A quest for the old happy Em

Quite pleased with myself today as I was really good yesterday food wise and despite the muggy weather I did a good gym session too. Arms ache a bit today from using the weights machine but I was glad I pushed myself to do that, plus 100 sit ups in addition to my usual 30 minutes of cardio stuff.

Not sure what the scales will say tonight at class, hopefully a loss as it's two weeks worth of weigh ins as I didn't go last week. I hopped on the scales this morning and I don't think they read quite right and I'm not sure Sundays gain was right either, I think somewhere in between is more likely - they said I'd somehow lost 3.8lb since Sunday - yeah right!?

So the food plan for today is:
B - Alpen light.
L - small tin of beans on 1 piece of nimble.
D - Um, not sure yet! Possibly potato wedges and a quorn burger with some corn on the cob.
S - Alpen light bar, yoghurt, grapes.

No more classes for me, I thought I had one more week left as I'd booked two different weeks off in this countdown which I shouldn't have had to pay for....but aparently if it's a countdown on referal from your doctor then you don't get to book weeks off like normal paying members do - not that I was told that at the time mind you. So last night at class I handed over voucher 11 of 12 and she said oh, 12 should have been last week, you'll need to pay this week. She called the consultant over who explained about me having to use vouchers for the missed weeks.

So after paying my £5 I realised there was no way I was going to pay for someone to weigh me each week as she's not a lot of help like my old consultant used to be, plus my friend no longer goes to class so it's not so much fun, and I don't think the consultant really takes the time to find out why my weight loss has been so poor so long as she gets her money she doesn't care. She's too focussed on the biggest members of the class who she has the potential to get more money out of long term I think.

I lost 3lb at class last night though which takes me back to my half stone.....yes just 7lb in 24 weeks and almost half of that was last night! Any consultant worth her position as class leader should have taken more interest and asked me why I wasn't losing. It wouldn't have helped of course as it's just the way my body is, it just doesn't want to lose weight without a fight against my thyroid, but her not taking an interest doesn't inspire me to lose weight like going to class should. I bought a directory in class for syn values before I left - although this website has been more help than SW's own website!

The different woman on the desk taking the money last night was actually more helpful than the consultant has been in 24 weeks. She knew they were vouchers on referal and said about being entitled to more if I'd reached my 5% loss. I said I hadn't due to my thyroid and she took an interest and asked if they'd got my meds right and I briefly told her my battle to get the doctors to listen when I said I wasn't fixed when they say I am. She said about talking to the consultant and maybe setting a target for now to take the stress and pressure off me gaining and losing the same few pounds as I didn't need that along with my other issue of the thyroid. She was really nice about it and was quite knowledgable right down to the name of my medication (I have a feeling she was a consultant herself as we were all given leaflets abouts new consultant recruitment so maybe she was there to talk about it - I didn't stay to class so don't know).

So I get my Tuesdays back and hopefully that means an extra gym session each week. I've been managing the one visit most weeks but I want to up it to two. If I can muster the enthusiasm I might go tonight so that'll be two trips this week. My arms and stomach aren't feeling too bad after a days break so time to give them another session of abuse!

That was a bit of a rambling ranty post about my pointless SW classes - hope I didn't put anyone to sleep :)

I've also added my body magic awards to my signature at last....I finally got them at the end of class the other week after I asked her about them. I did them in my first 8 weeks at class but was never given them whilst those around me kept getting them. I did ask her ages ago and she said she'd sort it but didn't. So I didn't get presented them in class, or get my little round of applause or any recognition from her at all. She just scribbled them off quickly and then gave me a silver and gold sticker for my book. I didn't realise till I got home it was gold and not bronze - that's how little time she took over giving me them. Sorry, more rants about her but last night really annoyed me! Glad I'm not going back.

I did 3 stone by myself, I'm going to do the final 2 stone by myself too :D

Hi Emmylou, well done on the great loss! You're not on your own honey, you've got us ;) Keep it up, it's starting to move again. Really pleased for you :Dx

Aw thanks TrimTrixy, you guys are far more helpful than class :D Hopefully one day I can have a lovely 5 stone sticker like you, you've done so amazingly well!!

