A Taste Of Honey

Well, I suppose next time I could take more food with me - it's just difficult when I leave the house @ 7 am and get home about 10 pm, and I really hadn't planned it. I hadn't taken into account how hungry I would get, plus it was the first day of my period, which is always a day when I get raging cravings for stodge. I've kind of learned that it's only for a day or so, and that it's non-negotiable; usually I up my food intake at meals, so would have extra rice or a jacket potato or something. It was just bad luck it coincided with a day where I had to eat out all day at train stations etc.

I'm incredibly stressed today; I woke up at 4.30 and then got up. Work is too much, I feel swamped and panicky. BUT - well, I did what I like doing, I made a list, planned and sorted, and now I have an action plan for the day. I just want to live in the moment today, and do things calmly, quickly and methodically, and stick to the day's lay out.

Ate a good breakfast, haven't made lunch (boooo) so i'm taking a ready meal into work (sainsburys veg curry) and loads of fruit, so it should be okay. And I'm definitely going to do a lot of walking also.

Well, this has been a weird but lovely day - I have had so many compliments from loads of people today. About 8 or 9? I have a big smile on my face because it was nice. Goodness me. I think that it's because my weight loss is noticeable now, I'm wearing really nice clothes, the weight is particularly showing up in my face which has changed a lot, and maybe I'm a lot happier? Anyway, just wanted to say that it's been a lovely day, and very good for the old ego!

FANTASTIC honey. I'm so pleased for you. It is such a lovely feeling. I have also found that from 3-3.5 stones onwards I have just had soooo many comments. Pretty much on a daily basis. And it really makes you feel good.

Well done and keep up the good work !

Gail x

Well, lost 1.5 lbs on Sunday, so have now lost 62 lbs, which is fantastic! I want to track properly all week, so here goes:

Coffee with skimmed milk (HEX A)
BREAKFAST
Generous handful of frozen fruit (winter berries)
Muller light yoghurt (vanilla)
Handful of fruit and fibre cereal (HEX B)
SNACKS
Banana x 1
Apples x 2
Satsuma x 1
LUNCH
Be Good to Yourself, Vegetable Curry & Pilau Rice, chilled, 400g pack = 1 SYN (extra easy)
SNACK
Highlights Hot Chocolate Drink = 2 SYNS
Handful of fruit and fibre cereal = 2.5 SYNS
DINNER
Fillets in Tomato & Olive Sauce, twin pack, chilled, 200g each = 1.5 SYNS
Spinach, tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, cucumber, yellow pepper,cottage cheese = 0 SYNS
SNACK
Snack a Jacks, Salt & Vinegar, 26g bag = 5.5 SYNS
TOTAL SYNS = 12.5

WALKING
10440 steps
70 aerobic minutes
Calories burned = 449
Good day…:)

Terrible, crappy day at work, being stabbed in the back quite badly. Ho hum, so, obviously went out for a drink. Meh.

Coffee with skimmed milk (HEX A)
BREAKFAST
Muller light yoghurt (vanilla)
3/4 apple
Handful of blueberries
Handful of fruit and fibre cereal (HEX B)
SNACKS
None
LUNCH
Salad: spinach/pepper/cucumber/grapes/tomatoes
Tuna = 1.5 SYNS
DINNER
1/2 bottle of white wine = 10 SYNS
3 starters, very unhealthy = 30 SYNS?
Ah crap, blew it going out, lol.
WALKING
8791 steps
55 aerobic minutes
386 calories

The good thing is that I did a lot of walking today despite everything. And I only overate in the pub, not on the way home, and I didn't start smoking again after almost two years. Bonus, bonus, bonus.

I hate my colleague though. And that's not a word I use often.

Poor you honey. What an awful day. I hope you can sort things out at work. Sometimes things don't seem quite as bad after you've slept on them ?? I hate your colleague too on your behalf !

However it is not a disaster (food wise) - it could have been much worse so put it behind you. Try and keep your syns low and I'm sure that the rest of the week will be fine.

((((BIG HUGS))))

Gail x

Your face is looking so much slimmer!

Well, that was my nice compliment for the day from a work colleague. I know it’s true, my face has lost an astonishing amount of weight, which is why I guess that people are commenting so much my weight loss.

I just need to write this down somewhere. I NEVER feel like striding out and being energetic, I always want the soft option. But once I’ve done it, I feel fricking marvellous. So I need to remember that it’s always this way around, the euphoria comes at the end, not the beginning. Remember I never feel like doing it, but I love having done it. Same as losing weight I guess!

Anyway, am back up to walking energetically each day again – I’ve missed it. But I do feel pushed for time.

Oh, and I've had 10.5 syns today.

