A quest for the old happy Em

Oh no, sorry to hear that Jane :( I know not every health authority do it so it's just the usual NHS postcode lottery. I didn't really expect ours to to be honest and was surprised. You've still got us though :D

Yesterday went well, just 5 syns, so I've allowed myself a 13 syn birthday cookie today as I brought them into work :eek:

Not having any syns for the rest of the day so it should be fine. I have grapes to take with me tomorrow to nibble on and will just have an alpen light bar for breakfast and skip lunch....save it all up for the chinese buffet, mmmmm. I'll be shopping so won't notice the hunger too much.

Birthday plans for tomorrow are a trip to Ikea, the Chinese supermarket, a fish pedicure in town, bit of shopping and then out for a meal with my parents and boyfriend in the evening.

I don't get to go to the Chinese supermarket very often so will have to resist buying fresh Mochi with all my might as they're a rare treat too but very naughty. Stick to cheap bags of sushi rice and some spices instead. And no deep fried tofu either!

Off to have some syn free parsnip soup for lunch now. Then grapes for this afternoon. I've noticed the amount of fruit and veg I'm writing in my food diary adds up to more than I thought. Well either that or I'm trying harder this week ;)

Oh, and a sneaky peek on the scales this morning (they leapt out from under the sink and I tripped on to them - honest), has me at my lowest weight yet - 13st 1lb!! I was 13st 2.2 last Sunday. Hurrah :D

Well done EmmyLou:D I have the same problem with the scales but mine shout as well- the only way I can shut them up is to jump on them!;)x

Another weigh in today and still 13st 1 so it wasn't a fluke! I was aiming for 13stone for my birthday but I think that's pretty close ;)

Off out now for some retail therapy and a day of trying to not think about food till my meal out tonight!

Keep up the good work, your diary is really inspiring! Have read through it and just remember when you were hoping to get below the 14's and look at you now!

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank-you all for my birthday messages - even the website sends you an email :)

Had a lovely day shopping, no clothes just a nice bag from Animal as a birthday present from my boyfriend. Saw some gorgeous Doc Martens with a fold down flowery lining and ribbons for laces but even with birthday money £130 was way out of my price range! It reminded me that the equally nice £90 pair they had I also had at home from a few years back and vowed to dig them out and try them on again. I have 5 pairs of knee high boots all boxed away as I could no longer get the zip up more than halfway......they all now do up!!!! Too tight for comfort but it's certainly huge progress. Another half a stone should do it. I was so shocked as I pulled the zip up and realised it wasn't stopping part way.

I have reread my diary once or twice as it reminds me how far I've come. Like you say Gemma, reading the posts about hoping to reach 13 something really make me see I'm getting somewhere. Now I'm hoping for a couple more pounds off to get to 12 something! Blimey. 12 stone something almost sounds like a 'normal' weight for a woman instead of a man like when I was 16 stone 3lb!

Not sure the all you can eat chinese will do me any favours this week on the scales but it was really good. Lots of nice puds too which is unusual for that sort of place. Avoided the chocolate fountain as I find them greasy but had cake and jelly pieces and anything else I could stuff in my belly to the point of popping! You can tell it's a good place when your Dad has to undo his belt and move it a notch ;-)

Hoping the fat club scales show a pound loss tomorrow like mine do as I'll be mortified if I STS or gain in my first week.

Getting a bit nervous about my first weeks weigh in tonight as the scales have gone from saying 13st 1 on Saturday to 13st 1.1, then 13st 1.2 and creeping up 0.1 of a pound every day! Hopefully I'll still scrape a half pound loss so it won't look too bad. I guess if she asks then two meals out in one week will probably be a valid reason and mean it's a miracle I lost anything! I won't be telling the class it's *week of course but I know that accounts for some of it too :-(

Home made syn free carrot and corriander soup for lunch today. Me and another girl at work both made it on the weekend using the same recipe and they look totally different! Might have to have a taste of hers today to see if they taste different too. She used fresh corriander and I used that new birdseye frozen chopped stuff - really easy and saves on waste. I got a basil one too while I was there. Vegetable and not chicken stock might make a difference too.

I still have mochi from the weekend I've been munching on and I have no idea of the syn value. Not even the calories. Nearly all gone though. Might scoff the rest after class to get rid of them ready for a new week tomorrow :)

Class last night wasn't the shameful event I panicked about involving excuses for my STS or tiny loss.....I lost 3lb!!! Well of course I know I haven't lost 3 pounds as I weigh each day pretty much but it looked like a more than respectable loss for a first week in class. Not quite as good as the guy who joined last week with me and lost 8.5 pounds :eek:. He's probably no more than a 36" waist either so not big at all. That's men for you though isn't it, it just falls off them.

My cunning plan to not nip for a wee before getting on the scales last week paid off as I'm sure that's where 2 of those pounds came from.

I'm determined to be 100% for the whole week this week now to make sure the two meals out on Saturday and Monday don't ever show on the scales. Just a meal round a friends house tomorrow which is a home made curry - so lots of rice for me, and then no more temptations for the rest of the week. My boyfriend told me off for eating all the mochi last night but I said I wanted them gone to start a fresh today and I hadn't actually had any tea what with rushing out to class after work so it balanced out. Upset me a bit actually that he was accusing me of being a pig when I'd just come home and said I'd lost 3lb. It was like that didn't mean anything rather than he was proud of me.

