• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A very quick quetion for you all...

Nade

mommysue

Silver Member
as you get closer to goal you start moving up the plans til your at goal and in mainatainence

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
You should be ready to move to at least the 810 step, by the time you reach a BMI of 25. Therefore, it's advisable to do ss+ for at least a week once you get close to being 'healthy'.

Anything under 800 cals a day is classed as a vlcd, and NICE guidelines state that you shouldn't be on a vlcd with a healthy BMI, as this could lead to your body burning lean muscle, rather than fat.

Hope that helps. :)

Jo x

Nade

So it is not lie lighter lifewhere you can stay on "development" until you have got the weight you want to be, then go onto maintenance? (was planning on the fact that I am likelyto lose anything 4 to 7 lbs on maintenance butthat would be my "leway")

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
So it is not lie lighter lifewhere you can stay on "development" until you have got the weight you want to be, then go onto maintenance? (was planning on the fact that I am likelyto lose anything 4 to 7 lbs on maintenance butthat would be my "leway")

You are on Cambridge, I assume?

I'm not entirely sure about LL, but I think you're right that you can do abstinance on LL until you're well into a healthy BMI range. I'm not quite sure why this is - possibly because your GP's involved in monitoring your weight loss. Cambridge stick strictly to the NICE guidelines though, as I guess it covers them legally.

Bear in mind, once at a BMI of 25, you can stay on 810 for some time - you don't have to start moving up the rest of the steps straight away. If you want to get down to a fairly low healthy BMI, then the losses are still good on 810.

Jo x