A very quick quetion for you all...

Nade

If youare doing SS and your BMI drops below 25, can you remain on SS or do you HAVE to move to one of the other plans?

Thanks!

You should be ready to move to at least the 810 step, by the time you reach a BMI of 25. Therefore, it's advisable to do ss+ for at least a week once you get close to being 'healthy'.

Anything under 800 cals a day is classed as a vlcd, and NICE guidelines state that you shouldn't be on a vlcd with a healthy BMI, as this could lead to your body burning lean muscle, rather than fat.

Hope that helps. :)

Jo x

So it is not lie lighter lifewhere you can stay on "development" until you have got the weight you want to be, then go onto maintenance? (was planning on the fact that I am likelyto lose anything 4 to 7 lbs on maintenance butthat would be my "leway")

So it is not lie lighter lifewhere you can stay on "development" until you have got the weight you want to be, then go onto maintenance? (was planning on the fact that I am likelyto lose anything 4 to 7 lbs on maintenance butthat would be my "leway")

You are on Cambridge, I assume?

I'm not entirely sure about LL, but I think you're right that you can do abstinance on LL until you're well into a healthy BMI range. I'm not quite sure why this is - possibly because your GP's involved in monitoring your weight loss. Cambridge stick strictly to the NICE guidelines though, as I guess it covers them legally.

Bear in mind, once at a BMI of 25, you can stay on 810 for some time - you don't have to start moving up the rest of the steps straight away. If you want to get down to a fairly low healthy BMI, then the losses are still good on 810.

Jo x

Back