A Sobering Experience

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Today i faced the scariest thing in my world.

Clothes Shopping :psiholog:

Not a pleasent experience, with only one shop that streches to my size (Evans) but also stretches the wallet. However the shop was filled with either really smart trousers or linen ones, that were really see through, now you would think they would consider their market. Most plus size women wouldn't want to wear trousers that showed everything, including the wiggle and jiggle. :character00264: Then looked on simply be, again rather expensive, but you can't buy anything without having a credit check and i don't want that, i just want to pay by card. GRRRRRRRR.

I need something as next sunday we are going to thorpe park. Having a stark realisation today i wouldn't be able to go on most of the rides and now finding nothing to wear and about ready to crawl under a rock and stay there until all shops cater for all sizes. Think i can sue the skinny shops for discrimination of being fat?

Tomorrow i'm going to join group and get the monthly pass to encourage that i stick to it. I need to be weighed properly, the wii fit (although fun) is not great for weighing because its so sensitive, picks up 0.1lbs

Ok i've rambled on long enough sorry guys :badmood:

Aw hun, Ebay is fabulous for clothes in all sizes!!! Why not give it a go, pay by card through Paypal...that's what I do! :)x

hi,sainsburys do a new range that goes up to size 28 the 'grace' range its called they have jeans,trousers,shirts,kaftans and its quite cheap compared to evans,around £15 for a nice top and plain t-shirts for £3 they have the range in my local store look on their website to see what stores near you stock that range.

Last edited:
Aww its really depressing isnt it to have a day out shopping and find nothing atall I know newlook do an inspire range .. which is plus size and a bit more funky than some of the evans bits and bobs and a bit cheaper to! ... I really hope you manage to find somthing :) ...
I went to thorpe park last year and was worried about going on rides ...
hugs hunny .. were all with you xx

Def try e-bay you wpuld be surprised at what you can pick up there. What kind of thing are you looking for? New look does have some nice stuff aswell

I have to admit I love Evans, I got some gorgeous trousers in there the other week, very flattering.

I think their prices for tshirts are the absolute best :)

Have you tried Home Shopping Direct? They have good prices, all the sizes and deliver free!

Thanks for all your replies. Still haven't found anything to wear but i have found a new travelon bag (thanks QVC), prefect for carrying things around the park, a new camara case to protect my new camara Steve bought me for my birthday and a beautiful picnic basket because............ well i wanted one :D and we are taking a picnic, as its more fun then getting kfc, So i neeeeeeeded one. Looking forward to having quiche, ww of course. Bad nicki must find clothes.

Have you tried Empire stores online, their always having sales. I have an account with them and I always pay by card. There an option when you get the payment bit for credit accounts or paying in full straight away. Give it a try.

Maureen4200040:)

Yeah i looked but it was the same as the others, you need to be credit checked when you register. I saw some combats in evans so might just get those.

Back