A question to all the pet owners

Oh Circes, she was beautiful and obviously had a long and happy life with you. Remember her like that.

(((hugs)))

Take some comfort from the fact that you have done right by her, as she did right by you. She is at peace now and you have amazing memories of your time together.

Thinking of you xxx

Nothing anyone can say to you takes away the pain even though we would all change places with you right now if it would take your pain away.

She was so beautiful and obviously so loved and so loving. She gave you so much.

I am crying with you. We have had so many animal friends and it never gets easier.

R.I.P. Millie.

hugs xxxx

Oh Circes, I was crying reading your post. Remember all the good times you had together - they'll be a great comfort to you. She knew you loved her. What a beautiful cat she was. She looks like a real character too. Huge hugs, and so terribly sad for your loss ZXXX

Thanks guys! It was the weirdest thing last night as I kept thinking I could hear her breathing. And going to the toilet on my own as she always had to be there when I went. But heaven help you if you happened across her in the litter tray. Looks could kill!

I have another cat but she isn't touchy feely at all, she's completely driven by her stomach. I feel guilty for thinking I wouldn't be as upset if it was the other way round. I miss being able to pet and give Millie a hug, and having her follow me around. But looking at that photo which was taken last May I can see how much she had changed over the last months of her illness. I think she was just tired of fighting and it was her time to go. The last act of love is the owner taking on the pain of bereavement rather than the animal living in pain.

sending you lots of love, xxxxx i am sure Millie is at peace now and in a very special place, for very special cats like her xxxx

So sorry to hear your loss, but you made the right decision.

It's nice that you were there for her at the very end. I can't even imagine having to put any of the piggies to sleep, it must be so hard.

*hugs*

I'm so sorry Circes, I can't imagine losing my kitty Rufus and this thread has made me very sad. The only consolation I suppose is that she will not be suffering any more...

thinking of you at this sad time.

rip little friend

Hope you feel a little better. The weekends are always the hardest to get through.

hugs xxxxx

Back