A quick question on portion sizes.

milton21

I know we don't weigh & measure portion sizes - but what size tin of tuna would everyone else eat for lunch with a salad?

I'm just tucking into a 185g tin (130g drained weight I think) and wondering if I'm a piggy?

If I have a PP day and eat tuna (normally fresh), I make sure I have at least 2 150-175gr steaks otherwise I'm hungry.

ill admit I can eat a whole roast chicken (the ones precooked in tesco) to my self if im in the right mood! lol. More filled up on protein you are the less temptation for eating naughty things, so I say go for it!!

Today I had 2 of the wee tins of tuna for my lunch with cottage cheese, followed by a post-run snack of a whole chicken thigh! I wouldn't worry too much about how much you're eating as opposed to eating the right food and eating enough of it that you're not hungry :)

So enjoy the tuna is what I say! x

If it's protein and you're hungry, eat it! I've had one tin of tuna before and then an hour or so later had another one! It stops you caving in and snarfing carbs!!

Agree with all of the above, whole chickens, tins of tuna, six chicken thighs all constitute a good Dukan meal for me!!!! One of each item listed at a time, not even I could manage all three for one sitting!!!! When Dr Dukan said unlimited amounts of the food you are allowed I took him at his word!!! I am meticulous about cutting skin and fat off everything though so I guess that is why it works!!!!

I too eat quite a bit of protein, less dairy mind, and I try not to overdo the veg as I retain water easily. Being on a restart, I feel I'm eating far more meat + fish than I did last time on the diet, but I remember that naturally reducing once back in the zone.

Most say the more pure protein they eat, the more they lose!

Yup, scoff away!

I had the opposite problem when I started - I was eating the same amount of protein that I would have done in a normal portion with veg carbs etc before Dukan! Took me a few weeks to realise why I was really weak before meal times!! Hahaha.

So eat eat eat (the right things) and enjoy.

Are chicken thighs allowed on Dukan? I thought they would have been to fatty?:)

I've eaten chicken thighs occasionally. I just make sure I remove the skin & any visible fat.

Yes they are - just make sure that you remove the skin before cooking :) The only chicken that isn't allowed is chicken wings.

Though as you probably know, duck isn't allowed as it's too fatty :(

Yeah I know duck Is fatty, only had it the once and I felt so guilty eating duck!:s lol Im going to get some thighs nxt shopping day try and cut back on the amount Im spending since starting dukan! I would love to have a full day baking and cooking in batches but have an 8 year old a 1 year old to contented with as well as working 30 hrs a week! xx

Back