

Well done EmmyLou! I know how you feel. Last time I went to classes I was losing on average about 0.5lbs a week because of the statins. Even when I stopped taking them I didn't have massive losses like other people and I was sure that they thought I was cheating. Anyway the important thing is that you have done amazingly well, so don't forget that. X

Thanks Jane. Glad I'm not the only one who feels her progress is painfully slow. Mine's probably thyroid related but it still doesn't make me feel better about it, like knowing it's your statins probably doesn't to you. The consultant did ask 'so what did you do different this week?' as if I was going to come up with some revalation about what I'd been doing wrong up till now. Llike a lady the other week who'd been thinking chicken and pasta were superfree so was doing EE to the letter and not losing weight till the whole class put her straight.....when she started doing it right she's lost 2.5lb a week since!

I said 'I've been doing exactly the same every week, this week was no different so I don't know where that came from'. I wasn't going to lie and I'm not having people think I'm not trying my hardest. The friend I go with said she was sticking to it rigidly but still wasn't losing weight - except the 28g of cereal for breakfast which was silly and wasn't enough and having just a cup a soup for lunch.When I asked what the syn value was as I know they aren't very low apart from the mugshots she said she didn't know but it was low in calories so it wasn't that that she was doing wrong. It makes you wonder how many people bother reading the books!? Why go to class if you can't even be bothered to read the books. In her case I think she's just not eating enough i.e less than 1000cals a day, but was she is eating isn't strictly SW.

Just had cous cous from this months magazine for lunch, and I stink of onion now! Just as well we have partitions up between each desk so people can't smell me ;) Not sure what's for tea tonight, need to get my thinking cap on.....and my planning cap for next week as I keep not planning my meals and it leads to having rustic oven chips every night. Whilst totally on plan of course (2syns for 200g) I still shouldn't do it every other night. I'm getting through a bag a week for heavens sake! I'll start to look like one soon......hmm, brown and slim with a flat tummy and ever so tasty looking....I could pull that off :D

Back