A Taste Of Honey

Another great day so far:

Drank 1.5 litres of water
Breakfast: muller light, frozen berries, cereal
Snacks: apple and satsuma
Lunch: large mixed salad and tuna
Snacks: apple and satsuma
So far walked over 7,000 steps

I feel really energised and awake and alert, so that's good. Bit tired because work is stressing me out, but that's okay too.

I'm having a terrific week, which is great - I've been doing lots of walking, and eating really well. Today I had:

- muller light/mango and berries/cereal
- apples x 2
- satsumas x 2
- mixed salad / ratatouille

Water: 1.5 litres

I feel like I've lost a lot this week, and I'm so tempted to have a sneaky peek, but I'd rather plod on anyway. My knickers are now very loose indeed, which is nice! I know I've got a loooooooooooooooong way to go, but this week I feel like I've crossed a milestone and lost a significant amount of weight. I can't explain it, but I feel a lot lighter. Maybe it's introducing a lot of regular exercise, or all the water, but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that, right here right now, I think I will lose 3 lbs on Sunday. Gasp!

A good Thursday:
- muller light / mango / cereal
- 2 x apples
- 1 x banana
- 4 x satsumas
- mixed salad
- ratatouille
- hot chocolate (hi-lights)
- curry/rice/big salad
Walked LOADS
Drank about 1.5 litres of water
I wore quite tight clothing today, which made me feel good about myself.

I think sometimes you can be losing on the scales but not feeling any difference in your clothes, then all of a sudden it seems to catch up and your trousers suddenly start falling down! I've had weeks I've stayed the same weight but still seem to have lost bulk off my belly.

Well done on all your losses so far :D

I think sometimes you can be losing on the scales but not feeling any difference in your clothes, then all of a sudden it seems to catch up and your trousers suddenly start falling down! I've had weeks I've stayed the same weight but still seem to have lost bulk off my belly.

Well done on all your losses so far :D

Thanks EmmyLou, it's really helpful to be reminded that weight loss isn't consistent or exactly as we would expect. For some reason, I have lost a lot of weight from my hands and arms and face - who would have thought!

Week 24: lost 2.5 lbs (53 lbs in total)
Okay, I know this is a good result, but I’m disappointed. I did so much walking, drinking water and eating healthily, I was expecting a really big loss today. Silly, huh? To be disappointed with this kind of loss.

I had a great week though. I walked a lot, I ate so well and I drank water. I feel that my clothes are significantly looser, I feel stronger and more energetic, and I need to not let the scales dominate my mood.

Honey39 said:
Week 24: lost 2.5 lbs (53 lbs in total)
Okay, I know this is a good result, but I'm disappointed. I did so much walking, drinking water and eating healthily, I was expecting a really big loss today. Silly, huh? To be disappointed with this kind of loss.

I had a great week though. I walked a lot, I ate so well and I drank water. I feel that my clothes are significantly looser, I feel stronger and more energetic, and I need to not let the scales dominate my mood.

It's really good honey! Well done!!x

Hey honey,

Don't be disappointed. You've lost 53lbs in 5 and a half months. You have turned things around from where you were to where you are now and where you're going. It's not long before you will be one of those inspirational people on this site that we all look to with a bit of envy. Think how good you will feel when you post a 4 stone loss, then a 5 stone etc. Wow.

I don't know how many clothes sizes you have dropped but my guess is a fair few. This 'in between' stage is difficult though. You don't want to go out buying too many new clothes (that you'll grow out of pretty quickly) but on the other hand you don't want to not buy any because new (smaller) clothes make you look good and feel good.

Aim high (or low in this case !) but WHATEVER you achieve is great as long as it's in the right direction. And it is. You have been had consistently good losses and I have no doubt will continue to have. So DON'T feel disappointed in your loss this week. You have no reason to do that. I'm not, I'm just proud of what you have done so far.