Friday's food:

Muller light (custard)
Frozen berries
Fruit and fibre (HEX B)
Skimmed milk (HEX A)
Coffee
Satsuma x 2
Bananas x 2
1/2 BGTY chicken curry from Sainsburys (3 syns)
Sweetcorn
Butterbeans
Couscous (1 syn)
Rocket
Tomatoes
Pomegranate seeds
Cucumber
1/4 orange pepper
Cucumber
Low fat cottage cheese
Beetroot
Salmon
Mushrooms
Hot chocolate (2 syns)
Fruit and fibre (4 syns)

Total = 10 syns

Saturday's food:

Skimmed milk (HEX A)
Quorn sausages x 2 (grilled without oil)
Baked beans
Tinned mushrooms
Beetroot salad (1/2 tablespoon)
1/4 orange pepper
Grated 1/2 carrot
Cucumber
Tomato x 2 (tiny little ones)
Apple x 1
Scrambled eggs
Salmon
Cucumber
Beetroot salad
Diet coke
Baked beans
Steak
Snack-a-jacks (chili)
Hot chocolate
Apple

TOTAL SYNS = 5

Monday's food:

M & S ready porridge
Bananas x 2
Brown rice (1 syn)
Vegetable curry (4 syns)
Yoghurt x 1
Apples x 2
Hot chocolate (2 syns)
Snack a jacks (5 syns)
Spinach
Tomatoes
Sweet peppers
Cottage cheese
Pomegranate seeds
Sainsburys Moroccan Meatballs (BGTY) (7 syns)
TOTAL = 19 syns

Tuesday's food:

Frozen berries
Muller light yoghurt
Bran flakes
Skimmed milk
Bananas x 2
Satsumas x 2
Apple x 1
Salad from work (chicken) (3 SYNS)
Hot chocolate (2 SYNS)
BGTY mushroom risotto (8 SYNS)
Rocket
Sweetcorn
Cucumber
Sweet pepper
Pomegranate seeds
Grapes
Low fat cottage cheese

TOTAL = 13 SYNS

Wednesday's food:

Frozen berries
Muller light yoghurt
Bran flakes
Skimmed milk
Bananas x 2
Apples x 2
Satsumas x 2
Tuna = 1.5 SYNS
Salad (rocket/tomatoes/cucumber/pepper/couscous/pomegranate) = 1 SYN
Salmon
Mushrooms
Asparagus
Couscous = 1 SYN
Salad (rocket/tomatoes/cucumber/green pepper/sweet pepper/cottage cheese)
Berries + yoghurt

TOTAL = 3.5 SYNS

Thursday's Food:

Frozen berries
Muller light yoghurt
Bran flakes
Skimmed milk
Banana x 1
Satsumas x 2
Salad (rocket/sweetcorn/sweet pepper/green pepper/cucumber/tomatoes/pomegranate seeds/grapes)
Couscous = 1 SYN
Ratatouille (1/2 tin), Sainsburys = 1 1/2 SYNS
Mushrooms (1/2 tin)
Be Good to Yourself, Chilli Con Carne & Rice, chilled, 400g pack = 7 SYNS
Salad (spinach/carrot/tomatoes/cottage cheese/cucumber/pepper)
Asparagus
Mushrooms

TOTAL = 9.5 SYNS

I'm loving tracking my food this week. I have to say, I am absolutely positive that I'm going to have a loss on Sunday, but maybe that's jinxed it! But I feel so focused and energised, it's gone really well. I want to get down to 280 lbs by the end of March, which IS 6 lbs in 2 weeks. I know it's a lot, but then I'll have ten months to lose 5 lbs a month. I feel I can lose 3-4 lbs this week, and 2 lbs the week after. Although I know it's not a numbers game, but still...

Hi Honey,

Glad you're feeling so positive. Some people thrive on challenges and others don't. So if you think it will help then go for it. Fingers crossed for Sunday. See you then.

Gail x

Hi Honey,

Glad you're feeling so positive. Some people thrive on challenges and others don't. So if you think it will help then go for it. Fingers crossed for Sunday. See you then.

Gail x

Hi Gail,

Thank you!!!

I know, I like being very specific in what I want to achieve - the only problem is that if I don't get there I feel disheartened; it hasn't happened yet, but I am watching out to make sure it doesn't happen.

So long as my weight is a steady loss downwards, it's good; if this journey takes me two, three, four years, that's okay too - but I do want to see regular loss. I seem to have plateaued a little in February, although it didn't feel like it at the time, only looking back.

was going home yesterday and I was going down the stairs to get a few extra steps in on the pedometer; my music was playing and I felt genuinely good. I met the cleaner and her little girl on the way down the stairs, and we stopped to chat.
I was zumba-ing badly with the little girl for a laugh, when her mom said bluntly “oh my god, you have lost so much weight!” I felt kind of awkward, but we chatted about it for about ten minutes, and she was so much about how much weight I’ve lost, and how good it looked. A lot of it seems to have come off my face, which is unusual, but maybe that’s why it’s seen as so noticeable. I felt great about myself, it was very motivating. How nice of her!!!

Friday's food:

Frozen berries
Muller light yoghurt
Bran flakes
Skimmed milk
Bananas x 2
Satsumas x 3
Apples x 2
Salad (spinach/tomatoes/carrots/grapes/cucumber/pepper/sweet pepper)
Ratatouille (1/2 tin) = 1.5 SYNS
Mushrooms (1/2 tin)
Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, Chicken & Mushroom
Salmon
Berries + Yoghurt

TOTAL = 1.5 SYNS

Well, this week I've so far averaged under 10 syns a day and also I've walked an average of 10,000 steps a day - which is a LOT. I'm hopeful that I've lost weight when I weigh in tomorrow. I think it's because I've been a bit hit and miss lately, I'd like to see my journey back on track going downwards.

I feel lighter, my clothes really really don't fit, and I'm getting a lot of compliments...

It's nice but disconcerting at the same time.

Saturday's food:

2 quorn sausages
Baked beans
Mushrooms
Spinach
Cucumber
1 x apple
Snack-a-jacks = 5 SYNS
Quorn fillets in tomato sauce with black olives
Spinach
Mushrooms
Cucumber