You will, you will.
It's not a race, to be honest I've been struggling lately. Not lost much since beginning of June. The point is we just stick with it and never give up! What's the alternative? No thanks I'd rather be a slow loser than start seeing the scales go up x

I know what you mean, no matter how slow it's coming off or if we're just staying the same, what choice do we have!? Best to stay the same at least than give up and undo all that hard work - especially as we worked so hard to get those pounds off in the first place :)

Another day down 100% and the scales are saying I've lost 1.6lb since Sunday. Yay :)

Hopefully going to the gym tonight but my arms have suddenly started really aching from Monday. They were aching all week but I've suddenly woken up with them really hurting, and my wrists. Hope it's not aches and pains coming with a bug that my boyfriend has. He's spent 5 days being sick and sat on the toilet and not keeping any food down....he has lost 5lb this week though! Hmm....is it worth catching it do I think!?

Mmm, mini gingerbread men. I had one but he was lonely in my tummy so I sent him in a friend to keep him company :D

I've syned them though and I haven't had any other syns today so it's fine. It is nice really that you can have very small bits of naughty on this diet and still stay on track and not feel guilty - just a shame it's such tiny bits of naughty!

So far today I've had 2 alpen lights, small tin of spaghetti hoops on 1 piece of toast and the gingerbread men so not too bad I don't think. I have a yoghurt to eat before the gym and an alpen bar if I want it. Tea is corn on the cob (2 syns for margerine) and not sure what else. Something low syn to keep the day under 10syns. Maybe pasta n sauce....an odd choice but syn free!

Sunday weigh in is here and I lost 2.8lbs!!! I flippin' well earnt that this week I think so I'm glad it showed on the scales :D

This coming week is hopefully going to be a good one too 100% on plan with at least one trip to the gym, maybe 2 if I can squeeze it in. The week's looking a bit busy especially as I have to go to my friends house every day to feed her cat for the next fortnight. Think I'm going to have to get myself organised if I'm going to get some gym time in too and not end up eating the same thing for tea every night!

I had 3 compliments this weekend, yes 3!! My brother and his wife were home for my other brother's 21st birthday BBQ yesterday and the first thing she said was 'you look really nice, and you've lost a lot more weight since we last saw you' and my brother agreed. Yay. I'm not sure I have lost a lot more, just a few pounds, but I think somehow my body has caught up a bit now and is smaller than when I was this weight a few months ago. Of course that dress, leggings and belt are now my new favourite 'skinny' outfit ;)

My cousin and Auntie came round in the evening and my cousin properly gasped and said 'oh my god, where'd the rest of you go!? you've lost loads more weight' and my Auntie said the same and that I'd done really well (and she's not one for complimenting me normally!!).

After picking up the keys to my friends house to feed their cat I got home to find a text from her saying her husband had said how nice I looked and you could really see how much weight I'd lost now....and that's an unprompted compliment from a bloke!! I was shocked, and thought that was really sweet of her to tell me as she knows how much that means to me.

So right now I'm feeling pretty darn good, good loss this week, lots of nice compliments and only a few weeks to to go till our holiday which we've just booked some shore excursions for at the ports we stop at along the way. Need some more weeks like this one and hopefully by the time we go on holiday I'll be well and truly back in the zone and can therefore be restrained and not eat all the cakes, chips, naughty food on holiday - but instead try and gain as little as possible by eating sensibly, exercising and still enjoy my holiday.

I'm so fed up with getting migraines right now! Yet another one yesterday and Sunday night but at least most of what I consumed Sunday evening won't count now as it didn't stay in me for very long. I think I can be sure it's not my pill causing them though which was a worry. Looks like they're just inherited from my both my parents as my little brother has recently started getting them too and mine started in my 20's as well.

I had some naughty rocky road bites with my boyfriend last night as chocolate and caffeine seemed to be the way to go to cheer me up and see off my headache. As far as calories go, yesterday should be a stay the same day as oposed to a losing day but knowing my body I'll gain all that weight I lost last week staright back.

