A question

I've heard that women who are pregnant can have more sins and extra HEA's but I've never heard about larger people getting more syns.

This was actually asked in our group by one of our members and the consultant said regardless of weight you only get 15 syns. But maybe it's one of those things that they generally don't discuss. I think, like you said, let your friend see how she gets on with 20 syns. She may not even need to use the full amount - I know I struggle to use my alotted amount.

it's all down to how many calories you are supposed to have..
as a standard lady, you are supposed to have 2000cals a day to maintain your weight, and about 1600 to lose weight.
for blokes it's 2500 cals and 2100 to lose weight, but at my weight I used an online calculator and it said that to maintain my weight I need about 4100 cals a day... :eek:, so going on the -400 cals rule of thumb that's 3700 cals...
I'd probably struggle to eat that in just free and superfree foods..

That's the reason that on the WW a larger person used to get more points per day based on their weight ( when I did it anyway.. )
so I can see the logic behind there being more syns for a larger person, simply to get them out of the fabled "starvation mode" zone..

I was 16stone6.5lbs when I started and was told I could have 20 syns per day, although I never did. I have always stuck to 15ish x

yet my friend (not the one in question) started at over 17 stone and she wasn't told this...

ColJack well explained and understood :)

As said, its down to individual consultant discretion - I was nearly 18 stone and given 10 syns a day but someone in a neighbouring group with a different consultant and about the same to lose was given 20. I'm pretty sure it used to say this in the SW FAQs a few years ago.

Its over a certain weight but i havent got my manual here to check what it is.

BTW pregnant women don't get any extra HEX only when they are breastfeeding

If your consultant has asked you to help out its because you always attend group and always stay and are therefore reliable people to help out so don't worry if you have loads to lose still as its not the amount of weight you've lost that determines who helps :0)

Someone in my group asked about this last week and my consultant confirmed that people over a certain weight are allowed more syns, she moved the topic on though as people where starting to look around the room trying to work out who would be!
So basically it is the case that if you're over a certain weight you are allowed more syns but out of respect consultants don't announce this to the whole group!

I received an answer from SW Online (I don't have a consultant to ask): "As you have quite a lot of weight to lose, we would advise that you could have up to 25 Syns a day, which will give you more flexibility. However, as your weight loss journey progresses, we would recommend you gradually reduce your Syns to 5-15 each day as you get neared to your target weigh."

A bit daunting to know just how extreme my condition is considered!

thanks for all your replies on this, obviously we didn't want to hinder her weight loss and my friends step mum used to be a C and neither of us had heard of it we just wanted it clarified.

Has anyone ever heard of people being allowed extra syns due to their size???

(Starlight I posted in here cos although its sort of about syns its not really if that makes sense as its not values I'm asking- hope thats ok and sorry if i've been a pain and you have to move it!!)

You posted in totally the right place :) The syn section is as you say for syn values queries ;)

I'm one of these that is allowed 20 syns a day! My consultant said I'm allowed 20 but aim for 15 but know the extras are there if I need them. I'd rather of not got to this size in the first place than have the extra syns!

at a start weigt of 33st, my C never told me anything about extra syns so I'm on 105 for the week like everyone else...
I don't normally have more than 5 a day if that.. ( 2 for gravy and 3 for an extra alpen light maybe.. )

Back