EmmyLou30 said:
Class last night wasn't the shameful event I panicked about involving excuses for my STS or tiny loss.....I lost 3lb!!! Well of course I know I haven't lost 3 pounds as I weigh each day pretty much but it looked like a more than respectable loss for a first week in class. Not quite as good as the guy who joined last week with me and lost 8.5 pounds :eek:. He's probably no more than a 36" waist either so not big at all. That's men for you though isn't it, it just falls off them.

My cunning plan to not nip for a wee before getting on the scales last week paid off as I'm sure that's where 2 of those pounds came from.

I'm determined to be 100% for the whole week this week now to make sure the two meals out on Saturday and Monday don't ever show on the scales. Just a meal round a friends house tomorrow which is a home made curry - so lots of rice for me, and then no more temptations for the rest of the week. My boyfriend told me off for eating all the mochi last night but I said I wanted them gone to start a fresh today and I hadn't actually had any tea what with rushing out to class after work so it balanced out. Upset me a bit actually that he was accusing me of being a pig when I'd just come home and said I'd lost 3lb. It was like that didn't mean anything rather than he was proud of me.

Well done :) men can be so bloody unsupportive though!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done :) men can be so bloody unsupportive though!! X

He is usually quite supportive in a 'should you be eating that' or 'how many syns is that, surely you've had enough today' kind of way. Which does sound harsh but he means well and knows the softly softly approach probably doesn't work with me. Not that saying stuff to me does either. I'd rather have the odd nice comment like 'that looks really nice on you' or 'you're looking slimmer than you did a few months back'. I'm terrible for needing reassurance though, comes from have no confidence I suppose.....hence the quest for the old happy Em :)

Hope your weeks are both going well too Jane and Gemma. x

Hello beautiful, happy belated birthday! Hope you're doing well, I'd love to have someone nudging me here and there about sticking to my syns - unfortunately I really don't, and got very very very off-track yesterday with my stick-thin cousin during a trip to the cake aisle in Sainsbury's, so punishing myself with no syns for a good few days! Congrats on the weight to lose starting with 2! And also, you've nearly lost 20%!!! :D :D :D If that doesn't deserve a :banana dancer: then what does?! xxx

Aw thank-you! I guess that is a fair bit now :)

I had Mum show me a photo she'd found recently accompanied by the comment 'I thought how skinny you looked in this picture so thought I'd show you'. Not really sure why. Whether it was to say look what you used to be like and you should be disgusted with yourself how fat you are now, or whether it was to say that's what you looked like after reaching you target last time so you can do it again. Knowing her it wasn't the later to be honest. I remember when the photo was taken and it was me at my smallest, a small 14 and yes I'd love to be there again, but seeing it doesn't make it magically appear any closer! I've looked at other photos recently of me at my biggest and I'm finally seeing a difference between then and now. Really must get round to putting them on here.

Made some SW quiche last night and it's yum. Just used my HEXA allowance in it and the rest is freeeeee! So I have some at work today to nibble on. My boyfriend complained later in bed that 'that disgusting cooking smell is making me feel sick' so he won't be having any!! I swear he's had a nose swap with a drugs dog or something as I couldn't smell a thing all the way upstairs and he's always sensitive to any smell ages after it's been cooked. Didn't spot the whiff of pizza the other week I sneakily had though when he was out - masked it with a fresh cut roses yankee candle! ;)

Just got myself a bargain in the comapny book pile - the sort of thing that an outside company brings in each month and then our company make money on each sale and give it to charity. SW ultimate recipe book for £6 instead of £16 :D No excuse not to cook some new stuff. One other lady has bought it so I'll be keeping an eye out for her to see if she's lost weight!

I've also asked if one of the girls at work (the one losing weight who weighs herself just once a month!) would like any of my old clothes. We have a very similar taste in clothes but I thought we were about the same size so never mentioned it before. When talking about charity shops though she said she'd be interested in trying anything I had as it might fit. I didn't like to say anything before incase she was insulted that I thought she was bigger then me, which isn't what I think at all. Be odd if she has any of the tops and wears them to work though!

Curry at a friends last night wasn't too naughty. It was boiled rice, not a creamy curry but more of a vegetables in a spicy stock curry and a bit of naan bread. Then pud was meringue with fruit on top and a single blob of ice cream (very restrained on the ice cream I thought). Today's a new day and the scales are still being kind to me after the birthday meals so here's hoping for a 100% day today.

Planning on cooking up some soup and maybe trying another new SW recipe on the weekend as it's totally plan free at the moment which is a pleasant change. My boyfriend is off out with mates overnight tonight so will do the Sainsbury's shop on his way back tomorrow morning - saves me a job! Have to resist the temptation to eat naughty stuff tonight though like pizza while he's away.....

OMG!!! I'm 12 stone something for the first time in about 5 years or more :eek: :D Ok so it's 12st 13.2 lb but it's still in the twelves!

2lb off this week and yet again I'm shocked what with two birthday meals out last weekend. That said when I think about all the 'naughty' moments I have the rest of the day is usually a good one so I'm not being as naughty as I could be if I said 'sod it' to the whole day. I think I always make an effort if I know I'm going out for a meal to be good all day beforehand and that seems to be working for me at the moment. It's also a level of will power I wouldn't have managed before getting into SW.

I also had another OMG moment Friday night when trying on clothes from the skinny future clothes box. A pair of next size 16 jeans that I wasn't aware were cut very generously actually fitted. They do have a bit of stretch in them and I won't be wearing them just yet as I have a relatively new pair of 18's to get some wear out of first....but it was such a happy moment I was grinning like a crazy woman! I don't think I've worn those jeans since living at my parents house in 2004. They just came to the new house along with all the other clothes I couldn't get into any more. All the remaining clothes are a size 14 though so I won't be going near the box for months now ;)

Back