I wouldn't mind betting that a week of eating very little and exercising are responsible for the migraine. I did rush around a lot Saturday too and although I took it easy Sunday the damage was done as I had stabbing pains in my head throughout the day before the migraine came on.

Back on track today though as I really want to keep that almost 3lb loss off this week now I'm back in the 12's. Just 2lb to go till I'm back at my lowest weight and can have my 3.5 stone sticker back :)

Last night was my first Tuesday without class....it was quite nice not to have that commitment to be honest as my evenings are short enough by the time I've come home, made tea, had a bath etc. Wonder if she bothers contacting absent members to find out where they've gone? Probably not as she doesn't really care when we're at class so why would she care if we weren't there!?

Today I'm calorie counting as oposed to SW (same difference though really in my case) as I'm off to Yo Sushi before the cinema. It's low calorie but if I'm to stay under 1200cals I'm going to have to be super strict....the plan is an Alpen light bar, spaghetti hoops on 1 piece of toast and a muller mid afternon so less than 350 calories till tea time.

The scales are telling me I'm the same weight as Sunday so that's good. I'm just after a sts this week after last week was so good and this week hasn't been 100% on plan as yet.

I finished yesterday almost spot on 1200 calories in the end so I was quite pleased with myself and had a lovely meal out.

Today the scales were still saying 12st 12 so that's good. Fingers crossed that 4 days back on plan before Sundays WI will yield something good on the scales.

I stopped off in the big Asda on my way home last night as I don't go past that Asda very often - I got 12 tins of chickpea dahl!! Anyone looking in my trolley that contained that and a pint of milk must have thought me a bit strange. So that's what I'll be havng for tea tonight and using a few syns for some mango chutney. Shouldn't be many other syns today as food looks like this:

B: Alpen light
L: small tin of spaghetti on 1 piece of nimble toast
D: Half a tin of chickpea dahl and some rice, mango chutney (4 syns)
S: muller light, Alpen light and maybe a couple mini milks (3 syns)

Syns for the day: 7
No hexA's and 1.5 hexB's.

My boyfriend has told me that when I reach the 4 stone mark he'll reward me with a pair of DM's I've had my eye on since last winter....I think his money will be safe for a while what with a holiday in 5 weeks time and the fact I haven't even got my 3.5 stone back yet! Nice thought though.

Yesterday I stuck to my food plan and clocked up just 7 syns, and I really enjoyed having chickpea dahl after weeks without any in the cupboards :) I have more for my lunch today....oh and there's half a tin left for tea tonight too! A little repetative yes, but that's ok for one odd day.

Scales were reporting a 0.3lb loss this morning - woo hoo! That means I should definitely be on for a sts at least this week if it decides to creep up a little bit or if I weigh before going to the loo Sunday! Does anyone else ever feel like they don't want to do the weekly weigh in till they've been!? I've actually held off weighing for an hour or so after getting up on Sunday as I refuse to weigh till Saturday nights food is out of me. So silly as it can't weigh that much. Plus if it did make a difference that would show the following week. It gets a bit silly what us dieters will do for a good number on the scales doesn't it.

You get the people at class stripping off belts, braclets, big earings (yes, really), just to try and help a tiny bit. Silly really as the scales at class only weight to half a pound accuracy. I think the most amusing thing I've seen scales wise is a teenage girl with her mates at the gym the other week who weighed herself and then pouting, turned to her friends and said 'I've not lost anything yet!'. Her friend did point out it was her first gym session and they'd only been there 45 minutes (and the scales were old mechanical ones!). I had to try not to laugh whilst at the same time worrying slightly about what society is doing to kids to make them so concerned about their weight - did I mention this girl was about a size 6, absolutely tiny.