Keep it up ! See you sunday (if not before)

Gail x

I don't know how many clothes sizes you have dropped but my guess is a fair few. This 'in between' stage is difficult though. You don't want to go out buying too many new clothes (that you'll grow out of pretty quickly) but on the other hand you don't want to not buy any because new (smaller) clothes make you look good and feel good.

Hello ladies,

the answer to this is to get yourselves to Primarni and some charity shops!! All of my favourite items are from Charity shops!

I always find the best charity shops are either in student areas, areas where lots of young professional people live and also in the town centre in the sort of "vintage" area.

In Manchester this is Withington, Chorlton, East Dids and in the Northern Quarter. The chazza shops in Chorlton are so good that my friend once spent £80 in one trip around them!

In Sheffield the best ones are in Broomhill, Eccy Road and London Road.

(Don't know if anyone who lives in Sheff / Manc are reading but just in case!)

Hope that helps...

Hello ladies,

the answer to this is to get yourselves to Primarni and some charity shops!! All of my favourite items are from Charity shops!

I always find the best charity shops are either in student areas, areas where lots of young professional people live and also in the town centre in the sort of "vintage" area.

In Manchester this is Withington, Chorlton, East Dids and in the Northern Quarter. The chazza shops in Chorlton are so good that my friend once spent £80 in one trip around them!

In Sheffield the best ones are in Broomhill, Eccy Road and London Road.

(Don't know if anyone who lives in Sheff / Manc are reading but just in case!)

Hope that helps...

Nothing at all against charity shops, but when you're really fat nothing fits - you have to shop at Ann Harvey / Evans.

Hey honey,

Don't be disappointed. You've lost 53lbs in 5 and a half months. You have turned things around from where you were to where you are now and where you're going. It's not long before you will be one of those inspirational people on this site that we all look to with a bit of envy. Think how good you will feel when you post a 4 stone loss, then a 5 stone etc. Wow.

Aim high (or low in this case !) but WHATEVER you achieve is great as long as it's in the right direction. And it is. You have been had consistently good losses and I have no doubt will continue to have. So DON'T feel disappointed in your loss this week. You have no reason to do that. I'm not, I'm just proud of what you have done so far.

Keep it up ! See you sunday (if not before)

Gail x

Thanks Gail, you always say the right thing!! That's really super nice of you, very motivational.

I'm a little down this morning because I had a sneaky peak this morning (gah!) and I've put on weight. I just about cried, because I don't understand it - I have been walking miles each day, eating well, sticking to SW faithfully, drinking loads of water. The weight should be falling off me. Plus, my clothes ARE falling off me. So I'm really puzzled. I'm going to buy new batteries for my scales, because to be honest when I re-weighed a second time they were seven pounds lighter, and then four pounds heavier the third time (i.e. varying weights between 7lbs). I think I've lost significant amounts of weight in the last two or three weeks, so I'm puzzled.

I've been scanning my brains to think of any 'mistakes' I've made that would slow down my weight loss this week - I've had frozen berries instead of fresh for breakfast, but there shouldn't be any extra sugar added. I've had a skinny latte a couple of mornings, but again, that should be pretty low in SYNS.

Oh well, I'll stick to what I'm doing, buy new batteries, weigh-in on Sunday and go by that. I think I need to go back to tracking my SYNS again, I am definitely guess-timating an awful lot.

Hi honey,

If my scales weighed 7 lbs different in a matter of minutes/seconds then I KNOW that something is wrong with them. My scales are so 'accurate' (obviously within themselves, not necessarily anything else) that if I get on them several times, the most they ever vary by is 0.2lbs and that's usually only if they were flickering in the first place. I also changed scales midway through this (so that I could weigh in 0.5lbs rather than just full lbs) and the 2 scales matched almost completely (although they are 1lb heavier than the group scales that I went to).

I'm not one to tell you to stop peeking mid week (because I weigh every day) but I used to go into a panic mid week if/when I gained weight (because I felt so much pressure to even get back to even a STS when I hadn't done anything wrong) however now I still weigh every day but don't worry about the numbers too much. This week I started at 13st 10.8, have been up to 13 st 12lbs and today am 13st 10.4lbs. I am now keeping track daily on the target weight app but really ignoring anything other than the official sunday weight.

However I wonder if it's time for new scales/a better surface to weigh on ?????

Big hugs honey.

Gail xxxx

P.S. Agree on the food diary/tracking syns. Although this is another 'do as I say, not as I do' scenario !!! I know that when I keep a written down food diary I tend to be higher on my syns than I think I am (although still usually within the limits)

Good luck.

Gail x

Thanks Gail! Am definitely not peeking again in future, it doesn't help - I bought new batteries, and this morning I have lost 3 lbs!

I've lost four stones - that's unbelievable to me. I know that I have such a long way to go, but you know what? I'm about a third of the way there on my journey. Wow, that's hard to believe, and really helpful for me to realise. It will be nice when I lose the next stone, because then my weight to lose will come down into double digits.

I'm so pleased today, I feel really buzzy and happy. I think it's because I've done so much walking the last three weeks, and that has changed me much much more than just losing weight. I feel my body move and get stronger and faster, and I feel terrific. My energy levels have gone through the roof, and I actually see the daily improvements.

I also think I have lost inches off my legs and hips and bum - it's definitely made a big difference. And one I like doing.

This week, week 4 of 2011, or week 26 (half a year overall!), I'm going to focus on a few things:

- Walking (aim for 45 000 steps)
- Tracking (go back to counting SYNS and checking it out)
- Water (drink a minimum of 1.5 litres a day)

And I'm going to aim for just a 1lb weight loss this week, because that will take me to a satisfying lower weight, and I just want to keep at this in a sensible way.

Such a great day, I ate really well, walked loads, and went to bed early. I've woken up this morning (Tuesday morning) with a good ache in my legs from too much exercise, and I feel happy.

I also feel marvellous about losing four stones on my journey. FOUR! Wow. I'm quite pleased that I'm not especially obsessed with food, but am eating healthily and well. Slimming World really works for me, although I am thinking that I should go back to tracking everything.

Which reminds me, this week I should check out when I need to renew my account. I have done six months - how cool is that?!

I’ve had another terrific week of eating healthily, and I THINK I’m going to see a big weight loss tomorrow. All the walking seems to have really jacked up my weight loss, now I’m nearly four weeks in to that. This week’s weigh in will my six month anniversay of starting this journey.

Is it okay to say I’m scared? I don’t quite know even how to talk about my emotions. I think that I’m scared because now I’m believing that I might actually do this, and I’m scared that I won’t. It’s like I can see it happening and see it not happening, like a dream that’s snatched away from me. I don’t know how to explain it, almost like I’m hoping I will get down to a healthy weight, and I can’t bear it if that’s taken away from me. Of course I know that it’s my own choice and my own actions, but I feel this anxiety in my stomach.

More than that, I’m also a little scared of being slimmer. I see my face emerging from the fat, and it’s pretty and lively and happy. That scares me a little too – it’s like changing who I am, and it makes me nervous. I’m sad about the damage I’ve done to my body, although so far it’s holding up pretty well. I’m sad I waited so long to do this, too. Although I know there was such a lot happening in my life for a long time, and it’s only now that I’m realy to do this.

This sounds gloomy, but it’s really not. I just…I have mixed emotions that I don’t know how to express. I find other people’s reactions unnerving too. My colleague at work stares at me a lot, people give me advice, they copy what I’m doing. I feel uneasy about that. I’ve got such a very long way to go, I feel like now I’m doing it in public.

This is a bit whiney, and I’m really happy about my progress. But I feel nervous too.