A friend at work was also telling me the other day how her 5 year old son is saying he can't watch too much telly or he'll get fat, he turns his nose up at food saying it'll make him fat if she presents him with chips or anything like that and he keeps asking if he's fat. She's very slim, her husband is slim and the poor little boy is slim too....this all comes from the schools preaching 'fat is bad' to the kids. I didn't know they weighed them and sent letters home to the 'fat' kids parents (and if they use the same silly BMI nonsense they use for adults then they probably think half the kids are too big), and they also have the lunch box police at the school going through their boxes in search of banned foods. No wonder kids are suffering eating disorders younger than ever before. I'm all for teaching kids healthy ways of eating and cooking etc but they should be teaching them 'everything in moderation' too instead of scaring them.

Sorry, that was a rather rambling post as I got all caught up in my ranting! It just suddenly came back to me as I was typing and reminded me how shocked I'd been. I don't have kids myself but do any of you experience this sort of thing with your kids school?

Sunday weigh in is here again. 0.5lb off this week so I'm quite pleased with that. I have had a couple low calorie meals out this week so I guess I've not been killing myself dieting and so half a pound after last weeks loss is exceptional for me. I'm now 1.5lb away from that 3.5 stone award :)

I've been back on the Wii the last two days as well. Ok so two hours of sports resort Friday night wasn't exactly a full on sweaty work out but my arms certainly felt like I'd done a fair bit and even better - they didn't ache on Saturday. I did some of the muscle and yoga stuff on the Wii fit last night which killed my arms at the time but feel ok today. They must be getting a bit stronger afterall.

Off to get some low syn lunch now and start the next week on plan. No plans for anything this week except some gym time...just 4 weeks till the holiday now.....

Resisted the scales this morning as I was feeling rather bunged up - silly SW does this to me at random points. Feeling loads better now though so I'm sure I'll be back on them tomorrow ;-) That said I don't really want to risk seeing a gain so I'll do my best to avoid them.

Today is going well so far, although I did randomly decide to have cereal for breakfast. It kept me going till lunch though without me having to have my 'just got to my desk, time for breakfast' alpen bar. Often when I do breakfast at home I'll still have that alpen bar out of habit, even though I'll only have eaten an hour before. Bit like a smoker really, associating food with cerain things. So I counted the cereal as both my hexB's and the milk as a hexA. I won't have anything else like milk or cheese so that's fine.

Tonight is probably going to be mushy pea curry from last night. So just 3 syns for the alpen bar I had mid afternoon and that'll be it for the day.

I've gone from having nothing planned this week to having a meal at chiquitos planned for Wednesday. Oh dear, no good choices there. Think I'll have to just not eat much all day and then pick the lowest calorie thing I can. I think the quesedilla is described as 'lighter choice for smaller appetites' or something to that effect but I've always gotten there and thought, na, I want some chimichangas! This week I need to be more determined though and stick to my guns and pick that smaller portion.

Speaking of smaller portions, I actually stopped eating at both lunch and dinner yesterday and threw the leftovers straight in the food waste bin. Now normally I'm not one for wasting food and I always clear my plate - they say that's an issue for a lot of overweight people as they were brought up to clear their plate. In fact I've always looked at people who don't finish their meal and thought them odd - I'm never usually full enough to stop. My boyfriend certainly hates to leave stuff and asked why I was. I said well I know it's a tiny bit wasteful - but isn't it better to do that than force down needless calories I then have to work flippin' hard to get rid of? I was proud of myself anyway :)

Had a bit of an odd comment at lunch I'm not sure what to think of. Someone said how nice my shirt was (it's quite a bold one for me and in a Kath Kidston style flowery design with roses on it) which in itself isn't odd at all as I've had a few nice compliments on it....but she asked if it was a pre-diet one as it looked really big. It's quite fitted which is why I hoped it was fairly flattering - it's not the shirt that's big, I am this big underneath it!!

Another friend at work who hasn't seen my lunch of late commented how tiny my one slice of nimble toast and spaghetti hoops looked for lunch. She said I was really dedicated to my diet and she was really impressed....that perked me back up after worrying about the shirt. If my meals look small to a girl who's a size 8 then I must be doing something right :D

Back