Hi Honey,

Yet again, I can identify with much of what you have written. Particularly the bit about 'doing it in public'. Whilst it's so lovely to get the compliments that I get (and I'm sure you do too), it's a bit weird knowing that everyone can see if you don't get it right/'fail'. I also find it a bit strange talking about my weight (although I don't tell people how much I actually weigh) when I have spent so many years NOT talking about it !

I feel scared too. I still talk about 'if' I reach my goal because like you, I'm scared that I will 'lose it' and just go back to the way I used to eat (and I know how many people lose weight and don't quite get to goal or lose and then put back on again). Whilst I love the way I eat now and don't want to stop, I would happily go back to my previous eating habits without the determination and motivation that I have now.

It's not gloomy, it's just admitting how you feel ! We understand :grouphugg:

Good luck for tomorrow. I'll be watching for you !

Gail x

You're always so wonderful, Gail! (((((hugs)))))

Well, I lost a fabulous 4.5 lbs yesterday, taking me to over sixty pounds in six months - so excited about that.

I'm going to track more this week, so here goes:

Usual breakfast (yoghurt, frozen berries, handful of cereal)
Home made latte (Starbucks sachet with about a 1/4 cup of skimmed milk and then water)
Lunch: rice and two tiny tins of tuna (79 cal each)
Snacks: 2 x bananas, 2 x apples
Dinner: Quorn in tomato sauce/rocket/tomatoes/mushrooms/cucumber
Walking: over 10,000 steps and 78 minutes of aerobic walking – great day!
Tomorrow is going to be difficult because I’m away all day, so we’ll see. I’m going to take it in my stride though x

Sad today.

Oh well, them's the breaks.

Food has been poor today - because I was away - so did well for breakfast, moderately okay for lunch (pea soup - good or bad? at peckhams); then tuna melt panini for tea, and a packet of crisps on the train home. Sigh. And very little walking.

I'm okay with it - I looked really good today, losing 60 lbs shows now, and my face has lost a lot of weight. But I want to carry on losing weight, and I really missed walking today. Which is good, isn't it?

Six months in, who would have believed it? The sad thing is, the lady who inspired me to join SW has regained all the weight back and more, so underlining the fact that it's HARD to lose weight successfully and keep it off. I know I can do it, but I need to be watchful of the diet/diet/diet mentality, with the idea that it's a process to get to my goal and that's all. NO: for me, this has to be a change for the rest of my life, and in fact it's great if it takes longer, rather than drop the weight quickly. I've planned on this being a three year process, exercising, toning, getting used to change, and being mindful.

I know that I can be determined, and I also know that once things work, I will stick to them for years. I KNOW this about myself, so I have to use all my strengths to my advantage.

One thing about me: I am just about the only person I know that makes new year's resolutions and keeps at them all year. Not quite the same as success, because that's kind of big-headed, but I do return to them every week, and keep trying. And I've learned that - for me - it really works if I'm specific about what success looks like. And my weight loss goal for 2011 is to weigh 237 by the end of the year. Not massive weight loss, it's probably about 5lbs a month for the rest of the year. But that's my goal. Last year I lost 50lbs, which felt terrific. This year I'm going to get down to 237. Next year (2012) if everything has gone well I'm going to get into Wonderland (under 200 lbs), and the year after that is going to be all about toning, exercising, maintaining, and seeing where I am and if surgery is needed for loose skin.

So, all slow and steady, but hey, I have a plan!!!

Well done honey. I always find those kind of days difficult when you have very little control over what you eat. I think you did pretty well. Is there anything that you could do better next time ? Maybe take some food with you for the train on the way home ?? I find train journeys quite difficult (especially if I find myself waiting at a big station before a train when I'm hungry) so where possible I take food with me. I still find it difficult but at least I've got something to munch on to take my mind off all the food around me !

You have such a great attitude to this and a long term plan. That is sooo important because this isn't a short term goal.

Well done Honey and hope the rest of your week goes well.

Gail x

Back